• '18 '17 '16

What will be the final size please

Make a suggestion, what size would you like to have (mm x mm)? Please bear in mind, that another size of the map should keep the proportionality of lenght and width of the actual map.

• The actual size is size: 1625mm x 863mm; i think 1500 mm x ? mm (don’t know how to calculate) would be great, keeping the proportionality.

• '18 '17 '16

1500mm? Hm, there is hardly a difference in comparison to the 1625mm x 863mm size. What do you think of roundabout 1200mm x 600mm? This is far more than the OOB size (830mm x 450mm), provides a lot of space for the (few…) units and would fit a normal table size (width/depth 60 cm).

• '18 '17 '16

For a 600mm width, the length would be 1129mm.
    For a 700mm width, the length would be 1317mm.

• '18 '17 '16

Three sizes will be uploaded:
    600mm width, length 1129mm.
    700mm width, length 1317mm.
    863mm width, length 1625mm.

• '18 '17 '16

Final map 1941, size 600mm x 1229mm (ca, 50 MB).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/xb7v0evwmi3jey3/1941-triple_border_width_600.pdf

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO CHECK THE MAP PRIOR PRINTING!

• '18 '17 '16

Final map 1941, size 700mm x 1317mm (ca, 50 MB).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/k3z1hsl5fbo7du5/1941-triple_border_width_700.pdf

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO CHECK THE MAP PRIOR PRINTING!

• Thanks a lot. I know this is a hard work and i think people could at least say a little “thanks” that costs nothing.
    I’m gonna check the maps next week (actually i can just go on the internet in the week-ends for a fex weeks, but not during the week) and see what version i will print.
    Thanks, again. Really. You rule !!  :-)

• '18 '17 '16

Thanks a lot. I know this is a hard work and i think people could at least say a little “thanks” that costs nothing.
    I’m gonna check the maps next week (actually i can just go on the internet in the week-ends for a fex weeks, but not during the week) and see what version i will print

Please will you tell me , if you are satisfied concerning the size. If the larger map is too small for you, I will prepare a larger one for you.

…and thank you for the feedback, nice to know, that there are people outside, who realise what a lot of work a map is to do.

• Doesn’t work for me _ I’ve tried several different versions and it just downloads a blank page every time

• '18 '17 '16

Doesn’t work for me _ I’ve tried several different versions and it just downloads a blank page every time

try the following:

1. click on the link, mediafire starts a download
    2. interrupt the download by clicking on the upper right button with the caption “download” (see graphic below)
    3. a window opens with specifications for the download (see second graphic below)
    4. click on download.

Download button.jpg
    Download mediafire.jpg

• Tried that too: it appears to download successfully but when I open it all I get is a white page :?

• damm it .

save the file to desktop and open it from there. Stop trying to view the file from the site, that will never work

• Got it.  The 30mb file is too big for Foxit reader to handle - that was the problem :-P

• @dedo:

1500mm? Hm, there is hardly a difference in comparison to the 1625mm x 863mm size. What do you think of roundabout 1200mm x 600mm? This is far more than the OOB size (830mm x 450mm), provides a lot of space for the (few…) units and would fit a normal table size (width/depth 60 cm).

I understand, i never played 1941 yet, because i always want a larger map (hate to use the plastic chips, i bought two copies of 1942 V1 which is cheap to have more tanks an infantry)
    But maybe you’re right, perhaps 1941 uses a lot less minis so the 600 ou 700 size could be a good idea. I just hope i will have enough room on the map not to use the plastic grey/green/red chips.
    Just tell me what you think about it please.  :wink:

• '18 '17 '16

If the focus is to play without chips, then any map will be too small given a stack in England. Any other territory should work with the utmost probability but I must admit, I never played the supersized maps for 1941. After all, you’ve got less units, less seazones and less territories in comparison to 1942 but the same map size. This means, that any seazone or territory is much bigger on average than in 1942. Your special concern, not to play with chips, may thwart the idea to use a smaller map.

• Ok Dedo, i spent some time checking the 1941 and 1942 2ed maps. I will reply in the right section for 1942 2ed.
    So, what i noticed concerning the 1941 map :

• The most schocking is the german insigna : there is some red missing up and down which gives them a weird/unifinished look. (and under the title of the game too)
    • East Mexico, not East Mexiko, and Mexico, not Mexiko
    • “Panama Canal” and “Suez Canal” are missing
    • The starting IPC for the US is 17 and 15 on the original map (there may be an errata, i di not check)
    • The original map says Washington D.C. instead of Washington
    • There is a missing slash between Normay and Finland.
    • speaking about the slashes (ex : Span/portugal), i thonk they are too thin.
    • The drawing on Sea zone 43 & 44 has a problem of transparency if you look closely (the other drawings do not have this problem)
    • Sea zone 39 : this is written Wake instead of Wake Island
    • The japanese insigna for Okinawa soudn’t be on sea zone 45 but in sea zone 38 (that can lead to a confusion)
    • On the mobiization zone, “UNIT STATS” is missing if compared with the original. Stas are ok, even not given in the same order (i personnally prefer yours)
    • I hope there will be a double border version on this one, i’m not a fan of triple borders  :wink:

Hope that helps

Phil

I won’t have accesss to the internet until friday.

• '18 '17 '16

Thank you very much for your time spent on the maps! In the course of this evening I have a date, so I can’t work long on the map.

• The most schocking is the german insigna : there is some red missing up and down which gives them a weird/unifinished look. (and under the title of the game too)

When I take a look at the pdf at 100% or 200% I can’t see any difference, the symbols are all the same. Can you make a snapshot? I assume, that some of your (wide?) screen solutions aren’t matching.

East Mexico, not East Mexiko, and Mexico, not Mexiko

Fixed, my fault, german spelling….

“Panama Canal” and “Suez Canal” are missing

Fixed. At first I resigned these due to space on the map.

The starting IPC for the US is 17 and 15 on the original map (there may be an errata, i di not check)

Mistake in OOB, already fixed by author. Correct IPC count is 17.

The original map says Washington D.C. instead of Washington

Fixed, …eagle eyes.

There is a missing slash between Normay and Finland.

Looks awful, voluntarily omitted.

speaking about the slashes (ex : Span/portugal), i thonk they are too thin

Fixed.

The drawing on Sea zone 43 & 44 has a problem of transparency if you look closely (the other drawings do not have this problem

Hmm, depends on the background of the graphic, has to be whited out more…needs some tries, I assume.

Sea zone 39 : this is written Wake instead of Wake Island

Fixed.

The japanese insigna for Okinawa shouldn’t be on sea zone 45 but in sea zone 38 (that can lead to a confusion)

Fixed.

On the mobiization zone, “UNIT STATS” is missing if compared with the original. Stats are ok, even not given in the same order (i personnally prefer yours)

The mob zone is completely designed by myself as the IPC chart is. Due to asthetic reasons I omitted “unit stats”.

I hope there will be a double border version on this one, i’m not a fan of triple borders

There is going to be a double border version, at least as a reinforcement for your engagement.

I will upload new maps as soon as there is a clarification of the “german-insignia-thing”.

• Thanks to you. It only took me one or two hours to check all the things, nothing compared to your work.  :wink:
    Can’t wait for thr final version !
    For the german insigna, i will upload a snapshot. I won’t be out without internet like the last three weeks, so i will be able to reply faster  :-)

• '18 '17 '16

Map 1941, double border, 1129x600mm.

• seazone and territory border topology checked again
    • background graphic adapted
    • all other mentioned items corrected/improved

Hopefully final version:
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/c39g73nzk5n696h/1941-double_border_1129x600mm.pdf

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m