John Brown's 96x48 Global 1940 Waterproof Metal Map

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Here is my Global 1940 Metal Map that I finally had done and got today. I hope the pictures turned out alright. This will be my second attempt to ever post pictures. I hope you enjoy them. If these turn out alright, I will place all my newly painted pieces in their starting area as Spitfire38 sends them. When both maps are put together it is 96x48, but when apart, they are 48x48.:-D

112.JPG

Pacific Side of Map.

113.JPG

It is not letting me put any more pictures. It says the file is too large. How do you put more pictures? Do you have to wait for someone else to post? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Japan, showing Kamikaze symbols. :-D

116.JPG

I think I’m figuring this out. Trial by error, right?

LOL :-D

The next picture will be a close up of Italy’s true roundels. :-D

Well, I thought I had this figured out. :-(

• @John:

It is not letting me put any more pictures. It says the file is too large. How do you put more pictures? Do you have to wait for someone else to post? Any help would be appreciated.

Great-looking map!

The maximum number of pictures you can attach is two per post, and the maximum allowable size of each attachment is 1,563 KB.  If any if your pictures are over this limit, try pasting them into Microsoft Paint, shrinking them, then re-saving them under a new name.

@CWO:

@John:

Great-looking map!

The maximum number of pictures you can attach is two per post, and the maximum allowable size of each attachment is 1,563 KB.  If any if your pictures are over this limit, try pasting them into Microsoft Paint, shrinking them, then re-saving them under a new name.

Thanks Marc, I may have to try that tonight, after work. Thanks for the tip. :-)

• '16 Customizer

@CWO:

@John:

Great-looking map!

The maximum number of pictures you can attach is two per post, and the maximum allowable size of each attachment is 1,563 KB.  If any if your pictures are over this limit, try pasting them into Microsoft Paint, shrinking them, then re-saving them under a new name.

This will also make it easier to see the entire image without having to scroll from left to right and up and down.

Very nice map! I was not aware that this was in the works. I’m excited to see it with some pieces.

@Spitfire38:

@CWO:

@John:

Great-looking map!

The maximum number of pictures you can attach is two per post, and the maximum allowable size of each attachment is 1,563 KB. � If any if your pictures are over this limit, try pasting them into Microsoft Paint, shrinking them, then re-saving them under a new name.

This will also make it easier to see the entire image without having to scroll from left to right and up and down.

Very nice map! I was not aware that this was in the works. I’m excited to see it with some pieces.

I wanted something worthy of your painted pieces, LOL. :-)

There is a story about this map, and it started in May, before you started painting my pieces. I never mentioned it to you, because to be honest, I didn’t think I was ever going to get it.

She told me it would be done in July, well I didn’t get it till yesterday. She thought it could easily be done, and got in way over her head. I found out she had never done one before, but she convinced me she could do it, which that is where I made a mistake.

I should have taken it, somewhere else. If I had, they probably could have eliminated the board creases that she couldn’t get rid of with her program.

I noticed other people’s maps, don’t have those creases, but mine does. So that tells me, it could be done, but despite that, she did everything else I asked her, and to be honest, I’ve been ready for it, for a longtime.

I could have taken somewhere else and got my money back, but I would have had to start the whole process over, and I’m to impatient, so I decided to accept the creases.

Other than that, I really love it. It is huge, LOL.

I’m just glad to finally have it.

I’m glad you guys like it. :-D

Here is the close up picture of Italy, I promised. You will also notice the bold white convoy zones, Enjoy! :-D

Italy Close Up.jpg

As promised, here are some pictures with my newly painted Japanese set, by none other than Spitfire38, on my brand new map.

Enjoy!

Suddenly a storm comes from the east, a thunder of heavy machinery and boots marching on ancient shores, and the eerie sound of hundreds of planes screaming in the skies above, Japan has invaded China.

What happens next?

Stay tuned for more broadcasts. :-D

Japan Invades China 001.JPG
    Japan Invades China 002.JPG

More pictures! :-D

Japan Invades China 003.JPG
    Japan Invades China 004.JPG

And more pictures! :-D

Japan Invades China 005.JPG
    Japan Invades China 006.JPG

Here are the last two pictures. I hope you all enjoy them. Stay tune for the next painted set. Over and out! :-D

Japan Invades China 007.JPG
    Japan Invades China 008.JPG

• '17 '16 '15

Way Cool!

You have tons of room for dudes! The game pieces are Badass!

@barney:

Way Cool!

You have tons of room for dudes! The game pieces are Badass!

Thanks barney! If you go to the second page under customs, Spitfire38 has a thread on my whole Japanese set. Check it out!

Thanks again for the compliments. :-D

• '16 Customizer

Very cool! Since the Chinese and ANZAC will be done next, you’ll have something to face off against the Japanese.

@Spitfire38:

Very cool! Since the Chinese and ANZAC will be done next, you’ll have something to face off against the Japanese.

Yes, the board will look better, when the Chinese troops, realize the Japanese have landed on their shores, so Anzac be prepared, the UK is feeling the pressure. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m