What is biding and is it neccasary.

• Yes but that’s guilt by similarity and I’m rather tired of it.  I feel as if I am being accused of being a witch in Salem…if I float I am guilty and if I sink I’m dead.  Gee great choice.  But is there a way to prove I am not these people?  Oh by the way I really am Maddogg and NCSSwitch is that a problem here?

• :roll:

Folks are just pointing out similarities.

• The “great” agent smith is no more than a coward. Of course this would not apply to you deth!! :-D

• Folks are just pointing out similarities.

Right but how much of that is WISHFUL THINKING?  It seems as if it would be more of a let down to you all if I weren’t him than if I was.  More over “similiarities” is an often vague encompassing safety word which allows you to generalize traits shared with most other people as well.  Both he and I could be right handed but that in of itself is not a good basis for making such a guess because so too are 98% of all other people.

The “great” agent smith is no more than a coward. Of course this would not apply to you deth!!

But if he’s a coward and I’m him why do you want to play me so bad?  I’m not that good and this guy must really have been something to have all of you all in such a tizzy.  But having no frame of reference with him I am rather bored of discussing him really.  Aren’t you?

• You’re right squad, you are not that good. And neither was smith. He just pretended to be good but then backed down and disappeared when the going got tough on the rare occasion he could muster up the balls to play someone.

• Snort!

Yep, that was AS.  He had his pre-set strats and that overdeveloped use of sim down cold.  The result was a guy would would NEVER touch a game with a renegade (like me), and would not even DREAM of ADS… LL only for him, so that his years of sim analysis would always win…

But with ADS or a rogue player… no such guarantee.  So he would just insult such a player and refuse to play them.  Too much chance within a turn or 2 the game would be so different from his “projections” that his years of simulator research would be worthless, and then he would have to think on the fly.  Against against a few folks here (I like to think of myself as one of them) that could have been disastrous.

I think that, more than anything, is why AS is no longer here.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

LL is very, VERY annoying.

Only in LL can 6 submarines have a 100% chance of beating a Battleship without loss (classic, only game I ever saw him play.)

• Defenatly have to disagree with you there Jennifer. ADS sucks IMO… I prefer LL as well, because it makes the game more strategic and not a game of risk where you just throw 6 as defender and win everything…

I must agree that I have seen him play only twice and both times it was Classic without a bid. So there is not much challenge in winning those games.

Switch how much of your renegade games did you win :S I believe you lost your operation SeaLion game and your power Africa bid… Then you started to play like almost everybody else on this site -> KGF with the shuck shuck tactic… So not a renegade after all… I think AS was IP-banned so he didn’t stop comming here because of certain people. I just have to say that he has his view on the game and so have you and I, what is wrong about that? Because he talked trash to everyone? Then Maddog should be banned as well, because he talks trash as wel… All I have to say that I actually learned some stuff from AS, he had some valid points wich were hidden in all those long posts.

But lets not point fingers here and just have fun… That is why we post here.

• @MADDOGG:

You’re right squad, you are not that good. And neither was smith. He just pretended to be good but then backed down and disappeared when the going got tough on the rare occasion he could muster up the balls to play someone.

But i  am  :-D i would gladly beat you with 2 inf to Manchuria 2 inf to Libya and 3 tanks to E. Europe. for a total of 27 ipc.

Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.

-Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC) Confucius is right I won’t be able to fit you in one you need 2 :lol: .

• Lol MD will cream you :P

I predict:
    Rus strafes down UKR on R1 => leaving 1 arm and 1 fig in ukr. No way you can push on G1 => Bye bye Eur bid
    UK kills Afr force on turn 1. 3 inf and 1 arm (just say you took wol) vs 3 inf, 1 fig and 1 bomb => Bye bye Afr bid
    You can’t spare 2 inf from Eur to invade Egy with…

The Idea alone to waste 15 IPC’s on arms is just funny…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Bashir:

I’ll do you one better.  Let’s play a game where we go with Frood’s highlighted most likely outcome in every battle, based on 5000 rolls!  It’s better then Low Luck and almost completely removes all luck from the game without it being no luck.

• Sure why not. I will play that game with you when you are finished with Avin.

• Bashir…

I lost most of my Classic games (I think I am 2-0 against Maddog, my only Classic wins here).

The point is, I was willing to take risks.  I was willing to put my game where my mouth was, even if my game was not up to teh challenge (as it wasn;t in those strat trials against DM).  Hell I even broke down and took on Ezto in a LL game (I lost) when I swore I would never play LL.  It was the only way to get a game with him (we played 1 each way, he won both).

AS though would NEVER surrender the LL point, not even for one game.  And I am sorry, when you post for that many months and never ONCE step away from your pre-set simulator reviewed and high probabilities tested over years of analysis Low Luck game… well, I think my opinion of such a player is WELL documented in several old threads.

• @Bashir:

Lol MD will cream you :P

I predict:
    Rus strafes down UKR on R1 => leaving 1 arm and 1 fig in ukr. No way you can push on G1 => Bye bye Eur bid
    UK kills Afr force on turn 1. 3 inf and 1 arm (just say you took wol) vs 3 inf, 1 fig and 1 bomb => Bye bye Afr bid
    You can’t spare 2 inf from Eur to invade Egy with…

The Idea alone to waste 15 IPC’s on arms is just funny…

fine i don’t need 2inf in Africa. make it 4tanks in eastern Europe and 2 inf in Manchuria. and then 1 ipc to germany. still 27 ipc but with more tanks. :-D  i rarely use a battle sim. usually only to decide if it would make a difference if i risked my planes to aa’s for a battle.

• You want some more of me Connecticut yankee nonspeller guy? Well I am playing another yankee at the moment and when this game ends, we might play again. Since your’e my favorite yankee, tell ya what I’ll do. I’ll give you a 30 bid next time. Be thinking about where you want to place that extra unit. :-D

• Cyan, place 1 inf Manch and the rest in Europe :D

• And I mean 9 other inf in eur… not 5 tanks and save 2 ipcs…

@ Switch lets drop the whole AS thing… He is not worth it making this much trouble over it…

• Agreed, I was done with it anyway.

• Sorry, when I give a bid that high,4 unit limit per territory,5 unit limit per continent….What do you think that I’ll allow him to place 10 extra inf in ukr and swarm me?

• Would be funny to see :D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m