• '19 Moderator

These are still being tested and refined.

New Research and Development Rules

The R&D tables are expanded and amended to 24 techs in 4 categories.

1.Land Techs
    a. Artillery
    b. Mechanized Infantry
    c. Heavy Armor
    d. Shock Troops
    e. Paratroops
    f. Marines

2.Sea Techs
    a. Armored Air Craft Carriers
    b. Torpedo Bombers
    c. Heavy Transports
    d. Improved Submarine
    e. Dreadnaughts
    f. Naval Bombers

3.Air Techs
    a. Heavy Bombers
    b. Long Range Air
    c. Air Transport
    d. Rockets
    e. Fighter/Bombers
    f. Jet Fighters

4. Industrial Techs
    a. Improved research
    b. Conscription
    c. Assembly line
    d. Improved Naval Yards
    e. Streamlined training
    f. Canned Factories

1. Land techs-
      Artillery is a new unit. It is a 2/2 unit with a movement of 1. Artillery also improves the attack factor of coordinating Infantry by 1. Cost is 4Ipcs.

Mechanized Infantry is a new Unit. This is a 2/2 unit with a movement of 2. Mechanized Infantry also have the ability to blitz in the manor of armor. Cost is 4 Ipcs.

Heavy Armor is a new unit. Heavy armor is a 4/3 unit. The cost is 8Ipc and no more than 20% rounded up, of a countries armor can be of this type.

Shock Troop is a new unit. Shock troop is a 2/2 unit with a movement of 1. The cost is 4Ipc and no more than 10% rounded up, of a countries Infantry can be of this type.

Paratroop is a new Unit. Paratroop is a 1/ 2 Unit with a movement of 1. Paratroops can be dropped by air transports. When dropping into combat paratroops fight at 2/2. Cost is 4 Ipcs.

Marine is a new unit. Marine is a 1/ 2 unit with a movement of 1. Marines attack value is in creased by 1 during amphibious attacks. Cost is 4Ipcs.

1. Sea Techs
      Armored Aircraft Carriers makes Carriers two hit units.

Torpedo bombers increase the attack value of Carrier launched fighters who are attacking ships to 4.

Heavy Transports increases the load of transports to 3 Infantry or 1 Infantry and 1 Armor.

Improved submarines increases the attack value of Submarines to 3. Aircraft may not attack improved submarines with out naval support.

Dreadnaughts give Battleships a second attack per round of combat.

Naval bombers increase the attack value of Carrier launched fighters that are attacking ground units to 4.

1. Air Techs
      Heavy bombers give bombers a second attack per round of combat.

Long range Aircraft increases the movement of air units by 2

Air Transport is a new unit. Air transport is a 0/1 unit with a movement of 6. The cost is 8Ipcs and air transports can carry 1 Infantry or 1 artillery unit.

Rockets allow Anti Air Units to fire a rocket up to 3 spaces for an industrial raid. This attack may only be used once per turn.

Fighter Bombers increases the attack value of fighters to 4 when attacking ground units only. (No Air)

Jet Fighters Increases the defense value of fighters to 5.

1. Industrial Techs
      Improved Research decreases the cost of R&D by 2Ipcs.

Conscription allows troops to be built in any territory with a value of 2 or more in an amount less than or equal to the value of the territory.

Assembly line reduces the cost of mechanized units by 1 and air units by 2.

Improved naval yards decreased the cost of transports and subs by 2 and Carriers and Battleships by 4

Streamlined training decreases the cost of infantry to 2.5Ipcs rounded up.

Canned Factories allows factories to be moved 1 territory per turn. On the turn the factory is moved it may not produce units. Cost of new factories is reduced to 12Ipcs

Acquiring Technology:

One attempt may be made at R&D per turn at a cost of 5Ipcs. Research is directed into one of the 4 categories on a roll of 6 the research succeeds and another die is rolled to determine the research attained.

When a technology is obtained it may be sought directly by any other player at a cost of 5Ipc. This attempt applies to the 1 attempt per turn rule.

America and Britain may acquire technology directly form one another for a 5IPC fee which is paid to the bank to represent retooling. Germany and Japan may share tech in the same manner.

