• In general, we for my gaming group, the game ends when the axis can’t win. Once the Germans lose any chance of taking Moscow, and when Japan loses in India and its navy is crushed, we call it a day. We never play all the way to the capitulation of Berlin, Rome, and Tokyo. That is just hell for the axis player, who sits there knowing he can’t win.

When do you guys end your games?

• When every axis tt is gone  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

• we will play till we notice that one side (either axis or allies) is so messed up that they cant win or theyre chances of winning are very low…

• When we are all done

• I don’t think we’ve ever played a game to true completion.  When you’ve played as many games as most of us have, you know long before hand that one side or the other is 90% likely to win (there’s always that chance that the other side will make a comeback of course … after another 10 hours of arduous playtime).

Typically when that happens, we call an end to the war with one side conceeding to the other.

• Usually after the Germans lose the battle of Moscow, or when Japan’s navy is so crippled and it doesn’t have enough resources to make anymore progress, we end the game in surrender.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I don’t quit until they say uncle.

• @Gargantua:

I don’t quit until they say uncle.

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

well we play when one side won.

• Customizer

The towel is generally thrown far before Victory conditions are met.

• For me the Axis will actually surrender before the VC’s, but the Allies usually play till beyond the VC’s.

• Customizer

We usually play till the bitter end.
    In games where the Allies win, we usually go until every last Axis unit is removed from the board and every Axis territory is captured/liberated.
    In games where the Axis win, we will go 1 round after the Axis gain the last victory city on either side. In a couple of cases, once either the Euro Axis got 8 VCs or Japan got 6 VCs, we decided to play it on out and the Allies end up winning, although those games take a LONG time to complete (like 19 or 20 rounds or so).
    While some Axis victories were fairly clear cut – meaning that once they got the 8th VC in Europe or 6th VC in Pacific, the Allies were in no position to retake any of them. However, there have been some games where the Allies were still very strong and simply out of position to retake a victory city before the end of the final round.

KNP how many players do you play with usually?

And how long do those games of total annihilation go?

• Usually when victory for one of the sides is iminent. That’s either when the Axis lose the initiative or when the axis will capture their last VC.

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

KNP how many players do you play with usually?

And how long do those games of total annihilation go?

We usually have 5-6 players for a game of Global. Some weekends if less than that can come to play, like 3 or 4, we usually won’t play Global but rather one of the theater level games.

As for the games where we get an Axis win through VCs but the Allies are still strong so we play it out and the Allies end up wiping out the Axis – Those games are the really long ones, usually 19+ rounds. I seem to remember one a while back that went for 26 rounds.
    In games where the Axis simply had a bad game and never got the required VCs and the Allies just beat them outright, which also goes until all Axis are gone, those games usually last between 13 and 15 rounds.
    Axis victory games (through VCs) are usually the shortest, about 7-9 rounds usually. On a couple of occasions, just for kicks, we went ahead and played out the game until all Allied forces were wiped out. Those games took just a little longer than an Allied victory, roughly 16 or 17 rounds.
    Once, after wiping out all Allies, the three Axis players decided to push it even further and turn on each other for TOTAL World Domination. This was really unfair to poor Italy. Although they had all of Africa and the Middle East, Brazil, Central America and even Central USA, they were clearly at a disadvantage. Germany had Eastern USA, All of Canada on the Europe board, most of Europe plus England and the entire western half of Russia. Japan had basically everything on the Pacific map plus a really huge navy. Germany’s navy was bigger than Italy’s and pretty much finished it off in the Carribean. Also, Germany was able to launch a huge force on Northern Italy, thus taking out Italy’s only Major IC. With just a Minor IC and their forces too spread out, Rome was easily taken out. So it ended up being some “mopping up” of leftover Italian forces here and there and big clashes between Germany and Japan in Africa, Central USA, the Middle East and Central Russia just east of Moscow and Stalingrad. It seemed to turn into a big stalemate and after about 4 rounds or so, we just got tired of it and called it quits. Would have been interesting to see which one came out on top though.

Even After I’ve removed every axis piece from the board, I keep playing.

I start sending units to South America, to look for escaped war criminals, and hold nuremburg trials.

I also start doing stupid things with the middle east, like carving out new nations, JUST because I can.

It’s this whole new Axis and Allies Experience…

• Or you could have everyone turn on each other and wait till every. single. tt. is under 1 power’s control.

• Generally one side gives in when the tides have turned against them.

Generally one side gives in when the tides have turned against them.

Pfftp, Cowards.  I fight to the last man, woman, and child!

• haha  wow

• @Gargantua:

Generally one side gives in when the tides have turned against them.

Pfftp, Cowards.  I fight to the last man, woman, and child!

Fight until every last man, woman and child of the enemy has been eliminated.  We don’t want to have to come back in another 20 years and do it all over again.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m