Very fun new axis strategy. Germany takes india

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Germany taking India was a classic strategy in the classic edition.  The difference there was of course the amount of spaces from Germany to India: 5.  Now its like 11, depending.

In G40 India is weak.  I’ve never seen India hold against a concerted Japanese thrust.  I think sending the Germans on such a wild diversion would probably be too costly in that it would allow the USSR and other allies time to pile on in Western and eastern Europe.

• I think your right Karl, most of Europe would probably fall to the allies, but could the Germans hold Berlin long enough for the Pac win? It can even be difficult for the Japanese to drop India with everything they have at their disposal, so could the Germans do it turn 6,7 or 8? I do like to explore different paths though (keeps the game fresh). Some off the wall strat can be a lot of fun compared to the old basic full blown Barbarossa etc… You may not win, but hey you got them back peddling for a few turns, and almost pulled it off. The only thing at stake is who supplies the beer for the next game, and I own a Party Store  :-D

• TripleA

Once australia is lost, liberating it with usa rarely if ever happens. I have lost sydney as USA before and I have taken it as Japan before. What happens is the americans convoy japan and work on other vcs. It is too easy to defend australia with Japan. 1) lots of air to park 2) 3 inf a turn.

So yes you want to rush a convoy on Japan so you can take back the other vcs within 2-3 spaces from japan seazone (there are 3).

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

For the record, and I didnt read everyone’s post so dont yell at me if I am repeating you, but Japan need not worry about protecting their new transports purchased on round one.  There is literally nothing that can possibly hit them in any direction or manner.

Other that that, I am wondering what the point is on taking India with Germany.  Other than the “cool…” factor of course.

• TripleA

Jen, I can’t recall anyone talking about defending japan transports… You do need to defend round 1 transport buys if you DOW J1, just takes a couple destroyers and 3 fighters…

The point of getting it with germany is so that Japan can get Hawaii or Sydney and claim a pacific VC win quickly.

The blatantly obvious flaws have been pointed out so far. Russians attack germans after they land in caucasus… that was the big flaw.

I prefer to convoy East USA with germany… just my preference if I am going all out for the pacific win.

Go back and reread the opening post, he talked about splitting the Japanese fleet up round 1 to protect the 3 new transports.  Can’t remember if he said to DOW J1, but I don’t think he did.

Okay, diverting attention so that Japan can focus Australia makes some sense, but it’s not that easy.  Too easy for the United States to run down some warships, planes and ground troops, and move them back up to Hawaii.  You need more subterfuge - or at least when I win in the Pacific (which is darn close to the only time I win with the Axis lately) I need to be sneaky and sleazy and underhanded to do it.

• TripleA

Why do you have such a hard time winning with the axis? It is so easy.

I must only play the best allied players then.  Of course, it could also be that I hate doing what everyone else does so I do new stuff.

• TripleA

Yeah I don’t always do sea lion feign armor/mech take russia round 6-8 and J1 DOW. Sometimes I J2 DOW. Sometimes I go through with sea lion. Sometimes I convoy East USA with Germany and go all out for the pacific win.

You just need to have a plan for how you are going to obtain a VC win. There are only so many VCs so strategies are somewhat limited in that sense.

The intention of this strategy is to secure a fast pacific win in under 10 rounds. It is much like the convoy east usa strategy.

I would consider this “new stuff.” I prefer the term “fun strategy.” If I only cared about winning with the least amount of risk sign me up for sea lion feign to barb and J1 or J2 DOW.

• @Cmdr:

Other that that, I am wondering what the point is on taking India with Germany.  Other than the “cool…” factor of course.

I didn’t see the time frame that Germany intends to take India, but I would surmise that its a ploy to allow Japan to fry other fish in the Pacific for an Axis win in the Pacific?

Although if the German Air Force is anywhere other than in Europe I’d presume the US would make full investments into the Pacific to prevent the Axis win in the Pacific.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m