• IMG_4118.jpg
    hms brit naval.jpg

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

jwo, how long does it take you to paint and trick out one ship?

These ships are so impressive.

Superb job on these. :-)

• @John:

Thanks John.  some of the mod ships take the longest…usually about two evenings at home 3 hrs each…so 6 total.  They may look like they take awhile with all the little accessories and stuff but its not that bad.  Then just the regular painted pieces I can get done in a bout a hour or so.  Back ends up going first as I’m sure you know to JB! hunched over a table long enough painting these little pieces haha.  You resume any more work on your personal armies JB?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@jwo1984:

@John:

Thanks John.  some of the mod ships take the longest…usually about two evenings at home 3 hrs each…so 6 total.  They may look like they take awhile with all the little accessories and stuff but its not that bad.  Then just the regular painted pieces I can get done in a bout a hour or so.  Back ends up going first as I’m sure you know to JB! hunched over a table long enough painting these little pieces haha.  You resume any more work on your personal armies JB?

jwo, unfortunately my wife has taken over my painting space, but with in the next couple months, I’m going to resume painting.

Fortunately, Spitfire has just completed the UK Pacific, and it is terrific. He will post some pictures, soon. When he’s done I will post some pictures on my metal map, as well. :-D

• Exquisite!  :-D You ought to sell some of these no joke. I am sure you can get a lot of money for them on eBay for instance.

• @Charles:

Exquisite!  :-D You ought to sell some of these no joke. I am sure you can get a lot of money for them on eBay for instance.

Thanks Charles, glad you think they are worthy enough for something like that.  I just am a history buff and like the accuracy and historical reference of certain units! makes the game more fun.

• This is why France should have its own units  :-D

• @Charles:

This is why France should have its own units  :-D

Actually HBG… a war gaming online store is coming out with a French set! I always thought that the southern France naval units on AA Europe (cruiser and destroyer) should technically belong to the axis… to convey the strong Vichy France naval force in the med that Churchill ended up attacking in fear the germans would take over the ships.

• France historically is a mess. They are not enough units and where they units are they should be Vichy.

• Those are very impressive, sir.  Not just the details and kitbashing but the paint job and wash as well.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m