• @dezrtfish:

Conscription allows troops to be built in any territory with a value of 2 or more in an amount less than or equal to the value of the territory.

So does this one only apply to infantry?

I love em though! I definitely want to try using all of these…lol I like the heavy armour one :)

• '19 Moderator

Yes I should have said Infantry and only regular Infantry at that.

The whole I dea was to get people to try for tech. In our games it was extreemly rare for any one to try to get techs.

• does dreadnought give a second attack to a BB in an amphibious assault ?

• Great ideas, dz_fish!
    I would think that the answer to k_a’s ? would be YES.
    As for ctm’s ? YES would be most likely as, even with the occupation of Germany, I’d think inf for defense would be a top priority and other industries would be a shambles!

Like the Mechtroops…had that idea myself(but you get patent rights :) .)

Suggestions and ?s…
    Heavy armour is too costly… recommend 6 IPCs. It must cost more as it is a breakthrough, but don’t put it out of reach(breakthrough puts it in reach.)

Para’s must be limited to 2 para’s per air trans unit.

Is there an increased cost of torpedo/dive and naval/ftr bmrs. Wouldn’t they be 13-14 IPCs as they are closer in size to ftrs.
    In addition shouldn’t the effectiveness of torp & naval bmrs be investigated. I doubt they were effective 2/3s of the time.(I’m beeing to picky here, I believe.)

Is there an increased cost for improved subs or Htrans?

Hbmrs get a second attack(limit one die)? Will you limit them to no more than 1/3 of bmr force rounded down?

Acquired tech… so US could spend 5 IPCs on development of its own tech and spend another 5 IPCs on retooling for a tech UK had obtained. Sounds good to me. US at least would be techrolling every turn, ubetcha!

• '19 Moderator

@Xi:

Great ideas, dz_fish!
    I would think that the answer to k_a’s ? would be YES.
    As for ctm’s ? YES would be most likely as, even with the occupation of Germany, I’d think inf for defense would be a top priority and other industries would be a shambles!

Correct
    @Xi:

Like the Mechtroops…had that idea myself(but you get patent rights :) .)

Suggestions and ?s…
    Heavy armour is too costly… recommend 6 IPCs. It must cost more as it is a breakthrough, but don’t put it out of reach(breakthrough puts it in reach.)

Probably true

@Xi:

Para’s must be limited to 2 para’s per air trans unit.

We limit them to one per air transport. I should have mentioned that.
    @Xi:

Is there an increased cost of torpedo/dive and naval/ftr bmrs. Wouldn’t they be 13-14 IPCs as they are closer in size to ftrs.
    In addition shouldn’t the effectiveness of torp & naval bmrs be investigated. I doubt they were effective 2/3s of the time.(I’m beeing to picky here, I believe.)

I had intended this to just increase the value of fighters that start the turn on an AC. not to create a new unit. I prefer to avoid completely new units as it gets tough to create too many new pieces.
    @Xi:

Is there an increased cost for improved subs or Htrans?

No, although the heavy transports might be a bit over powered.
    @Xi:

Hbmrs get a second attack(limit one die)? Will you limit them to no more than 1/3 of bmr force rounded down?

When I say a second attack I meen bombers get 2 dice. I think the 3 dice bombers are over powered but I haven’t put a limit on numbers.
    @Xi:

Acquired tech… so US could spend 5 IPCs on development of its own tech and spend another 5 IPCs on retooling for a tech UK had obtained. Sounds good to me. US at least would be techrolling every turn, ubetcha!

Right at the cost it makes it wothwile for most of the countries to tech at least a few times. I also toyed areound with the idea of giving each country a free atempt prior to the start of the game. Just to kick it up a notch.

I have also considered giving each country a set amount of cash to costomise their builds a bit, this could be used for tech as an alternative.

• Sounds good, but…

Why would you want to “sit with Nabisco”?

I’d rather “eat the Double Stuffs!” :)

How do you say that in Latin? :P

• I have adopted these rules and am really enjoying them. Thanks for posting them!

• @dezrtfish:

Canned Factories allows factories to be moved 1 territory per turn. On the turn the factory is moved it may not produce units. Cost of new factories is reduced to 12Ipcs.

So do the moved factories still count as originals?

Otherwise, excellent!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m