Sgt. Wonko's & TMTM's 1940 Global Module for ABattlemap

• @ghr2:

where do i get the original t40?

If you don’t have the original just paste the version 3.1 folder. It has everything you need.

• i dont have a 3.1 folder though, just the RAR file

• Hey Sarge everthought of making a AA Minis mod?

• @ghr2:

i dont have a 3.1 folder though, just the RAR file

Use an extractor to open up the rar file, I use WinRar. Once you have opened the file you will be able to extract the file to the correct location in the Abattlemap. For some computers you may not be able to extract the file directly to the Abattlemap folder and may have to extract it to your desktop and then manually paste it in.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Hey Sarge everthought of making a AA Minis mod?

I haven’t actually, I’ve never played a game of AA mini. I might take a look at it.

• @Sgt.:

@ghr2:

i dont have a 3.1 folder though, just the RAR file

Use an extractor to open up the rar file, I use WinRar. Once you have opened the file you will be able to extract the file to the correct location in the Abattlemap. For some computers you may not be able to extract the file directly to the Abattlemap folder and may have to extract it to your desktop and then manually paste it in.

It does not give me the option to extract

• You need an extractor that extracts .rar files.
    There’s 7zip (at 7zip.com) and there’s one that’s related to WinZip (but is not Winzip, it’s Win something).

Just go to 7zip.com.

• After you have installed WinRar, double-click on the T40 Version 3.1.rar file. WinRar will then activate and a screen will pop up displaying a folder labeled T40. The second button from the top left says Extract To, this is the button you select to extract the folder.

• Hey guys,

Is there a way to “navigate” on the map if my screen isn’t big enough to show the whole map ? I’m at max resolution (1680 x 1050) and I only see this:

Thanks

• Right click and drag.

• Ash, you should get “big pieces” installed.  They’re better looking icons.

• @Pvt.Ryan:

Right click and drag.

I’ve been using this program for years, can’t believe I didn’t know that… Thanks

I’ll look for the big pieces Gamerman01, thanks

• @Ashkayel:

@Pvt.Ryan:

Right click and drag.

I’ve been using this program for years, can’t believe I didn’t know that… Thanks

Big pieces should already be in there… you just need to set Abattlemap to Big peices by click on “View” and select Big peices and then reopen the map.

Another thing I just learned to use is the Ctrl and Shift keys with abattlemap, you can move stacks of 10 by holding the ctrl key and stacks of 5 with the shift.

Also try hitting the -/+ on the keypad for zoom in and out… really nice to zoom out when lots of units in an area that are over lapping.

• @TMTM:

Another thing I just learned to use is the Ctrl and Shift keys with abattlemap, you can move stacks of 10 by holding the ctrl key and stacks of 5 with the shift.

And someone recently told me you can hold Ctrl AND shift together to move whole stacks.  Handy, for my stacks of 50 infantry!

• '10

@gamerman01:

And someone recently told me you can hold Ctrl AND shift together to move whole stacks.  Handy, for my stacks of 50 infantry!

Jeez…it works !
    Nice, a lot of hours are going to be saved with that in the long run.

• @TMTM:

@Ashkayel:

@Pvt.Ryan:

Right click and drag.

Big pieces should already be in there… you just need to set Abattlemap to Big peices by click on “View” and select Big peices and then reopen the map.

Also try hitting the -/+ on the keypad for zoom in and out… really nice to zoom out when lots of units in an area that are over lapping.

Cool thanks ! I had tried setting the Big Pieces on but I didn’t reload the map, so. A few years ago, I think you had to download a certain file to enable de Big Pieces, right ? I kinda like the little pieces, tho :)

As for the -/+, I’m on a laptop, so I don’t have a keypad, and the -/+ between 0 and backspace dont seem to work.

I already knew about the Shift and Ctrl, sooooo handy :)

Thanks

• Ahh in fact I can use the “hidden” keypad (usable with the “function” key) to zoom in and out. Cool !

• @Ashkayel:

I kinda like the little pieces, tho :)

As for the -/+, I’m on a laptop, so I don’t have a keypad, and the -/+ between 0 and backspace dont seem to work.

I started off by using little pieces too, now I can’t switch back to big pieces. And sadly I have the same problem with zooming since I’m playing on a laptop.

• i’m new to abattlemap.  i downloaded the 1940 global module and it looks great.  However, the program crashes frequently especially when i’m moving units.  does anyone else experience this?  is there a way to resolve this?  I did change the map to the smaller sized 10mb file, but i’m still encountering this problem.

Thanks

• @shohoku201:

i’m new to abattlemap.  i downloaded the 1940 global module and it looks great.  However, the program crashes frequently especially when i’m moving units.  does anyone else experience this?  is there a way to resolve this?  I did change the map to the smaller sized 10mb file, but i’m still encountering this problem.

Thanks

Unfortunately some people seem to have an issue with it crashing and others not. The lower file size seems to reduce the crashing but I’ve heard that some people still got it. Other people only had issues when they had multiple copies of battlemap open.

I’ve got a lead on the error message that pops up when it happens but haven’t sorted it out yet.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m