HBG's Global War 1939 FAQ

• @Undertaker:

Thanks for the quick reply.

-While I have you attention, is there any picture of the revised map anywhere on the web that’s not made for ants? I’m trying to see the difference in borders but the picture for ants on boardgame geeks is the only one I could find.

-Naval bases are sea zone dependant? So I have to build one in a territory specially for a particular sea zone? Which means the naval base in scotland only touches sz 15 and not sz 14 and 13. Its in sz 14
    If so, does Madras get two for sz 67 and 66 or is it the same in the middle. Same for the one in south africa with sz 63 and 77.
    Following that logic, the naval base in Gibraltar only touches sz 35 abnd not 36. Correct. Also 2 naval bases go into Hong Kong.

• For south Africa and India, it says I have to produce a required amount of infantry on the factory. Is the amount required every turn or simply when the factory is being used. Only if you buy and place there for those factories.

• And finally, can players that play on the same turn, like the commonwealth use the same transports as if they were the same power or do I have to fall back on the transports rules of axis and allies? For example 2 canadian transports carrying and dropping 1 anzac, 2 british and one FEC unit. UK, Fec and Anzac all play on same turn. But you have to wait a turn to unload from another countries transports.

Heres a map pic. You need to download the setup sheets for 7.2. That will tell you where everything goes.

image1(27).png

• Thanks. Any pic of the entire map?
    All the pics on the net are made for ants.

• Heres a pic of map on my 5’ x 12’ custom table at “The Generals Fortress”. Only way to show whole map.

Thats Stalins Great grandson playing Russia !!!

image1(12).png

• Rules say you can’t build a factory in a territory that wasn’t originally yours at the start of the game.
    The only exception is siam where you can build both a minor or major starting turn 3.
    Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria can all get a minor built by Germany in them which is not tied to their seperate magical invinsible IC.
    The rules state that Germany can’t use the minor built in these territories. So if I understand, the only reason you’d want to do such a useless action would be to eventually upgrade that minor IC in Hungary or Romania into a major. At which point you could get the complete 10 production for germany in that territory which isnt affected by the magical spawning minor axis power unit.

Let’s say I build a naval base in Romania or bulgaria, can I accumulate my money with those power for a few turns and build a battleship in sea zone 43?

Otherwise, the only way to get a working IC in enemy territory is to capture major one from an enemy which will then get demoted to a minor.

As for China I just realised I was implying rules from 1940 and the rules for this game never talked about certain things. Both Communist and nationalist china have capitals. Does Nationalist China lose it’s money ton invaders if Szechwan falls? Does the capture of Pingliang stop the spawning of commie chinamen?

Again sorry to be bothering you this much. Me and a dude playalot of these games and we want to be sure we understand everything before we play. When you play a game that’s 12+ hours and one small unclear rule can change the entire thing.

• @Undertaker:

Rules say you can’t build a factory in a territory that wasn’t originally yours at the start of the game.
    The only exception is siam where you can build both a minor or major starting turn 3. Nope no major. Japan can only build minor ics.
    Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria can all get a minor built by Germany in them which is not tied to their seperate magical invinsible IC.
    The rules state that Germany can’t use the minor built in these territories. So if I understand, the only reason you’d want to do such a useless action would be to eventually upgrade that minor IC in Hungary or Romania into a major. At which point you could get the complete 10 production for germany in that territory which isnt affected by the magical spawning minor axis power unit. Heres what we do to understand it better in game. You make all strict neutrals white. Pro -axis rust. Pro-allies dark green. Hungry dark grey. Romania yellow. Bulgeria light grey. Finland off blue.
    Now when you build for each minor for Germany turn after activation you know what you built for them. So just say normal buy on Ger T2
    Finland = 1 off blue inf  collect 3
    Hungry = 1 D. grey inf  collect 3
    Romania = 1 Yellow tank  collect 6
    Bulgeria = 1 L. grey mech.  collect 4
    Ger = Black  collect What ever it is
    So now you have 5 builds for all.
    Germany cannot upgrade a Axis Minor IC.
    Germany can buy a Minor or Major IC for Hungry, Romania and Bulgeria. Most choices is Minor in Romania then upgrade to Major or buy a Major.
    If you capture a Major IC yes it goes down to a Minor IC but if the territory is worth 3 icps then thats the only place you can build and upgrade to a Major IC. Like Paris you capture it goes to a Minor IC then you can upgrade it to a major IC. But if allies capture Paris then it down grades to a Minor IC and the allies can build it back up to a Major IC

Let’s say I build a naval base in Romania or bulgaria, can I accumulate my money with those power for a few turns and build a battleship in sea zone 43? Yes but would sit there and move inside strait unless you as axis control Turkey.

Otherwise, the only way to get a working IC in enemy territory is to capture major one from an enemy which will then get demoted to a minor.

As for China I just realised I was implying rules from 1940 and the rules for this game never talked about certain things. Both Communist and nationalist china have capitals. Does Nationalist China lose it’s money ton invaders if Szechwan falls? NO Does the capture of Pingliang stop the spawning of commie chinamen? YES

Again sorry to be bothering you this much. Me and a dude playalot of these games and we want to be sure we understand everything before we play. When you play a game that’s 12+ hours and one small unclear rule can change the entire thing.

• Nope no major. Japan can only build minor ics in siam

Page 25 of the global 1939 rules v7.2 say: Siam receives 1 infantry per turn, every turn, starting from the round after activation by Japan. Japan can build a Minor or Major IC in Siam.

Then on page 30: Japan can build a Minor IC only in Siam starting on turn 3.

• '14

@Undertaker:

Nope no major. Japan can only build minor ics in siam

Page 25 of the global 1939 rules v7.2 say: Siam receives 1 infantry per turn, every turn, starting from the round after activation by Japan. Japan can build a Minor or Major IC in Siam.
    I think it should say Minor IC only. I’ll look back on the rules this weekend and make sure.

• @Undertaker:

Nope no major. Japan can only build minor ics in siam

We always played get 1 inf after activation and couldn’t build a minor until turn 3. If Japan could build a major game over.

• Can bombers drop paratroopers in enemy territories without friendly units attacking from the ground/amphibious assault?

Some units like the US paratrooper and the Japanese infantry can get a +1 from various things.

Do these bonus stack? Ex. A US marine gets +1 in an amphibious assault and there’s an artillery with it so another +1= attacking at 5.
    Or is their combat value capped. Ex. The US marines get +1 in an amphibious assault OR an artillery because his combat value is 3(4) in the unit list and not 3(4-5)

• Sponsor

Commie China never gets more than 1 infantry per turn, or any other unit even if they own all of China. Correct

This is not correct. CCP can build as many units as they can afford, but only place 3/territory. There is also a special recruitment roll based on territories possessed.

• Sponsor

Can bombers drop paratroopers in enemy territories without friendly units attacking from the ground/amphibious assault?

Yes

Do these bonus stack? Ex. A US marine gets +1 in an amphibious assault and there’s an artillery with it so another +1= attacking at 5.
    Or is their combat value capped. Ex. The US marines get +1 in an amphibious assault OR an artillery because his combat value is 3(4) in the unit list and not 3(4-5)

Marines do not get +1, they just attack at 3 and have no double casualties. The artillery cannot land until round 2, and then the marines have +1.

But combat value is not capped and bonus do stack–there is no prohibition against this in the rules but it would be rare.

• Here’s your pic Marc

image0.png

• @SS-GEN said in HBG's Global War 1939 FAQ:

Here’s your pic Marc

image0.png

• image0(1).png

• Can someone explain, is marsielles and the cruiser always vichy?

Suggested Topics

• NO's

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m