• Hey IL,

Do you still have this?

• yea sure. It plays great.

• Il,

Did you create this game yourself, or did someone else?

I teach high school American History here in China to some American students, and I have a couple of students who are wanting to create an American Civil War bord game, but they are having trouble with the map and also with finding the initial force amounts and locations (i.e. inital setup) for April 12, 1861.  Can you help them at all with either of these problems? Because we live in China, getting anything from America is quite difficult.  They have already created a battle system, but they are currently stuck on the map and setup.  They have spent a lot time researching on the internet, but they are still coming up empty.

Thanks for any help.

• My game is very well balanced. Email me and ill PDF the rules.

I design all my games completely except for AARHE which was created by 40 people working together.

• IL,

I was wondering if this game can be bought with the pieces as well.  I have looked at your website and must say i am extremely impressed with what you can do.  I wish I could have all the games you create haha.  But anyway just let me know if that is possible because I’ve been looking for a good American Civil War game for some time now.

• Yes i can create a set for you based on the pieces from the pictures. The game includes the wooden tokens and decals for generals BTW.

I have unique Civil War pieces for sale including naval. PM or email me.

• Have you tried using Eagle Games’s ACW pieces with this?  Something about Civil War soldiers in tricorns just doesn’t do it for me, but I’m liking the map…

• Eagle pieces are horrible!

the worst i have ever seen. Best to use pieces from Victory II from Morrison games ( they now offer grey and have blue already)

best option is to buy painted 15mm civil war sets from ebay. You only need about 20 per side, but you need different washers to indicate veteran infantry, plus artillery and cavalry and a few gunboats and ironclads.

• I checked them out and they look interesting, for Napoleonic/ 1st half of the 19th Century games if not for ACW/ 2nd half of the 19th Century (for the latter, I’m looking for kepis, sun-helmets and picklehaubes, not tall shakos…)

What size are they? I’d really like infantry in something close to HO Scale, because I can draw from my vast collection of HO plastics as supplements for “special units”, which is one of the reasons why I’ve collected about everything Eagle made as “base” or “generic” units for most periods.

• well Eagle is not in HO 1/87 scale nor 1/72 scale… its quite larger and they are in fact different scales.

Viktory II pieces are about 1/87 scale.

Its not relevant about the accouterments because the utility of the pieces more than compensates for the minor details.

If you want accuracy its best to just buy 15MM and paint professionally. Plus with these pieces you have Napoleonic set.

Your beginning to sound like Timerover BTW.

• Who’s Timerover?  (Is that bad?)

A.

• LOL!

not really. nevermind.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m