G40 Victory Objectives & Victory Tokens

• Sponsor

Victory Objectives & Victory Tokens

Once a victory objective is achieved, a victory token will be awarded. The side with the most victory tokens at the end of the day wins the game. Victory tokens are awarded immediately upon completion regardless of when, or how the objective was achieved, and a win or a tie can only be declared at the end of a full game round.

Here is a list of all the available victory objectives for each side.

Axis Powers

• Washington
      The Axis control Washington

• London
      The Axis control London

• Moscow
      The Axis control Moscow

• Calcutta
      The Axis control Calcutta

• Sydney
      The Axis control Sydney

• North Africa
      The Axis control Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, Alexandria, and Egypt.

• Pacific Supremacy
      The Axis control 6 victory cities on the Pacific map

• Europe Supremacy
      The Axis control 7 victory cities on the Europe map

• World Economy
      All 3 Axis powers have a combined total of 136 IPCs on the income tracker

Allied Powers

• Berlin
      The Allies control Berlin

• Rome
      The Allies control Rome

• Tokyo
      The Allies control Tokyo

• Africa
      There are no Axis land units on the continent of Africa

• Paris Liberation
      The Allies have liberated Paris

• Philippines Liberation
      The Allies have liberated the Philippines

• China Liberation
      The Allies have liberated all Chinese original territories

• Pacific Supremacy
      There are no Japanese Capital ships on the board

• Atlantic Supremacy
      Italy and Germany have no warships on the board

IMG_2170.jpg

• '14

Really like this Idea!!! Gives players direct and definite objectives while still being able to keep/play their own game. Excellent!!!

• Sponsor

@wartorn:

Really like this Idea!!! Gives players direct and definite objectives while still being able to keep/play their own game. Excellent!!!

Thanks WT, it needs a few small modifications, but I like this system better as well.

• '17 '16

@wartorn:

I agree +1.
    It is very original.
    It can open up many minds in various directions.

At least, Allies get clear positive objectives.

• Sponsor

@Baron:

@wartorn:

I agree +1.
    It is very original.
    It can open up many minds in various directions.

At least, Allies get clear positive objectives.

Thanks BM, appreciate the comments… we’re gonna play test it this Saturday. Any ideas for improvement?

• '17 '16

As soon as a victory objective is achieved, a medalion token will be awarded. The side with the most medalion tokens at the end of the day wins the game. Here is a list of the available victory objectives for each side, remember, the objective need only be achieved, and not held in order to receive a token.

The only idea I come with for now is that you should receive 2 medalions per achievement, and give up 1 medalion token if the objective is not held.

And, after, if the victory objective is finally achieved once and for all, you return to the 1 token given up earlier.

• '17 '16 '15

Should be a fun playtest! Will be interesting to see how/if it effects strategy.

Maybe Washington, London and Sydney should be worth two medallions and Berlin, Rome and Tokyo as well.
    They seem as if they would be harder to achieve.

Anyway have fun and let us know how it goes :)

• Sponsor

As the list stands right now, I believe the Axis have slightly easier objectives overall than the Allies. If we reward 2 tokens per capital, or an extra token for holding the objective at the end of the game… I believe that this would only increase the profit margin for the Axis making it even more difficult for the Allies to win.

What do you guys think?

• '17 '16

@Young:

As the list stands right now, I believe the Axis have slightly easier objectives overall than the Allies. If we reward 2 tokens per capital, or an extra token for holding the objective at the end of the game… I believe that this would only increase the profit margin for the Axis making it even more difficult for the Allies to win.

What do you guys think?

You caught me with your additional token if the objective is hold at the end of the game.
    It takes me time to see that it was the same reward but applied in a simpler fashion.

If you feel it is easier for Axis than Allies to keep the high hand on an objective.

Maybe you can give a ratio of 2/3 for reaching vs 1/3 for keeping an objective.
    Gives 2 tokens for reaching an objective.
    Gives 1 more token for holding the objective at the end.

In essence, you can give separate values for these twos kinds of achievement.

• '17 '16

• Naval supremacy
      There are no Axis Capital ships on the board

Easy to prevent this to happen in a gamey way for Axis. Just built one BB or Carrier at the last moment.

Maybe, it should be about naval presence in a specific Ocean.
    Example: no Axis naval Units in South or North Atlantic.
    For Asian side, it could be about Axis presence in Indian Ocean.
    IDK.

• '14

Im looking forward to trying this out. Great thoughts and implementation YG!!!

