Narnia… really bad movie as well.

• It was like watching a video game. Choppy plot. Computer graphics were crap. Some cheese-dick acting. A cheap cheap cheap version of LOTR or Harry Potter.

• I love that song " the cronic of narnia" is it on the soundtrack? They played it on SNL 2 months ago.

It was a kid-kid movie dude… That means their is going to be a choppy plot… :wink:

btw out of curiosity what made you interested in watching it?

GG

• My buddy and I hit up flee markets in Oakland. You can buy dvd rip offs for next to nothing. So we bought all the currently showing movies and been watching them one after the other. Narnia somehow found its way into the stack and since, I never read the book, I figured I’d check it out anyway. Halfway through the movie, I realized I wasn’t the target audience. But Harry Potter was still fun to watch, and I am not the target audience on that either.

Yep… you are definitely not the target crowd…

I actually enjoyed it but I must say I had a biased based off of watching the first series produced by the BBC; so I was glad that they got something better out…

GG

• I was really dissapointed as well. I figured it would be something like Lord of the Rings, but no.

• I never saw the BBC versions, knowing they’d suck, but I’ve read the books countless times, and liked them. Though the movie wasn’t a perfect representation of the book, it was pretty darn close; I liked it.

• I have to say that I simply had no desrie to see it, and have not done so.

I grew up on Tolkein and LOVED LOTR.  But Lewis…  too darn Christian for me.

• http://www.youtube.com/w/SNL–-The-Chronic-of-Narnia-Rap?v=zLElfJ9YCh0&search=the%20cronic%20of%20narnia

I thought you people were talking about this… Anyway im sure this is better than that lame movie.

• Tolkien is my idol. :mrgreen: I hate every outher fantasy stories because they cant compare to his.

agreed… but I think Peter Jackson made it your idol :wink: (I haven’t read the books, but seen the movies…) Another thing is if you try to compare it to Lewis, he wrote for specific purposes, mainly christian doctrine, not a typical good vs. evil which you can usually find in any fantasy story. A really interesting read is His Science Fiction Trilogy…

GG

• Like GG said; the Narnia books were vaguely concealed Christian parables (for lack of a better word). The Tolkien books were much more oriented towards just a fantasy series, and creating another world. On the other hand, the Space Trilogy are all excellent reads (confession; I never finished the third :oops: ), and much more oriented towards the typical sci-fi/fantasy reader.

• Actually, WW1 is the underlying theme of Lord of The Rings. Tolkiens life was interrupted by war, but he knew what he had to do, and saw it through, much like Frodo did.

• Actually, it was WWII.

The first “War of the Ring”, the one where Isildur cut the ring from Sauron’s hand, was losely WW1, with the events of LOTR being WWII.

It is a loose comparison, but one based on Tolkein’s own statements.

• I always figured the Hobbit was a parallel of WW1 while the trilogy was a parallel of WW2. Tolkien fought in WW1, so he can be compared to Bilbo, while his family most certainly had some part in WW2 even though he didnt.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m