• Pros: You remove one enemy early.

Cons: The Soviet Union becomes to powerful.

• Sea Lion is far too dependant, in my opinion, upon the UK’s first turn to vote either “Yes” or “No”.

To me, it is worth building 8-9 transports on turn 2, if the player has failed to build 9 infantries on the first turn.

• This is totally dependent on what the UK player does.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Pros:

• National Objective
    • No annoying British ships in the Atlantic
    • No annoying British troops in Africa
    • No annoying British troops in France
    • No annoying British Aircraft
    • England 6 IPC
    • Scotland 2 IPC
    • Don’t have to defend France
    • Italy can get N. Africa NO
    • Italy can get Med NO
    • Italy can get C. Persia NO
    • Italy can get N. Persia NO
    • Italy can get Iraq NO
    • Italy can get S. Africa and all territories between N. Africa and S. Africa

Cons:  Russia isn’t distracted for 3 rounds.

• The money isn’t bad either

• i say no to sea-lion!  :evil:

• @Cmdr:

Pros:

• National Objective
    • No annoying British ships in the Atlantic
    • No annoying British troops in Africa
    • No annoying British troops in France
    • No annoying British Aircraft
    • England 6 IPC
    • Scotland 2 IPC
    • Don’t have to defend France
    • Italy can get N. Africa NO
    • Italy can get Med NO
    • Italy can get C. Persia NO
    • Italy can get N. Persia NO
    • Italy can get Iraq NO
    • Italy can get S. Africa and all territories between N. Africa and S. Africa

Cons:  Russia isn’t distracted for 3 rounds.

i think UK can hold egypt, depsite losing its capitol. they still can do taranto assault, and reinforce egypt with indian fighters (even in worst case scenario if india falls much sooner than normal, i feel it’s worth it)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

They will lose Egypt.  Maybe not round 1, probably round 5.

• Customizer

Only if UK isn’t defended properly, you have your CA and you nailed the TT in sz106.

• '12

In most of the games that I have played using the Alpha +2 rules, Sea Lion is almost never atempted… if the Uk player goes on the defensive, it is very hard to take London.

Either way, you have to at least threaten Sea Lion with a G1 fleet buy to pull the UK’s resources away from Africa/ the med.  I think that with the current rules setup, Sea Lion is more of an attack of opportunity… you threaten it, and if the UK player does not throw everything into defense of the their capital, then you go for it.

• Just played a game of Global A&A today. I played Japan and Italy, and a friend of mine played germany. I (being used to europe 1940 A&A) said sea lion is a money trap. Now in my opinion sea-lion is twice as effective as a Russian attack, this is because it can eliminate a major allied power very soon in the game. On the other hand if Russia is invaded, than it can offer two quick VCs to the axis cause where a sea-lion would only offer one. So my opinion is split. The one thing I can agree with is that Sea-lion is very viable plan to destroy the allies unlike the lack of time in Europe because of the undivided american attention.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m