• I’m just curious, because I’ve never known a female (apart from Jenifer) who likes this game.  My wife for instance refuses to have much to do with it.  To her it looks like grown men playing with little green army men. :lol:

• 2007 AAR League

I am a man.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I used to play with little green army men.  I had one side built up with lincoln logs on defense of the town while the American imperial pigdogs invaded and stole their land from them.

• 2007 AAR League

My little green army men used to join forces with GI Joe.
    Then they would have an all out Galactic War with Star Wars figures (Empire joined the Rebellion).

• 2007 AAR League

@Jennifer:

I used to play with little green army men.  I had one side built up with lincoln logs on defense of the town while the American imperial pigdogs invaded and stole their land from them.

Are you sure your little army men weren’t RED?  :-D

@jsp4563:

@Jennifer:

Are you sure your little army men weren’t RED?  :-D

Quite sure.  I had Yellowish Brown, White and Green.  The green ones were always the imperialist Americans comming to enslave and force capitalism on good, utopian living communists. =)

• you a communist?  Just kidding. It doesn’t matter.  Seems like most of us are men.  Thats intersting, esp RAF pilots get all the chicks according to some on these boards. :-D

• @triforce:

I’m just curious, because I’ve never known a female (apart from Jenifer) who likes this game.  My wife for instance refuses to have much to do with it.  To her it looks like grown men playing with little green army men. :lol:

To clarify about my wife, she is usually busy making sure everything is just right when guys come over to play.  Food, Tea, a clean home.  Yeah she takes care of it.  She just doesn’t have time to play.

• I’ve submitted my vote. It’s starting to sink in that this is probably a bad place for me to find a new girlfriend. Judging from the poll results not impossible, but tough. Real tough. :-P

Yes, but on the flip side, teh shopping is great for me. =)

• I’m telling you, this game just dosen’t have much cool factor with the ladies :|. Suring on the other hand… 8-)

• 2007 AAR League

Yeah this game can put a wedge in a relationship if she doesn’t understand that it’s “A&A.”  I have semi-retired from the game a few times because of new GF=no understanding of A&A… that plus raising my daughter takes time too.  At least my daughter (5 years old) understands that I’ll give her attention as soon as the move is finished!  :)

• @triforce:

I’m just curious, because I’ve never known a female (apart from Jenifer) who likes this game.  My wife for instance refuses to have much to do with it.  To her it looks like grown men playing with little green army men. :lol:

It probably looks that way because it actually is grown men playing with little green army men.

also, i am all that is man.

• @Cobert:

@triforce:

It probably looks that way because it actually is grown men playing with little green army men.

The only difference between men and boys is the complexity of the ruleset.

• Either way, you have to admit its a nerdy hobby.

• Yeah. the only way to be more nerdy with minitures is to play warhammer and paint the pieces with intricate detail.

• Ooopppsss…

Guess I have to hide my AD&D figures then…  :evil:

• Mine was a lotr mini’s game by Games Workshop. The company that made warhammer.  I was also into battletech when I was in High School.

• @triforce:

My wife for instance refuses to have much to do with it.  To her it looks like grown men playing with little green army men. :lol:

Actually, my wife does not mind playing.  She does mind the set-up time, the duration, and the fact that it takes up the entire dining table.  :-D

• Sheesh, it sounds like a bunch of old men are playing this game, what with mentioning the wifey and all.  Anyone here NOT married?  I’m single, but not like it would make much of a difference here on the boards.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m