YG's and DCC's Custom 3D map project

• Sponsor

@DiveCrewCanada:

Very nice!!!

I will definitely try to go say hello during the event.

Can you post the images I tried to post? (My account is not allowed to post links… )

Sure, but you only need 5 more posts to be able yourself.

• I must be “special” because it still doesn’t allow me lol

(unless a “reply” is not considered a “post”)

• Sponsor

@DiveCrewCanada:

I must be “special” because it still doesn’t allow me lol

(unless a “reply” is not considered a “post”)

Under your avatar, it says you only have 6 posts… but that’s still one more than you had before replying to my last post… keep replying to verify you’re not a robot.

• Finally worked, I edited my original post to put the picts :)

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

This is an ambitious and awesome project, you guys are doing. I’m sure the players are going to have a tremendous experience at this event.

Cheers too you guys! :-)

• Sponsor

@John:

This is an ambitious and awesome project, you guys are doing. I’m sure the players are going to have a tremendous experience at this event.

I just can’t get over that water effect he does, people around the table might think they’ll actually get wet.

@Young:

@John:

I just can’t get over that water effect he does, people around the table might think they’ll actually get wet.

Yes, I bet it will be truly amazing to see. :-)

• @John:

@Young:

@John:

We are aiming for that….no pressure :/ lol

@DiveCrewCanada:

@John:

@Young:

@John:

We are aiming for that….no pressure :/ lolÂ

Yes, no pressure, lol. :-D

• My support is behind this. Don’t work too hard, we don’t want to see smoke.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

@CWO:

@Young:

Not sure we want to prevent it… playability and the terrain must work together in all aspects of the game if this table is going to be more than just eye candy.

Tjoek may have been referring to potential mechanical issues.  The video by Fenris, for example, shows patches of 3-D terrain that look like fuzzy grass (the kind used for model railway landscapes), and my reaction on seeing them was to wonder whether these surfaces would be too uneven to allow A&A infantry sculpt pieces (which are tall and have a narrow base) to stand up securely.  Also, given that the Global 1940 map can get awfully crowded with plastic sculpts even when it’s nice and flat, would the crowding issues be magnified when the map is uneven three-dimensionally, and (if you were planning to include them, as Fenris does on his map) when the landscape includes decorative elements like plastic cows (if I’m interpreting the video correctly)?

Thanks Marc for carifying what I tried to say. Sound good how YG and DCC have thought about it before this project. Looking forward to see the end result and bit of progress that’s worthy of showing.

• Last teaser before the end of the financing campaign Friday June 9th

Miniatures are not finished painting but it gives an idea of what it will look like with painted pieces on the board.

Wow DCC, that is sweet looking! :-D

• @John:

Wow DCC, that is sweet looking! :-D

Thank you sir,

We will start the built (and documenting/video recording) next week.  YG will contact the project’s backers shortly after the campaign’end to discuss their “artifact/trophy” location and what they would like to have embedded into the map. So far I think there is 20 or so backers… (thanks to each and everyone of them for believing and contributing in the project)

The location of the “artifact/trophy” is not limited to the main map’s sea zones… If they wish, they can have it in one of the “blow out” maps…  At the end of the day, the goal is to make people as happy as possible.

• Sponsor

Hey Everyone,

Here is our progress on this project as of August 1st 2017…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL1avCMC_i0

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m