• @JimmyHat:

France should be Cognac or perhaps champagne.

I’d recommend Calvados from the Normandy region.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

This wouldn’t be fair… the british would drink tea!

• @Gargantua:

This wouldn’t be fair… the british would drink tea!

Oh come come now, we all know that Churchills infamous slured speech didnt come from hitting the earl gray to hard!  :-D

• No doubt.  The UK is all gin, all the time.

• We’re all 18 so our rules is one shot for every turn France collects income.

• @McMan:

We’re all 18 so our rules is one shot for every turn France collects income.

I hope thats code for saying “not at all” because if you live in the states that would be illegal.

So lets see, have we reached a consensus on what each country should use?
    USA: Whiskey (can we be brand specific here?)
    USSR: Vodka (brands dont really matter here but i’d have to recommend the "Hammer&Sickle, just for Haw-Haws)  :-D
    UK: Gin ( I think is the consensus) idealy the Beefeater brand for obvious reasons, though i’d strongly recommend a mixer
    France:……Cognac, I think we agree yes?
    ANZAC:…? I would think stick them with the same as the UK, but maybe not? Maybe Brandy? Fosters is a little to obvious and is also beer not a liquor (we can do a seprate list for beers)
    China: I heard Tsingtao (or Qingdao in Chinese) but as we’re going with a liquor theme here let me reccomend Er-guo-tou a Chinese rice I have had the pleasure (or misfortune some would say) of having drank http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Er_guo_tou
    Germany: Schnapps? or Jaegermister? I’d go with Schanpps (picking flavor to individuals taste)
    Japan: Sake obviously
    Italy:…um? Im going with red wine here, unless someone can present a better liquor option.
    So here is the offical 21+ A&A Liquor list. Next we’ll work on a beer list and then we’ll figure out some hard and fast rules to play by.  :-D

ANZAC:…?   -  Fosters,  Australian for BEER!

France:……Cognac, I think we agree yes?  - NAPOLEAN BRANDY!  Come on!

And the US Whisky, has to be Jack Daniels!

• @Gargantua:

ANZAC:…?    -  Fosters,  Australian for BEER!

Which will work for the Beer list that we’ll sort out next, for those who dont like to, or rather arent insane enough, to play with hard alcohol.
    @Gargantua:

France:……Cognac, I think we agree yes?  - NAPOLEAN BRANDY!  Come on!

I havent heard of this brand before, but given the liklihood that France will have very little to do after a while I suppose you could do either or
    @Gargantua:

And the US Whisky, has to be Jack Daniels!

My feelings excatly!  :-D

• OK!
    a very very important lesson was learned in trying to play this, and that is to only play when you have enough players to spread out the drinking. Two players trying to play this will end in disaster every. single. time. And let me just say now, Owwwwwwwwww  :oops:

We had successfully made it through 3 whole turns before I cant remember anything. I believe the game was stopped when one of the “observers”(someone sober who was watching to make sure things didn’t get out of hand or dangerous, strongly recommend doing that) watched my opponent, as Germany, try to invade Italy 3 times and realizing that I had fallen asleep, but before doing do I had taken to using French pieces to represent newly mobilized Soviet forces. The strategic situation that I found this (painful) morning was pretty grim for all involved. The Germans were pushing on Rome, while the British were in full retreat in Africa. London hadn’t been invaded, but that wasn’t much of a force there anyway. The French were entrenched in southern Russia and the Ukraine, while the Soviets were holding the northern half of the country and trying to fend of the Germans in Belorussia, and it looked like the French in Bryansk as well. The Japanese navy had completely surrounded Australia but had lost control of the Philippines to a large US fleet, that had neither air-cover or transports and men. The US fleet was  made up of 4 destroyers, 3 cruisers, 2 subs, and 7 battleships, for some reason.

I hear by recommend that the 21+ A&A liquor list only be used in a game with 4 or more players, ideally 5. In a two person game I will strongly insist using the beer list, which I’ll be working on now, please make your suggestions now.  :-)

What about Strippers?

• @Gargantua:

What about Strippers?

What about strippers? as they are neither beer nor alcohol I dont see the relevance. Unless you have some picture in your head of playing A&A like a game of craps with a beautiful scantily clad lady sitting in your lap as you roll dice and throw IPCs around like you’re a Big Spenda’!!!…… I wouldnt think too much on that, I clearly didnt before typing it � :lol:

• So here is a Beer list for A&A 21+ lets hear what you think

U.S.A.: Budwiser
    U.K.: New Castle
    U.S.S.R.:……???
    France: Stella Artois ( I know its Belgian but close enough)
    ANZAC: Fosters
    China: Tsingtao

Germany: Spaten (my personal favorite)
    Japan: Sapporo
    Italy: Birra Moretti

• A new rule idea, If you capital fall then you must drink a shot of the conquering powers liquor

A new rule idea, If you capital fall then you must drink a shot of the conquering powers liquor

I think you mean… whatever is still left in their bottle. :)

• @Gargantua:

A new rule idea, If you capital fall then you must drink a shot of the conquering powers liquor

I think you mean… whatever is still left in their bottle. :)

You’re a dangerous man Gar  :-D How I’d like to play this game against you, someone who sounds like they could keep up with me on the drinking front and live to tell about it!  :lol:

• Liquor:
    USA - American Whiskey
    France - Cognac
    UKE - Gin (Beefeaters, if you want to get themed)
    UKP - Gin (Bombay Sapphire, again if you want to get themed)
    USSR - Vodka (preferrably Stoli)
    ANZAC - Rum (Australia is actually a large producer of Rum)
    China - Maotai (famous Chinese liquor, may be a bit tough to come by though)
    Japan - Sake
    Germany - Jager
    Italy - Amaretto or Sambuca take your pick.

• I think sambuca is actually a Greek liquor

• '10

@Clyde85:

I think sambuca is actually a Greek liquor

Uzo is the Greek version.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Uzo is the Greek version.

Thanks for clearing that up FMG  :-D Though I would still rather use Red wine for Italy, there are already so many harsh liquours on the list sambucca seems a bit extream.

Can anyone think of an acceptable beer for the Soviet Union?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m