• '14

@Baron:

• Naval supremacy

Easy to prevent this to happen in a gamey way for Axis. Just built one BB or Carrier at the last moment.

Maybe, it should be about naval presence in a specific Ocean.
    Example: no Axis naval Units in South or North Atlantic.
    For Asian side, it could be about Axis presence in Indian Ocean.
    IDK.

Could make it that he ship cant be next to an industrial complex

• Sponsor

Naval Supremacy is a difficult objective to gain for sure, but not impossible. Remember, the token is awarded as soon as the objective is achieved, therefore… once the Allies destroy the last Axis capital ship on the board, they will immediately receive the victory token, it might be too late for Japan to get a Battleship on the board. I was trying to reward the Allies if they spend a lot of resources on the sea, but I also wanted to keep the objective simple. IDK.

• '14

@Young:

Naval Supremacy is a difficult objective to gain for sure, but not impossible. Remember, the token is awarded as soon as the objective is achieved, therefore… once the Allies destroy the last Axis capital ship on the board, they will immediately receive the victory token, it might be too late for Japan to get a Battleship on the board. I was trying to reward the Allies if they spend a lot of resources on the sea, but I also wanted to keep the objective simple. IDK.

Right, the token is awarded on completion. Its not about retaining the supremacy. These are a perfect start, but to me, perfect altogether. Again, great work YG. Well thought out!!!

• '17 '16

@Young:

Nonetheless, I would probably split it in half according to the 2 maps.
    It will increase the possibility of reaching one target and not the other for Allies.

It can be a total annihilation of German’s and Italy’s fleet in Europe Map.
    And
    No Axis Capital Warships on Pacific Map.

It is up to you.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Very well done YG, these add even more historical flavor to the game.

• '17 '16

@Young:

Victory Objectives & Victory Tokens

As soon as a victory objective is achieved, a victory token will be awarded. The side with the most victory tokens at the end of the day wins the game. Here is a list of the available victory objectives for each side, remember, the objective need only be achieved, and not held in order to receive a token.

Axis Powers

• Washington
      The Axis control Washington

• London
      The Axis control London

• Moscow
      The Axis control Moscow

• Calcutta
      The Axis control Calcutta

• Sydney
      The Axis control Sydney

- North Africa
    The Axis control Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Libya, Tobruk, Alexandria, and Egypt.

• China
      The Axis control all Chinese original territories

- San Francisco
    The Axis have at least 1 warship in sea zone 10

• Economic supremacy
      The Axis have a collective total of 140 IPCs on the income tracker
      Allied Powers

• Berlin
      The Allies control Berlin

• Rome
      The Allies control Rome

• Tokyo
      The Allies control Tokyo

• Paris liberation
      The Allies have liberated Paris

- Africa
    There are no Axis land units on the continent of Africa

• Philippines liberation
      The Allies have liberated the Philippines

- Strategic Bombing Campaign
    The Allies have delivered maximum damage to the Major IC on either Berlin or Tokyo

• China liberation

- Naval supremacy

You probably need some cards to remind during the game to all players the less obvious objectives.
    I bolded the one I feel less obvious which probably need player’s help and more emphasis.
    Both sides have to keep in mind the other side objectives, when planing strategy, they are not all as simple as:

• China
      The Axis control all Chinese original territories
      against
    • China liberation
  • Sponsor

@General:

Very well done YG, these add even more historical flavor to the game.

Thanks GV, the “historical flavor” would definitely be another + to using this house rule.

• Sponsor

Thanks BM, I agree about the cards… I would like to hold off from printing my new national objective card deck if it means that I can add cards for these victory objectives. A list of all victory objectives for each side would need to be available for each player, the idea of blocking enemy objectives will no doubt be part of overall strategy conversations. When I think about how teammates will strategize and plot to get these objectives, I get excited for all the posibilities. What if both the Axis and Allied powers plan to go for their African objectives? every decision is secret, so there should be an aura of suspicion in the room for tomorrow’s game. Also, I find with this rule, the Axis will go for the same old strategies, but it’s now fun to play the Allies going after clear goals.

BTW, I’m thinking about changing naval suremacy to read: there are no Japanese capital ships on the board.

My only worry is that the clear choice for the US would be to operate solely in the Pacific, where I prefer the level of involvment on each side to be a tougher choice.

more to follow…

• '17 '16 '15

Good Action YG!

It’s definitely a lot of fun creating new ways to play the game!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m