• Cheers!

I’m looking for ways to speed up the game a little bit, and I’m wondering if anyone has tried this or if it is even possible:

It strikes me that one reason why games take long is going all around the players round. I think it would be faster if two players could play their turns at the same time, simultaneously.

I’m guessing the war in Europe and the war in the Pacific follow a parallel path until the US enters the war (and then the parallels intersect). So I’m wondering if is it possible to start playing in the two maps at the same time. By that I mean that German & Japanese player’s could be playing at the same time as if we were playing two different games (one in Europe’s map, and other in the Pacific map) until something happens that brings both maps together (I’m guessing US getting involved in the war, or Japan trying on going after the USSR).

any ideas?

• I’m not sure I understand what you’re meaning.
    You mean start playing a Global Game like two independent games, one in Europe and one in the Pacific and then at some point (like when USA enters the war) melting both games together?  :?

• @Black:

I’m not sure I understand what you’re meaning.
    You mean start playing a Global Game like two independent games, one in Europe and one in the Pacific and then at some point (like when USA enters the war) melting both games together?  :?

YES! that is exacly. I couldn’t have said it better!  :-D
    actually, I couldn’t  :-o

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Just let Russia move it’s eastern pieces as soon as the German turn starts.

For the rest of the game, if you keep this mentality,  more or less what happens, is Germany and Japan go at the same time.

The same is said for UK and ANZAC,  if you have these responsibilities given to DIFFERENT players, the turns are simultaneous.

And let Russia play France and China,  so France and China are done before the U.S. Finish.

Instead of an hour a round, you get about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes a round.

• Try the Cone of Silence

• @Idi:

Try the Cone of Silence

As said in your other thread, most people seem to prefer actually talking to each other over making the game a little shorter.

• @Ruanek:

@Idi:

Try the Cone of Silence

As said in your other thread, most people seem to prefer actually talking to each other over making the game a little shorter.

Yeah, it’s also a social thing.
    And thinking about the situation is part of the fun (well, it is for me)

Some turns take more thinking than others (for example when there are many moves that need to be in sync)
    So: get a chess clock, that way at least both parties have about the same time

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m