Axis-Leaning Neutrals - optional rule

• I think giving them Afghanistan sounds good. I might use this scenario in my next game. The only problem is Argentina is farther away for the axis compared to Afghanistan.

• I still say a pro-axis Argentina is better for the ALLIES because they can take it.

• The only problem is Argentina is farther away for the axis compared to Afghanistan.

Exactly, India is next door and UK gets free infantry without doing anything.

Axis have little chance to land in Argentina.

Perhaps Allies get Switzerland? Saudi Arabia?

• Pro-axis Saudi Arabia is just another NO for USSR.

• @Vance:

Pro-axis Saudi Arabia is just another NO for USSR.

???

• allies should not get Switzerland. They attacked allies and axis alike whenever someone entered their territory, also held prisoners from both sides.

• Perhaps instead of capitals falling (which is pretty “nail in the coffin” sort of stuff already)
    Link it to achieved National Objectives.

Spain might have joined the axis if it was doing well enough.
    Somewhere to set the bar would be:

The following territories become Pro-Axis on Axis turns only if an axis power currently satisfies the conditions of a specific amount (or more) of it’s national advantages:
    Spain: Germany and Italy both satisfy the conditions of at least two National Objectives
    Sweden: Germany satisfies the conditions of at least three National Objectives
    Turkey: Germany and Italy both satisfy the conditions of at least two National Objectives
    Saudi Arabia: Germany and Italy both satisfy the conditions of one National Objective that includes a territory in the Middle East.

• More simply put….it has been a long standing National Advantage of mine for Italy that:

“If Italy and Germany are fulfilling the requirements of two of their National Objectives, Spain is treated as Pro-Axis on Italian and German turns”
    “If both powers fulfill the requirements of three of their National Objectives, when Spain is annexed also place an Artillery, AAA, Tank and Fighter”

Just food for thought.

• Customizer

@oztea:

More simply put….it has been a long standing National Advantage of mine for Italy that:

“If Italy and Germany are fulfilling the requirements of two of their National Objectives, Spain is treated as Pro-Axis on Italian and German turns”
    “If both powers fulfill the requirements of three of their National Objectives, when Spain is annexed also place an Artillery, AAA, Tank and Fighter”

Just food for thought.

I like this idea. It seems like I read that someone also had the idea of a Minor IC in Spain if Germany and Italy fulfill a certain amount of their NOs, but I can’t remember where.

One question: You say that Spain is Pro-Axis on Germany’s and Italy’s turns. So does it go back to being strict neutral during other players’ turns and switch back to Pro-Axis when it’s Italy or Germany’s turn again?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Good question KNP… if I was the U.S. I would make damn -sure- it switched to pro-axis, so I could land there and be putting units into Europe EVERY Turn!!! Mwahaha!

• It would only be Pro-Axis on German and Italian turns, to prevent the US from covering it with green army men.

I guess the rule would be reflecting that IF the European axis was gaining a lot of traction, Franco would be a little more accommodating to the Axis. But just because the Axis is doing well wouldn’t make Spain a target for the allies unless it was annexed.

I guess perhaps some other nations could become Pro-Allies under certain NO conditions for them……its just a little more difficult.

The big neutral players are Spain, Turkey, Sweden and Mongolia. The first three may have been convinced to join the axis. The last one was already a communist enclave.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m