• @Yavid:

The only problem with my system is that it completely discourages Russia from attacking. So maybe they should gain points for taking tt also.

Well it sorta encourages attacking because of the income, but 5 ipc for 1 point when losing 1 inf is -1 is a pretty big deterrent lol.

• with my system Russia would need something to encourage attacking

• You’re posting as though someone’s idea to include a feature in a game that was in the historical time period the game covers and is closely related to a feature we KNOW will be in the game (some form of revolution) has no business being in the thread.

Stop declaring things to be off-topic and only for other games simply because you don’t like the idea. I know you freak out anytime anyone else’s ideas deviate from your own and might possibly threaten your picture perfect games in la-la land, but its time to realize that there are plenty of people other than Imperious Leader who might be right about what can be historically appropriate, or fun, or good for the game.

You’re posting as though your still pissed off from the nonsense you created earlier in another thread. You should probably take it on the chin a second time? Stop being the defender of imaginary issues. nobody HAD ANY PROBLEMS in this thread until you should up again. My opinions are obviously too much for you to handle, so take a chill pill. You remind me of a child who likes to smell his own farts to make sure they still stink.

• '16

Pardon me, but what does a Russian revolution have to do with minor powers?

• @ch0senfktard:

Pardon me, but what does a Russian revolution have to do with minor powers?

When Mother Russia cracked up it left the Reds,Whites & Greens to sort it out.They in
    a sense became minor powers.The discussion seems to about how these should or
    should not be represented in a WWI Game.

OD

• @Old:

When Mother Russia cracked up it left the Reds,Whites & Greens to sort it out.They in
    a sense became minor powers.The discussion seems to about how these should or
    should not be represented in a WWI Game.

OD

Kind of what the Chinese did in WWII, but A&A Pacific 1940 dont go there. I figure the rule may be something like when Russia lose, as in the Revolution start, all Russian units will be removed from the map and all Russian territories will be treated as impassable. I cant see no other way.

• @Imperious:

You’re posting as though someone’s idea to include a feature in a game that was in the historical time period the game covers and is closely related to a feature we KNOW will be in the game (some form of revolution) has no business being in the thread.

Stop declaring things to be off-topic and only for other games simply because you don’t like the idea. I know you freak out anytime anyone else’s ideas deviate from your own and might possibly threaten your picture perfect games in la-la land, but its time to realize that there are plenty of people other than Imperious Leader who might be right about what can be historically appropriate, or fun, or good for the game.

You’re posting as though your still pissed off from the nonsense you created earlier in another thread. You should probably take it on the chin a second time? Stop being the defender of imaginary issues. nobody HAD ANY PROBLEMS in this thread until you should up again. My opinions are obviously too much for you to handle, so take a chill pill. You remind me of a child who likes to smell his own farts to make sure they still stink.

I have only seen your garbage for a short time but it’s becoming easy to define what is classic IL behavior. You make heavy-handed assertions about what is allowed in the game and in the thread and then blame somebody else for creating problems when they disagree that you should be able to dictate whatever you want about whatever you want simply because you spam up the forums with over 10,000 posts and once created some game that allegedly settled once and for all what works in a WWI game.

If you think something is off-topic report it to a mod or something, but don’t pretend its off-topic because you don’t like the idea and expect everyone to go along with that. You are a bully who should really make his own site where you and each of your infantry pieces can have an account an you can post an idea and have each of them log on in turn telling you how great the idea is and how you were the first person to ever think of it and how they have you to thank for there being a WWI game and how everything you do is the only possible right way it can be done. Most everyone would be a lot better off.

• @Imperious:

The purpose of the Red pieces is to fight the “loyal” Russian pieces to stop them reopening the Eastern Front.

The purpose of Russian Revolution is to take Russia out of the game, and not have them fight some other battles that belong to another game as a comic sideshow.

It’s hilarious to be accused of being the one causing problems when you are the one posting like this.

Not only do you declare what the purpose of the Revolution IS <waits for=“” some=“” garbage=“” about=“” how=“” that’s=“” only=“” an=“” opinion,=“” etc.,=“” etc.=“”>, you declare that somone else’s idea is a “comic sideshow” and that it “belong(s) to another game,” even though he clearly showed that this event that he would be representing occured during the war the game is about, and had bearing on Germany’s eastern front of that war.

I’m not too keen on the idea, but to act like the idea’s implementation will fly against the only possible Russian Revolution mechanic, make the game “comic” and will destroy it as representing a World War I scenario is ludicrous.</waits>

• You make heavy-handed assertions about what is allowed in the game and in the thread and then blame somebody else for creating problems when they disagree that you should be able to dictate whatever you want about whatever you want simply because you spam up the forums with over 10,000 posts and once created some game that allegedly settled once and for all what works in a WWI game.

