• I had looked for 2nd Edition forever and had given up hope and “settled” for 1942.  Well, I lucked into a set at a garage sale.  It came with 6 game boards, 6 sets of combat cards, 6 sets of production cards, 3 sets of country cards; but, only one set of pieces.  I was going to give a set to my best friend.  He would like to buy a set of pieces.  Anyone know where I can purchase a set of game pieces?

Second.  Anyone want the extra set of country cards/production cards/combat cards?

Third.  I have also always wanted the 50th anniversary and Revised versions of this game.  I have debated printing game boards and adhering them to the extra 2nd Edition boards I now have.  Thoughts?  I don’t want to ruin something someone would want…

Thanks

• I can answer the first question– Historical Board Gaming’s website has pieces from all sorts of versions of the game, and I am reasonably certain that you could cobble together what you need there.

• Customizer

This is an old post but you could just “build” a modded version of classic with the newer sculpts. There are links if you use the google search on the forum to find most of what you need.

The piece count for all nations are the same and you don’t need that many. it’s like:

20 INF
    2 CV
    3 BB
    6 SUBS
    3 BOMBERS
    10 FIGHTERS
    10-12 TANKS
    10 TRANSPORTS
    12AA GUNS
    12 ICS

You only need five colors and if you buy basic pieces some cost as little as .05 cents a piece. Just use the newer pieces and you’ll have a pretty cool set.

• Customizer

@twmattox:

I had looked for 2nd Edition forever and had given up hope and “settled” for 1942.  Well, I lucked into a set at a garage sale.  It came with 6 game boards, 6 sets of combat cards, 6 sets of production cards, 3 sets of country cards; but, only one set of pieces.  I was going to give a set to my best friend.  He would like to buy a set of pieces.  Anyone know where I can purchase a set of game pieces?

Second.  Anyone want the extra set of country cards/production cards/combat cards?

Third.  I have also always wanted the 50th anniversary and Revised versions of this game.  I have debated printing game boards and adhering them to the extra 2nd Edition boards I now have.  Thoughts?  I don’t want to ruin something someone would want…

Thanks

All you need for AA50 is the printed materials. Honestly the only really cool piece there was in AA50 was that the US got Hellcats as well as P-38 Lightings. Just my opinion as someone who has everything but AAGC, a lot of the pieces looked like crap and were molded poorly in some people’s games. Frankly the pieces in AA versions made after AA50 have been some of the best quality. If you can get all the printable material just get the newer pieces they are way better.

• @toblerone77:

All you need for AA50 is the printed materials. Honestly the only really cool piece there was in AA50 was that the US got Hellcats as well as P-38 Lightings.

If I’m not mistaken, the Hellcat only ever appeared in two games: the original Pacific game (in addition to the P-38) and the Guadalcanal game (by itself).

• Customizer

@CWO:

@toblerone77:

All you need for AA50 is the printed materials. Honestly the only really cool piece there was in AA50 was that the US got Hellcats as well as P-38 Lightings.

If I’m not mistaken, the Hellcat only ever appeared in two games: the original Pacific game (in addition to the P-38) and the Guadalcanal game (by itself).

Call me lucky then. Because I have Hellcats and Lightnings in my AA50 set. It has never been mixed or had anything added or taken away. If you look on the back of the box of Spring '42 first edition you will see a US Hellcat in Africa also, even though it was not in that edition.

• @toblerone77:

Call me lucky then. Because I have Hellcats and Lightnings in my AA50 set. It has never been mixed or had anything added or taken away. If you look on the back of the box of Spring '42 first edition you will see a US Hellcat in Africa also, even though it was in that edition.

Hmm…very puzzling.  I don’t recall my copy of Anniversary containing Wildcats, so either I’m mistaken or I got a variant printing of it.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m