• (playing with NA) normally i would place my IC in india with  my AA.
    so far i have reinforced it with 6 Armor
                                              3 Armor, 3AA (very nasty for japan)
    and i was thinking about        10 Infantry to sustain damage till my next turn

is there a better way to reinforce it? should i place my IC somewhere else?

• You could always put it in Eastern Canada.  Also worth 3, safe from (most) aggression, can transport men into Norway/UK in one shot.

• Hey Mork,

Each Complex can only mobilize a maximum number of units equal to the income value of the territory it occupies.  Therefore, you can only mobilize 3 units per turn in India, or 8 in the United Kingdom, for that matter.

Also, you say you have 3AA, but only 1 AA in any terrotory is actually active… having more than one of them in a territory does not increase the defensive value of your antiarcraft system at all.

That being said, India is a good solid bet, Australia can be fun if you give it some early US support, Anglo-Egypt will inspire some extremely fierce fighting for Africa, and South Africa is a bit slow to get in the game but is okay once the train of troops comes into contact with the enemy.  I have never placed a Complex in Canada because it seems too simliar to the UK in terms of placement flexibility.

All other original UK territories are Value:1 and therefore a waste to place a Complex on, in my opinion.

India can be reinforced with the Russian armour from Caucasus in R1, if you can spare it.  Both Russian fighters can also get there in R1, but that means that both of them have the option to attack only West Russia in R1, by virtue of their movement limitations.

~Josh

• 2007 AAR League

Ditto on what OutsideLime said.

• 2007 AAR League

@OutsideLime:

India can be reinforced with the Russian armour from Caucasus in R1, if you can spare it.  Both Russian fighters can also get there in R1, but that means that both of them have the option to attack only West Russia in R1, by virtue of their movement limitations.

If you are reinforcing India with Russian armour and fighters, chances are your R1 attacks won’t consist of much more than West Russia anyway.  Maybe Belorussia.  But I don’t think I’d ever consider this move with a Ukraine opening.

• @rjclayton:

@OutsideLime:

If you are reinforcing India with Russian armour and fighters, chances are your R1 attacks won’t consist of much more than West Russia anyway.  Maybe Belorussia.  But I don’t think I’d ever consider this move with a Ukraine opening.

You can always set up to have Russia take back India on R2 (if Japan were to take it J1) and then UK could drop units on UK2 like she never skipped a beat (UK would own then IC at the start of their turn….)

This can be done even if you hit ukraine by moving the Kazahk inf to persia and buying a tank (or two…), placing them in Caucasus on R1.

• hmm… thats too bad that the IC’s can only put out as many units as the place is worth in IPC, and that only one AA is active at a time. Are you sure? because it is really nice to be able to roll 16 die against a Japan air strike. (4 die per plane). (can someone cite these rules from the book, not LHTR, we dont play LHTR)

also i think that russia shouldn’t really be worrying too much about supporting UK.  and worry more about the impending japan strike. move R1 move kazakh and copuntry above that into Siankang and move rest of infantry to the pacific border to with japan. moving forces into siankang is helpful to slow japans conquering of china.

and as for canada, i might prefer in western canada to help US hold out on japans blitz into west US J2

• 2007 AAR League

@Mork:

hmm… thats too bad that the IC’s can only put out as many units as the place is worth in IPC, and that only one AA is active at a time. Are you sure? because it is really nice to be able to roll 16 die against a Japan air strike. (4 die per plane). (can someone cite these rules from the book, not LHTR, we dont play LHTR)

Here are the relevant sections.

Page 22 of the OOB Manual
    Phase 6: Mobilize New Units

Restrictions on Placement:
    You can mobilize only a number of units up to the income value of the territory containing the industrial complex. You cannot place your new units at an industrial complex owned by a friendly power, unless its capital is in enemy hands (see Liberating a Territory on page 18).

