How much of an A&A sore loser are you?

• Be honest!  Explanations welcome too….

• I haave had a few REALLY bad incidents of being a sore loser.

Improving with age though…

• I don’t mind losing, especially if it is to an innovative strategy or clever tactics.  Sure, it stings a bit, but losing just means that another game is about to start!

~Josh

• um . . .

Blood washes out dishonor!

MWAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA!

(post count +1)

(beer)

• I end up not talking to them and getting mildly pissed when they cheer for getting good die.

• I usually get bent out of shape when great dice are taken as good play. I also don’t like making mistakes. If I lose because I wasn’t paying attention or made a decision I know I shouln’t and execute anyway I’m pretty upset. I get more angry with myself than with opponents except when 19 of 25 2’s and 1’s for INF are taken as a sign of supreme strategy.

I’m mellowing out though. Also experience is minimizing mistakes.

The pool analogy to apply
    9 on the snap and the guy making it doesn’t say he got lucky = It stops being a friendly game.
    Guy makes a tough shot and gets a good roll of the table      =Cranky but that is the way it goes. No hard feelings.
    I blow an easy one on the 9                                            =Kick myself pretty hard in the ass and can’t let it go even if I play flawless for the rest of the time.
    Get my a** handed to me by a good player                        =Thanks for the lesson

• I think i’m from the frimmel school.  I’ve been figuratively lashing myself for the careless mistakes that i’ve made in our game whereas a simple “d’Oh!” has sufficed for lucky/unlucky dice rolls. 
    Anyway - DM has handed me my ass on a couple of occassions, and aside from his bizaare pro-Iraq invasion stance, we are still on reasonable terms ;)

• The other way I like to put it:

I don’t mind getting beaten. I hate losing.

• for me i don’t play often enough so that when i do play I NEED to win.

• I don’t really care if i lose (if not a debate or gambling). I’m a sore winner not a sore loser.  :mrgreen: i’ve actually have braged when i lost before.  :roll:

@cystic:

I think i’m from the frimmel school.  I’ve been figuratively lashing myself for the careless mistakes that i’ve made in our game whereas a simple “d’Oh!” has sufficed for lucky/unlucky dice rolls. 
    Anyway - DM has handed me my a** on a couple of occassions, and aside from his bizaare pro-Iraq invasion stance, we are still on reasonable terms ;)

Lol!
    Yep, as long as we stay away from US-Iraq we’re good to go.  :-D

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I don’t loose Axis and Allies games.  The other guy wins.

And for the record, there is a sore winner on this board and he’s also in the tourney.  He knows who he is!

• “I usually get bent out of shape when great dice are taken as good play.”

Yes, me too.

But I’d like to draw attention to the fact that in real life, and especially in war, sometimes the idiot that signaled “Charge!” and got lucky is the one that wins the day.

The game uses dice for a reason.  You have to live with what rolls come up, good or bad.  SOMETIMES, the game ends on a lucky long shot, but I wouldn’t want to have it any other way (which is why I do NOT like Low Luck).

Just to get things straight, YES, I do not like losing to a luckier person.  YES, I still think that luck is an important part of the game.

• '19 Moderator

It’s pretty rare that I miss things, More often than not if I screw up it’s because I took a chance and got too agresive.  I can live with that pretty easy though because odds are something I understand pretty easily.  What really burns me is when the dice go on a box car parade.  By the same token, I laugh and hoot when the aces are flowing.

The guys I play with are world class sh!t talkers, so you can’t help but roll with it.  For example this past weekend in a game I was America and the Japanese player must have shot me the bird 20 times.  All in good fun of course.

• 2007 AAR League

Bad dice can put me in a bad mood but I try not to let my mood come across the table.

I also feel embarressed when I get a string of “unearned” luck.  It is one thing if I put together a hair-brained plan that can pull my butt out of the fire with a good roll or three.  I figure that is good play.  It is entirely different when I start rolling good dice non-stop in a plan where it just starts to decimate the other guy.  I feel sorry for the other guy at that point.

Good strategy by the other guy will make me quiet but typically that 'cause I’m pulling it apart 50 different ways in my head.

Good tactics by the other guy are admired and emulated.

When my game goes bad due to my bad play there is not much I can do but laugh and fight it out to the very end.

• The dice love me. I love the dice.

The dice hate me. I hate the dice.

Fickle little daughters of Lady Luck.

• 2007 AAR League

But with out the dice the game is soo boring….

• it’s not the losing that bugs me, it’s losing and then the being made fun of for playing the Imperial March from Star Wars back at the beginning of all my turns during the game and still losing.

• It’s no big deal….
    as long as I figure out how to beat them the next time by losing

• '19 Moderator

@Baghdaddy:

I also feel embarressed when I get a string of “unearned” luck.  It is one thing if I put together a hair-brained plan that can pull my butt out of the fire with a good roll or three.  I figure that is good play.  It is entirely different when I start rolling good dice non-stop in a plan where it just starts to decimate the other guy.  I feel sorry for the other guy at that point.

Very true, it’s always better to hear “Man, I didn’t see that comming” than “If you hadn’t had that dice run…”

It feels beter to win with average or even bad dice.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m