Reasons why you shouldn't kill France first

• Even though the game by itself didn’t come with enough pieces (like the German inf) and the map could be a bit bigger and split some territories (like Ukraine) and it favors the allies most of the time it is still an awesome game. With a few modifications this could be an amazing game. I also like it because it is the first A&A that is not WW2 it good to be different sometimes.

• Yes, sir.

• I agree this and Gudalcanal (with some home rules) are my two games.

Always testing new things with 1914, trying to see how to make it better.

I have every A&A game so getting extra units that mostly match is not a problem…but still its lame it didn’t have enough to begin with. Other versions come with extra units never needed.

Russian aircraft carriers for ecample…

• Sorry meant to say my two go to games.

And usually russia falls in round 4-6 , give or take.

• Haha, right, legion.  Russian carriers are a fun piece.  Crank one out if you capture Berlin, just for fun.  You are one of my heroes, owning all the AAA games.  That is my goal, one day.  When I have more disposable income.  :-)

• I started a separate thread for the opposing view. (“Why you should take France first”)

• Customizer

Still don’t think CP victory is possible against competent Allied play.

UK sends whatever is needed to block CP victory until US forces arrive in strength = game over.

Some solutions:

RR needs to generate “Red” (i.e. Bolshevik pro-CP) forces in Russia to fight remaining “Whites” and Allies. Also produces free German/Austrian units to represent released POWs.

Germany needs a second production centre closer to the Western Front, otherwise too many CP units spend early turns in transit rather than fighting. Otherwise allow u/l rail movement between controlled tts.

USA does not build units or collect income until actually at war. Then it gets one “draft” turn to buy cheap (half price) infantry only.  This represents the fact that until 1917 the US did not intend getting involved, so did not spend more than was usual on the military.

Victory conditions based on “political collapse” are unworkable since the war will generally always be fought on allied soil. Instead it needs to be a formula based on CPs must control X victory cities by turn Y in order to win.

• The OOB 1914 is in favor of the Allies.  Never ever take Paris before Moscow (or triggering the Revolution) or you never will.  Current best strategy I have seen is
    1 Take out Russia
    2 Put enough pressure on France just to make the Brits send a few units there and divert IPCs from India
    3 Hold Italy back only securing Venice
    4 Take out Russia
    5 Hold out with the Ottomans and don’t try to get offensive.
    6 Try to make the Americans go to France or Italy and not the Balkans or Turkey
    7 Take our Russia

I hope I mentioned to take out Russia as fast as possible.

P.S. I made a 1915 setup for 1914 which uses no house rules but attempts to make the game better through setup change only. Please take a look at it in house rules.

• I think the best and Most historical way is to create more usw zones for German submarines that will cost the allies ipc when there were uboats there At the collect income Phase (Maybe take a Look At my Own Game in the variants)

• To support CdeG, although I have played 1914 just twice, both games featured an axis focus on taking out Russia (no Russian Revolution) while Turkey holds on, leading to an axis victory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m