I don’t blame “somebody else” , I blame you. Look at the gibberish you’re posting: You just hijacked this thread because you are angry. Everybody was happy before you showed up and now we got a dog with rabies posting again after he took a hiatus. Look at your posts…. 110 out of 115 are these foaming at the mouth posts, leaving only 5 posts where you contribute your own ideas…seems like you the bloke with the spam issues.

If you think something is off-topic report it to a mod or something, but don’t pretend its off-topic because you don’t like the idea and expect everyone to go along with that.

What is off topic is you, when you come out of the blue and respond to me for imaginary gibberish. You obviously cant deal with me so just go away because it’s too much for your sensibilities.

• It’s hilarious to be accused of being the one causing problems when you are the one posting like this.

Nobody else is bothered but you. Consider that source. You wont.

Not only do you declare what the purpose of the Revolution IS <waits for=“” some=“” garbage=“” about=“” how=“” that’s=“” only=“” an=“” opinion,=“” etc.,=“” etc.=“”>, you declare that somone else’s idea is a “comic sideshow” and that it “belong(s) to another game,” even though he clearly showed that this event that he would be representing occured during the war the game is about, and had bearing on Germany’s eastern front of that war.</waits>

Reading into it a bit much eh? This HE is not bothered at all, so why don’t you shut up and stop hijacking the thread again?

I’m not too keen on the idea, but to act like the idea’s implementation will fly against the only possible Russian Revolution mechanic, make the game “comic” and will destroy it as representing a World War I scenario is ludicrous.

Yep reading into it a bit much confirmed.

BTW This sentence has nothing to do with any poster:

“The purpose of Russian Revolution is to take Russia out of the game, and not have them fight some other battles that belong to another game as a comic sideshow.”

it says nothing to the effect that somebody else’s idea is a “comic sideshow”

I understand your grasping at straws, but this is typical for you.

• @Imperious:

BTW This sentence has nothing to do with any poster:

“The purpose of Russian Revolution is to take Russia out of the game, and not have them fight some other battles that belong to another game as a comic sideshow.”

it says nothing to the effect that somebody else’s idea is a “comic sideshow”

rofl. Look at the original post in context, liar:

@Imperious:

The purpose of the Red pieces is to fight the “loyal” Russian pieces to stop them reopening the Eastern Front.

The purpose of Russian Revolution is to take Russia out of the game, and not have them fight some other battles that belong to another game as a comic sideshow.

World War 1 was also the continuing the Franco-Prussian war, but we don’t need to fight that twice either.

The quote you directly responded to and partially quoted in your own response was a statement about the Russians breaking down into what would be minor powers. You are clearly stating the idea to have reds and whites fighting each other is a comic sideshow to the World War I game. If you were somehow trying to communicate anything else, communication in written English is clearly above your level of capability, and you should probably not post anymore as you are unqualified.

Here is a decent recipe for crow, which you will probably need:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1752,152180-242206,00.html

Bacon, onion, and sauerkraut can make most any bird palatable.

• rofl. Look at the original post in context, liar:

I have decided that you are the comic sideshow. An entire membership who’s only purpose is to sidetrack threads with 110 posts of reply’s to Imperious Leader. You must be some sock puppet account.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxhuUdZzGYw

The quote you directly responded to and partially quoted in your own response was a statement about the Russians breaking down into what would be minor powers. You are clearly stating the idea to have reds and whites fighting each other is a comic sideshow to the World War I game. If you were somehow trying to communicate anything else, communication in written English is clearly above your level of capability, and you should probably not post anymore as you are unqualified.

You moron. You can’t even keep your own reasons for rebuttal straight. You made the comment that i was somehow ridiculing another posters idea. Rather, i stated that having another war fought on the same map would be a comic sideshow and that does not mean in any form that flashman’s idea is a comic sideshow. It could work in it’s own game, just not in larry’s you moron.

