• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Ok so it came up in Game.

My Nazi Sub was in Sz125 Blocking the Convoy there.  Of course this being an act of war among some other battles, the Russians sent there sub to kill mine. Naturally I submerged before dice were rolled.  So reading the rules - that basically say - during the collect income phase - “Any Warships” present in a convoy zone SZ, block the convoy.

So we concluded that although the russians came, and I was submerged, that there was nothing he could do to stop my convoy block by the reading of the rule.

Is this correct? Or if you are forced to submerge, does that disqualify you from Convoy Zone blocks?

• The Russian player needs a destroyer to lift you from the convoy zone because you have a sub there.  Submerged sub in a convoy zone works.

• @Dark_Destroyer:

The Russian player needs a destroyer to lift you from the convoy zone because you have a sub there.  Submerged sub in a convoy zone works.

“Submerging” is a term that can occur only in a battle as an option for Submarines to “retreat” while remaining in place.  After the battle is over, they are no longer considered “submerged”.  “Submerging” has no bearing at all in any other turn phase.

In addition, if you have any warship in a convoy zone during the collect income phase of the enemy’s turn (that controls territories adjacent to the convoy zone) they deduct their income REGARDLESS of whether they, or ANY another ally, have ships in that zone.  Japan could, for example, mobilize as many ships as they wanted in seazone 6 but it would NOT prevent convoy interdiction if an Allied power had ships in that space.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m