• There was one dude who after rolling poorly would throw his dice, and then we told him he should get a hammer and smash them for doing what they did to him, after all his strat. was ok it was the dice that let him down.  Sure enough the next week he was smashing dice with his hammer.
    Needless to say we never asked him to join our group
    I say yes to the dice Idol  maybe fuzzy ones hanging on a rear view mirror or a huge gold colored one on a trophy stand    Interesting  I now wonder if people would worship it

• Sponsor

I used to throw my dice in anger all the time, but I guess people can change, because I havn’t done that in years.

• Sorry If I offended any one. this would have been 1985 in Stillwater  Oklahoma  I dont think it was you Young Grasshopper

• Sponsor

@suprise:

Sorry If I offended any one. this would have been 1985 in Stillwater  Oklahoma  I dont think it was you Young Grasshopper

I wasn’t suggesting that I was the guy you were talking about….lol, I have lived in Canada my whole life. There are lots of players out there that throw their dice in anger.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Someone tried and failed to knife me, over a game of Conquest of the Empire (We were playing outside and blame the sun).  That’s about as extreme as I’ve ever seen it get.

• Sponsor

@Gargantua:

Someone tried and failed to knife me, over a game of Conquest of the Empire (We were playing outside and blame the sun).  That’s about as extreme as I’ve ever seen it get.

Years ago, I had a dream that I was playing a serial killer in an A&A game and the loser had to commit suicide. I won, but I think the victory had something to do with the metaphysical law about how you can’t die in a dream.

but I think the victory had something to do with the metaphysical law about how you can’t die in a dream

LOLOLOL  Could you imagine if you had lost?  He was a SK anyways… too busy thinking about killing instead of playing A&A.

I would play someone the game - for their life. Haha!

To go back ontopic Alpha 3+ is the only way to play, that’s the last LH approved ruleset!

• I use the Alpha 3 setup with several minor differences (airbases on malta, extra fighter that was removed from France in London) and a few major ones aimed at making the game more historic. I play the mongolian rule as if Japan attacks ANY Soviet tt then Mongolia becomes Soviet and I have reduced the value of Timguska to 0IPC and increased Yakuts to 2IPC. I have also kept the rule that either side that gets attacked will get 12IPC to spend immediately. It helps balance the other unstable Soviet F.E. front.

@Gargantua:

I would play someone the game - for their life. Haha!

I believe that it says in some mythos that you can challange the Grim Reaper to a game of your choosing when he comes to take you and if beat him you get a reprieve. The amount of time it would take to play a full game of A&A1940 against death would take so long it would be like a reprieve in and of itself!  :lol:

Hmm… The Angel of Death will come play “Your” game hey?

I wonder how the dice would roll lololol… would you end up owing Lady Luck?  Can the GR read your mind?  He would probably move pieces around on the board without touching them.

That’s kind of freaky man…  I would play as the allies, all the time, you would never lose.

• Sponsor

I also prefer playing the latest rules by the book, and I enjoy creating house rules as a hobby even if they never get played.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m