• My little friend will now respond to you…

Unless you’re a newly hatched pod person you already know that information about vonLettowVorbeck1914’s condescending subliminal psywar campaigns is there for those who seek it. But let me add that as vonLettowVorbeck1914 feels less and less need to conceal its reinterpretations of historic events, it makes increasingly open moves towards sexist, improvident anti-intellectualism. Let’s get down to business: The facts as I see them simply do not support the false but widely accepted notion that ebola, AIDS, mad-cow disease, and the hantavirus were intentionally bioengineered by stupid spongers for the purpose of population reduction. For proof of this ongoing tragedy one has only to realize that whenever someone accuses vonLettowVorbeck1914 of oppressing, segregating, and punishing others, its one-size-fits-all response is that the majority of insincere pontificators are heroes, if not saints. This galimatias should make you realize that the online disinhibition effect perfectly explains why vonLettowVorbeck1914 is so keen to tell everyone that it is an institution of morality, achievements, and noble qualities, one that often sacrifices its own reputation or safety in order to pursue that which is right and those things that truly matter. No joke. I have frequently criticized vonLettowVorbeck1914’s unspoken plan to spam the Internet with unsolicited malevolent e-mail. It usually addresses my criticisms by accusing me of neocolonialism, plagiarism, child molestation, and halitosis. VonLettowVorbeck1914 hopes that by delegitimizing me this way, no one will listen to me when I say that vonLettowVorbeck1914 writes a lot of long statements that mean practically nothing. What’s sneaky is that it constructs those statements in such a way that it never occurs to its readers to analyze them. Analysis would almost certainly indicate that vonLettowVorbeck1914 keeps saying that it is a refined organization with the soundest ethics and morals you can imagine. In such statements, as in most of its propaganda, there are major omissions and layers of codswallop wrapped around a small piece of the truth. The real story is that there is no place in this country where we are safe from vonLettowVorbeck1914’s hired goons, no place where we are not targeted for hatred and attack. As I have tried to show in this letter, much can be learned about vonLettowVorbeck1914 by understanding loopy classism. As long as you remember that, we may yet be able to transform our culture of war and violence into a culture of peace and nonviolence.

• Can their not be peace in our time?

Take this arguing, the house rules, all the stuff that doesn’t belong in this thread, and move it somewhere else. For this is a place of geekness, where geeks come to geek out about our precious board games.

As for Russia, just take it out of the game once the Revolution happens, whatever the rules leading up to it are. There is no need to complicate it further with “red and whites” as Russia was no longer a problem for anyone after if left the war, though it did take up a million Germans to occupy all that land they took.

• Just look who started the diatribe. I also think most of these threads are house rules threads for the most part.

There is no need to complicate it further with “red and whites” as Russia was no longer a problem for anyone

Oh man don’t be so dogmatic lest somebody accuse you of hurting somebodies ideas and having somebody else complain on his behalf… :roll:

• Customizer

I’m perfectly capable of complaining on my own behalf. Thanks, anyway.

But we cannot have house rules as such until we know what the official rules will be.

So until then, can we just use these threads to bounce ideas about? Those complaining about things being in the wrong place have had remarkably little positive to contribute.

• Flashman we understand each other and have over the years. You know me and i know you.  I respect anything you say, but when you go on the wagon i try to bring you back into reality.

I know it’s fun making all these ideas and hoping they are in the game. Sometimes i use my sarcasm as a way to address how far some of us stray from what the reality is.

Example would be the “dreadnought of Haiti” comments.  Just keep being who you are and i will do the same and in that measure ideas can be discussed.

• @Flashman:

Those complaining about things being in the wrong place have had remarkably little positive to contribute.

I’ve contributed slightly more than remarkably little  :wink:…just slightly.

• @Flashman:

I’m perfectly capable of complaining on my own behalf. Thanks, anyway.

But we cannot have house rules as such until we know what the official rules will be.

So until then, can we just use these threads to bounce ideas about? Those complaining about things being in the wrong place have had remarkably little positive to contribute.

That’s the point I’ve been trying to make.

• @Imperious:

Flashman we understand each other and have over the years. You know me and i know you.  I respect anything you say, but when you go on the wagon i try to bring you back into reality.

This is the arrogant crap that I am talking about. You act as though you are the moderator of reasonability and the grand overlord (or imperious leader? hmm) of what is possible in reality for the game, where all you really do is indirectly or directly belittle opinions that differ from yours and insist innocence in cases where you have none.

You are even so self-absorbed as to think that my account was created for you. I realize you want to be the god of this site, but don’t flatter yourself. It’s clear you WANT accounts created for you, so start your own site of yes-men.

If you are going to start speaking as though you know how things MUST be and what CAN and CANNOT happen in the game, I will continue to argue against such arrogance. Posts like that have no place in what is supposed to be a community of discussion rather than arrogant dictation.

I’ve made my point, and in my conclusion to this line of posting (at least until you start telling people how it supposedly IS in other matters of opinion in another thread.), I recommend you get over yourself.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m