Page 25 of the OOB Manual
    AA Guns
    Special Abilities

Shoot Down Air Units: Antiaircraft guns can shoot down attacking air units. Whenever an air unit enters a territory containing an enemy antiaircraft gun, the antiaircraft gun fires during the opening fire step of combat. Roll one die for each attacking air unit (but only one antiaircraft gun in a territory can fire, even if they are controlled by different powers). For every roll of 1, one attacking air unit is destroyed.

• Man, you bet your ass that you’re limited to the territory value for unit count production.

Otherwise, German industrial complex in Ukraine would be standard when USSR didn’t take Ukraine.  But then, I bet that Ukr/West Russia would become the industry standard for Russian openings (rather than just a popular choice)

• … not to mention the US complex in Sinkiang!  8 American tanks in Asia on US2?  Done!

~Josh

• Through the course of history (and even today) invaders / defenders made militia unit where ever they went. I like the idea that INF can spawn from where ever you want not to exceed the locations IPC index. To bad thats not a rule :cry:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I actually did the IC in E. Canada trick once.  Then again, I lost none of my fleet to the Japanese and only the DD and BB in the Med you can’t defend before Germany goes.  That means I started the game with 4 Transports and only needed 2 more (1 for SZ 1 to SZ 2 and 1 for SZ 6 to SZ 5) to move 10 units a round into N. Asia/Europe.

Now, Switch is going to chime in with a quote of mine taken completely out of context where I say that 3 transports is enough.  Yes.  When you have England ONLY to produce units and ONLY because 4 transports makes you want to produce 8 ground units every round, to maximize and not waste their transport capability.  Then it is good to go with 3 transports, 6 ground units and 1 or 2 air/sea units a round.

• 2007 AAR League

UK IC build is never a recommendation of mine.  I would always say to maximize production in the UK and focus on Germany.

However, if you build that IC in India, you’d better buy US navy in the pacific to keep it UK.

• As the UK on UK 1 I buy 2 IC. I put on in India the other in S Africa. After that I buy 3 INF for India and 2 ARM for S Africa, and maybe a fighter for England. I don’t do any thing in Asia for at least a turn or 2. I use the ARM to clear out Africa fast then move them to reinforce India. With the FTR’s I move them to the Russian front line, then the next turn I move them to India. Don’t know if there is a flaw in my plan I don’t play any one very good mostly teach people how to play hoping they want to play again and not run away kicking and screeming. (little success as of yet.

• @losttribe04:

As the UK on UK 1 I buy 2 IC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream

If BOTH the US and USSR are total retards, UK will need ICs.  But NOT two on the first turn, because there is a good chance of London falling to Germany.

Seriously, though, 2 ICs is only something you should ever do if US and USSR are both retarded.  It is, I think, almost certainly not an efficient strategy.  South Africa is too easy for Japan to overwhelm (if you just beef up at South Africa, there’s almost no point in putting an IC there in the first place).  You could build a fleet and army at S. Africa/India, but that leaves Germany free run of Europe, and USSR will have far more pressure applied against it.

• I guess I left a wee part out the US player on US1 starts to mass a Navy in the Atlantic thus making an expensive buffer to break.

• 2007 AAR League

• @losttribe04:

I guess I left a wee part out the US player on US1 starts to mass a Navy in the Atlantic thus making an expensive buffer to break.

The US does need a fleet.  But going India/S. Africa is FAR more suited to a KJF than a KGF.

The UK is gallivanting off in India and South Africa, while the US is building a fleet in the Atlantic.  And meanwhile, the Russians are - where?  No reinforcements.

The Germans and Japs don’t need to break that Atlantic buffer.  All they need to do is make a beeline for Moscow for the win.

• 2007 AAR League

Lots of armor

• RE: to the KJF comment,

I don’t use UK to KJF, I use them to pacify Japan until I done with Germany. 3 INF and maybe 2 ARM per turn isn’t going to slow down Japan if they want the mainland.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m