Oztea's global41 setup pictures

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Epic! I love how there’s a Bismarck on the lamb…

But where’s the Battle of River plate!? And the Graffe Spree? :S � You could totally add it in without upsetting balance…

1 British and 1 Anzac destroyer in Sz85 or Sz86, Vs 1 german cruiser in Sz86 would do the trick, basically the Germans choose to battle or RUN. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_River_Plate

IF you really want to make it intersting… make it a German Battleship vs 1 cruiser 1 destroyer…

That makes it a sraight even $20 a piece for either side…  Germans get the better die % which is correct, but only one ship…

lol awesome. :)

• Look for this set up at F.M.G.'s event in April. We’ve played this about 15-20 times and its a good change of pace, real exciting, and there is no wait for 3-4 turns to go….instant action, my group love the instant action, no waiting, etc.

Has someone converted it to a tripleA format?  I should ask Veq…  I suppose anyone could do the setup?  But we’d need to eliminate the politics.

This map is full of cool stuff… like the RUssian Bomber, Italy with a chance, a sturdy Leningrad, and a soviet far east destroyer!

German transports in the med, airbases in sicily, Brits in crete oh my!  This HAS to be converted to AAA!

• The only minor rule changes to note with this setup are:

1. The game is treated as if it is the beginning of the third game turn (the US can enter the war at the end of their turn if they aren’t attacked) (Germany can wait one turn and the USSR can’t attack them)

2. While neutral on the pacific map the USSR destroyer must remain adjacent to a Soviet territory (similar to the US rule in the Atlantic while neutral)

OZ where can I find your official setup?

AND, what do you think about the River plate addition? :D

• Considering the battle of the river plate happened in December 1939 and this setup is supposed to reflect September 1941 I’d say its a bit late for that battle.
    Though I have been thinking of doing a 1940+ setup which would bring the base setup to a higher piece count, and that might make an appearance there.

The official setup is on Harris Game Design somewhere.
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4949

• Customizer

Thank you so much. Now all we need us a 1939 setup.
    Btw I love how you handled Vichy in a simple way for this simplified faster version without completely ignoring it.

• We played it last week. We had two inexperienced player tho’.

The game looks ok, I will give it more chances before making any statement on the balance. It kinda look pro-allies for now but in our first game Germany/Italy was played by a newbie player.

I like the huge options Germany has round1. He really has to choose what to do. In our game he sunk the Med carrier and the creete dd+trn.

• That carrier used to be in 91 not 92, but the if Germany attacked it and subs survived, then the US just sunk them on US1 while going to gibraltar.

Now, if you sink the carrier and have a sub or two left, the US is a little more hesitant to go right at north africa as soon as it can because germany has sub sub fodder in 92.

• where did you get the info on where ground forces were? im trying to get a historically accurate 1940 setup going ( you already posted there )

edit: is this historically accurate?  becaue the royal navy seems really small and theres no ships in scapa flow

• also there should be a french inf on madagascar

• It isn’t historically accurate any more so than it is a combination of three things:

My knowledge of the general tactical situation in summer 1941
    A 2 turn progression of the game from the OOB setup
    Additional pieces added for flavor

Also, some pre-destined attacks, like pearl harbor, and the hunt of the bismark, because those are neat little historical tidbits:

• New Zeland can’t be emptied 100% with 1 tranport, so it always has a unit on it
    • Soviet far eastern force is way stronger, but needed desperately in Moscow.
    • UK navy isn’t in the crosshairs of the german navy, and reduced to near nothing on G1
    • USA starts with a lot more manpower, to offset the cost of having to buy transports constantly
    • Canada starts with more units to encourage transports to move back and forth from there

• As for the issue of France. All Vichy territory is now just German.
    And all blue units are just free French.

Moving the game to 1941 does away with the paradox in Alpha 3 of just ignoring the Vichy regime.

• Also Noll, this incarnation of the setup has since been changed “slightly”

Swap control of Ethiopia and Italian Somoliland, and swap the units.
    add one soviet unit to Kazakstan
    2 INF in Bulgaria, not 3 (cant see how many chips are there)

Some others perhaps:
    This setup list is the most current though
    http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=4949

• Actually, here is the most current 1941 setup in a word file.

1941 Setup (Redux).doc

• @oztea:

As for the issue of France. All Vichy territory is now just German.
    And all blue units are just free French.

Moving the game to 1941 does away with the paradox in Alpha 3 of just ignoring the Vichy regime.

That was something interesting in the unoffical expansion World at War. When france fell to the german blitz, the german player rolled for vichy units/territories. On a specific role they became German, or Unusable Vichy (except when attacked) or free french.

• Actually, this setup has gotten a little dated.

When I get my 2nd edition in the mail (friday hopefully) I will set this back up and re-tweak it a little.
    Did some research and there are some minor inconsistencies.

BIG question though.
    Should I just remove all free french units, and put them down as Vichy units, and treat them as an Axis version of China?

• Updated setup to account for new AA gun rules and other minor changes.

This should be the last incarnation for a while, playtest reports are welcome.

1941 Setup (Redux 2012).doc

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m