• @jim010:

Italy gets 1 bmb - small consolation for a fleet that is completely at the UK’s mercy.

I don’t know if its at the UK’s mercy.  UK can’t possibly take it all out.  And with that Strat Bomber Italy can do some damage to the UK fleet in I1.

• @Axisplaya:

@jim010:

I see no concessions to the Axis.

The only one i see so far is this one : the new rules about AAguns. These a great for the Axis, at least for the first 6 rounds.

Yes I think that is a HUGE help to the Axis in the short term at least.

• Customizer

I’ll try it, but my gut tels me this is now an Allied game more than ever.

• Customizer

How are you seeing the increase in Allied AA units as a boon for the Axis?

• @jim010:

Since they can only shoot 3 times, Germany can send a crap load of planes without the threat of a bad roll knocking out its entire Air Force.

• Customizer

I don’t know if its at the UK’s mercy.  UK can’t possibly take it all out.  And with that Strat Bomber Italy can do some damage to the UK fleet in I1.

No, but before, UK could only hit 1 fleet with 50% odds if Germany brought down 2 fhts.  Now UK can hit 2 fleets and win comfortably in both.

• @jim010:

I don’t know if its at the UK’s mercy.  UK can’t possibly take it all out.  And with that Strat Bomber Italy can do some damage to the UK fleet in I1.

No, but before, UK could only hit 1 fleet with 50% odds if Germany brought down 2 fhts.  Now UK can hit 2 fleets and win comfortably in both.

I see your point, but I just don’t see this a HUGE change in the game play.  I think it will make Italy work for its NO but not knock it out of the game.  I would say Italy just needs to purchase a sub or Destroyer on its first turn.

• Customizer

As, I said, I’ll play it, but I have big doubts.

I have never seen Italy get back on its feet in a game where its fleet was decimated unless Sealion was performed.  Sealion is now out, so I see this as bad.

This, plus detering Japan from attacking Russia with the Mongolian threat makes me think that the Axis best chance is now gone.

• Pardon my ignorance, but I didn’t see the changes that take away Sealion.  Please explain.

• @gamerman01:

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn’t see the changes that take away Sealion.  Please explain.

I was wondering that as well.  I think he is referring to the 4 AA guns. I could see how this gives the UK 4 casualties to choose from but it also limits the amount of planes that can be shot at to 3.  I think Sealion is still very much in the picture.  Just my opinion though.

• '10

@gamerman01:

Pardon my ignorance, but I didn’t see the changes that take away Sealion.  Please explain.

Now Russian can attack Germany on R3 if Sealion is successful. That leaves Germany VERY out of positon for at least 2 rounds… This is very discouraging for Germany.

• '10

@jim010:

The new french AAgun is a pain in the Axis ass, granted.
    But the Axis has a lot of planes to start with, and the fact that a single AAgun doesn’t protect as much as before against a stack of planes must be good for the Axis in the early round.

• It’s the fact that London gets 4 free soak hits that kills Sealion.
    4 AA guns can now shoot at 12 planes - more than Germany has - so the Luftwaffe is in just as much danger in a Sealion attack as before.

• '10

@Alsch91:

It’s the fact that London gets 4 free soak hits that kills Sealion.
    4 AA guns can now shoot at 12 planes - more than Germany has - so the Luftwaffe is in just as much danger in a Sealion attack as before.

Uh….i had not seen this change : 4 AAGUN for UK !!
    OK, forget about what i said about new aagun rules good for axis.

Still great for Japan against India, but that’s about all.

• @Axisplaya:

@jim010:

The new french AAgun is a pain in the Axis a**, granted.
    But the Axis has a lot of planes to start with, and the fact that a single AAgun doesn’t protect as much as before against a stack of planes must be good for the Axis in the early round.

No, it’s bad.  I never took more than 2 planes in anyway, and now it adds a casualty to France.

• Yeah it does make the Paris battle just a bit harder and riskier to planes.

@Axisplaya:

Agreed, an India crush is a little bit easier now, but other than that this change is pretty pro-Allies.

• @Axisplaya:

@gamerman01:

Now Russian can attack Germany on R3 if Sealion is successful. That leaves Germany VERY out of positon for at least 2 rounds… This is very discouraging for Germany.

I overlooked that.  When I saw that rule, I was thinking USA and that it was no change, but it’s Russia.  Jeez.  This is why I posted - thanks, Axis

• @Alsch91:

Yeah it does make the Paris battle just a bit harder and riskier to planes.

@Axisplaya:

Agreed, an India crush is a little bit easier now, but other than that this change is pretty pro-Allies.

He could have taken an infantry away from Paris.  Jeez.  The Axis needed help, not further roadblocks…

• Customizer

@gamerman01:

The 4 AAs on London can now be taken as casualties.  Odds of success are now below 50% for Sealion.

• @Alsch91:

It’s the fact that London gets 4 free soak hits that kills Sealion.

Yeah, I see he didn’t take anything away, either.  That does severely hamper Sealion, which opens up a lot of options for UK, which, yes, I agree is going the wrong direction as far as balance….  I guess we’ll just be bidding high for Axis to compensate.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m