• Sponsor

@theROCmonster:

My question is what would you do when US builds 100% for pacific? Since you aren’t building any ships for the first 3 turns and you obviously can’t take the money islands for your NO bonus, so you won’t be making that much with Japan. So won’t the US just run all over you?

Honestly, without the Pacific UK growing stronger round after round, it should be a relief to deal with America and 2 minor powers and Russia, with the UK income and a rare $5 NO for Japan. Also, my German ally will attemp sealion, guaranteeing an American shift toward the Atlantic.

• Sponsor

The question is…… Should I attack by land (through China) or by sea (confronting navies).

• Honestly as America even with UK taken out I would probably send 100% of my income to the pacific for the first 5-7 rounds and then build soley for the atlantic. Since I think Japan will be really weak with the blueprint you posted. Their fighters will have taken a couple losses to UK pacific, and they will have A LOT less ships since you don’t build a single one for the first 3 turns…

• Sponsor

@theROCmonster:

Honestly as America even with UK taken out I would probably send 100% of my income to the pacific for the first 5-7 rounds and then build soley for the atlantic. Since I think Japan will be really weak with the blueprint you posted. Their fighters will have taken a couple losses to UK pacific, and they will have A LOT less ships since you don’t build a single one for the first 3 turns…

The focus after Calcutta falls, will be on mainland China and southern Russia. I’m not expecting to save my fleet.

• You can still demolish China and take India J4 with a minimal economic loss. I’d actually say that this is a must for Japan! Even with a complete Pacific strategy, the U.S. can’t really do much to Japan until round 5 or 6. Sure they might have a massive offensive fleet but at the expense of a transport army which without, the U.S. is useless. If they do have a transport army then they must have sacrificed war ships and are vulnerable to an assault by the Japanese fleet.

• US starts with 3. Building 1-2 transports would be well worth it and the rest just warships. Anzac can also be helpful by taking some of the money islands. Once Japan gets their navy entirely defeated, America can start pumping out soley for the european board the save the game over in Europe. Then the allies will have a HUGE income even with Russia being killed off.

• @theROCmonster:

US starts with 3. Building 1-2 transports would be well worth it and the rest just warships.

Yes, but in order to cripple the Japanese the U.S. needs roughly 2 convoys of at least 3 or 4 fully loaded transports and the ability to protect them. Smashing the Japanese fleet is good but realistically if Japan has situated a massive army inland Asia then it really doesn’t accomplish a whole lot as they really don’t need a navy. This is especially true if Japan has a couple factories on the mainland. The U.S. can sail around the Pacific all day long and not really accomplish a whole lot.

• Sponsor

The American fleet must do what it can to cut off the Japanese fleet on its way to Calcutta, but I think I may have solved that by placing 95% of my Japanese warships in sea zone 38 J2. that way Japan can clear all blockers during J3, giving the Jap transports a clear path on their way to sack India J4.

• I thought the U.S. could get involved after Japan attacked FIC or is that just that Japan losses the NO?

• @otahere34:

I thought the U.S. could get involved after Japan attacked FIC or is that just that Japan losses the NO?

japan only loses NO then

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Do it on Japan 3 and it might work out better for you.

J1:  Transports, get into position
    J2:  AB/NB for Kwangsi - target any large stack of Indians, take Sham State and Malaya/Burma cleared/taken if they threaten Sham State
    J3:  Move a destroyer you left behind into blocking position against the Americans, if possible, take India

This should, golly gee, dovetail perfectly with Sea Lion.  Wonder of wonders, aint that nifty?  Without England on either board, the Allies don’t really stand much of a chance.  I won’t say they lose all the time, Axis players can still screw up the rest of their game - as can the dice, but let’s say 80% or better odds of success for the Axis, all things being equal.

I’d gladely post detailed battleplans for you with the caveat that rounds 2 and 3 are marginally conditional depending on what bone-headed move your opponent does.  And yes, attacking 7 Infantry, 2 AA Guns in Burma is an AWESOME trade for Japan!  You can send a lot of your stuff back, so no, it won’t deter the operation, it will hasten it’s success.  Same goes for China later.  I’ll trade 2 or 3 planes to kill 10+ ground units.  You just have to get over your gag reflex and realize they’re just fighters!  (In classic that commend would have had me struck down as a heathen and burned at the stake.)

• Just be careful for america parking a large force around sz 16 :)

• No transports=not worried
    Transports=a solid infantry defense of Japan’s mainland

At least that’s how it works in my experience

• TripleA

jenn is such a troll lol. still ranting about taking calcutta in j3.

@ghr2:

Just be careful for america parking a large force around sz 16 :)

You need to plan for this with Germany.

@Cow:

jenn is such a troll lol. still ranting about taking calcutta in j3.

It is easier to do on Round 3 than on Round 4.  By round 4 India has 7 more units defending it - at least.  It could have more fighters from Australia as well.  Sure they COULD get there by round 3, but honestly, if they are sitting on Java or Sumatra, it might be better to just smash them there before they get to India - as long as you get Sham State so you can land, it won’t make a difference what other territories you hit.

• Once Japans fleet is dead all america has to do is leave behind 20 subs or so, and convoy raid each one of Japans territories that can be convoy raided. Japan isn’t going to win in the pacific, and with the convoy raid Japan won’t be a super strong power. No need to take out Japan at this time. Send 100% toward the Europe board, and if Japan stars building a fleet again crush it. This is why you should have 20 subs off sea zone 6.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m