• A comment on my last post:

Actually four German submarines can reach Sea Zone 106 to fight the Canadian destroyer and scrambling t bomber and Dutch cruiser.  Althought the Germans could send all these submarines to ensure Canada is useless for the first two turns, this diversion will have serious effects elsewhere (very likely saving some British ships).

Getting back to the Eastern Front, I consulted with others about your worries of a Russian disadvantage, but the only change I was able to implement was the removal of the tank in Finland.  At least the Finns won’t be blitzing Karelia and Vyborg anymore.

• Bulgaria was nerfed.

Now, Bulgaria may never declare war on the Soviet Union unless attacked by the Russians, and Bulgaria will not collect NOs.  Also, the industrial complex on Bulgaria was removed since the territory is only worth one.  Just like Free France and Yuguslavia, Bulgaria may build units on its original territory without needing a factory.

Canada was given a bonus one IPC on hand at the start of the game (8/7) to allow a destroyer purchase.

I managed to get some more of your ideas implemented A&A1940:
    Romania and Finland’s NO’s were reduced.
    The factories on Hungary and Romania were demoted to minors to encourage bombing.
    Canada no longer needs Gibraltar for its NOs.

Here is a FAQ about strange French scenarios that aren’t uncommon in this house rule setup:
    Q.  What happens if Germany takes Southern France (Vichy) turn one?
    A.  Vichy will continue to collect from its territories, but it will never get the chance to build.  Since all that stored up cash will eventually reach Free French hands, this is a bad move on Germany’s part.

Q.  What happens if Free French troops in Normandy take Southern France (Vichy) turn one?
    A.  This is interesting.  Basically a civil war has broken out.  It will be opn to the Axis to “liberate” Southern France from the FFF so Vichy can have a factory to spend its IPCs on.  The “liberating” Axis forces will be obliged to remove themselves on the following turn.

Q.  Is Southern France a capital for Vichy?
    A.  No.  In all cases where Southern France is seized by the Allies, Vichy will retain its money.  Only when one of the three requirements (stated in the ruleset) for making Vichy join the Free French is met at the end of Free France’s turn, then will Vichy’s IPCs be sacked (by Free France).

• I noticed a problem: as the game goes on, the Commonwealth starts to have quite a few more troops at the front that Britain and even exceeds the UK’S income sometimes.  To remedy this exaggeration, 8 IPCs in NOs have been removed from Canada and South Africa and given to UK Europe.
    EDIT: The minor industrial complex on Ontario was restored.

• '17 '16 '15

unless it’s disrupting game balance, I’d suggest leaving it. History is one of the best parts of the game : )

• This looks like a very fun setup.  Couple questions though.  Does Holland and Poland after liberation get to claim IPC’s from their capital and colonies?  Just wondering because Holland and Belgium for instance would all of a sudden be making as much cash as a major power.  Not that there’s anything wrong with that but just asking for clarification.

***Edited - i answered my own question while reading through the rules again.

• @Charles:

If you want to have the full experience, also use this neutral expansion ruleset along with the new powers:

https://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=38615.msg%msg_id%

All playtests of this addition of 11 powers used these new neutral rules, and I definitely recommend you play these two house rules together.  It allows for fun things like South Africa invading Portuguese colonies, Bulgaria and Italy invading Turkey etc.

We are currently working on implementing the 20-power ruleset for other Global setups.  If you would like to play this add-on in a Pacific/Europe solo game, I can post the theater rulesets on request.

Charles De Gaulle, has your group worked on any other setups recently besides 20 powers in 1940?  I am formally putting in a request (or fan vote) for 1936 with with 20 powers.  Maybe some of the smaller countries that weren’t conquered by Germany yet could act as pro-allied neutrals.  I just think 20 powers would work well from an early starting point.  More variables to “rewrite” history to some extent.  Anyways thanks for your efforts.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m