• Also, remember that you must use blue boats on 5th row to represent french fleet … I think that I’ll change that in the next update, because I have a more intuitive idea (and also a way to calculate the german supersubs convoy damage)

• 2007 AAR League

@Stoney229:

@Emperor:

I’ve downloaded the 1.02 update G40 folder, but it’s not calculating Convoy damage.  Other people say it is, am I missing something?

You have to show that the two powers are at war in the “at war” matrix in the toolbar before the damage shows.

The matrix shows all powers at war that should be, but no joy…

@Funcioneta2:

Also, remember that you must use blue boats on 5th row to represent french fleet … I think that I’ll change that in the next update, because I have a more intuitive idea (and also a way to calculate the german supersubs convoy damage)

I completely don’t understand, can you post a screen shot.

• @Emperor:

@Stoney229:

@Emperor:

I’ve downloaded the 1.02 update G40 folder, but it’s not calculating Convoy damage.  Other people say it is, am I missing something?

You have to show that the two powers are at war in the “at war” matrix in the toolbar before the damage shows.

@Funcioneta2:

Also, remember that you must use blue boats on 5th row to represent french fleet … I think that I’ll change that in the next update, because I have a more intuitive idea (and also a way to calculate the german supersubs convoy damage)

ABattlemap doesn’t (currently) support convoy damage (or more specifically, the at-war status necessary for convoy damage) for any powers beyond the 8th.  Since France is the 9th power, that means it’s ships can’t do damage.  That is why there are french-colored (blue) ships in the fifth (“India”) row of the toolpieces toolbar… so you have to use the pieces in row five for the french navy instead of the pieces in the main french row.

• @Stoney229:

@Emperor:

@Stoney229:

@Emperor:

@Funcioneta2:

ABattlemap doesn’t (currently) support convoy damage (or more specifically, the at-war status necessary for convoy damage) for any powers beyond the 8th.  Since France is the 9th power, that means it’s ships can’t do damage.  That is why there are french-colored (blue) ships in the fifth (“India”) row of the toolpieces toolbar… so you have to use the pieces in row five for the french navy instead of the pieces in the main french row.

Of course, even if you’re not using the right french ships, convoy damage should be working for the rest of the powers.  If it’s not, idk what to tell you… ABattlemap is a very simple program so idk how this feature could work on one person’s module and not another, unless you have changed some of your module’s files (including using the sector edittor).  Does it work for any of the powers?  does it work for any of the territories?  Are you sure you have the latest version of the module (v1.02)?  Are you sure you have the latest version of ABattlemap??

Come to think of it, your version of ABattlemap may be the culprit… support for convoy damage was only recently added.  Are you sure you have the latest version installed?

• 2007 AAR League

@Stoney229:

@Stoney229:

@Emperor:

@Stoney229:

@Emperor:

@Funcioneta2:

Of course, even if you’re not using the right french ships, convoy damage should be working for the rest of the powers.  If it’s not, idk what to tell you… ABattlemap is a very simple program so idk how this feature could work on one person’s module and not another, unless you have changed some of your module’s files (including using the sector edittor).  Does it work for any of the powers?  does it work for any of the territories?  Are you sure you have the latest version of the module (v1.02)?  Are you sure you have the latest version of ABattlemap??

Come to think of it, your version of ABattlemap may be the culprit… support for convoy damage was only recently added.  Are you sure you have the latest version installed?

I think I have the latest.

G40.jpg

• @Emperor:

@Stoney229:

@Stoney229:

@Emperor:

@Stoney229:

@Emperor:

@Funcioneta2:

I think I have the latest.

That looks like the latest module, but do you have the latest version of the ABattlemap program?:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/djkingzm3in/ABattleMapv0_80+.zip
    Just replace your existing ABattlemap.exe with the one in the download.

• 2007 AAR League

Thanks, that fixed the problem.

• @Funcioneta:

Hi! Stoney, in one week or so, I’ll be free of exams, so I can end the work regarding to G40 module. I’ll probably have time to do also the E40 one. What do you think?

I wonder if we should ask to Attila to solve the problem with the maximun powers to do convoy raid (I mean, AABattlemap engine issue) …

Glad you’ll be able to finish your work!  I also am hoping to be able to finish my module soon, but I can’t be sure yet if I will be able to.

I read somewhere that you will be making it according to the OOB rules?  If you make yours for the OOB rules and I make mine for the alpha rules, then people will be able to use both our modules… but if you wanted to make yours for alpha also even if I do, that’s fine to.

I know you began this as a provisional work, but you have done a great job and a lot of work and I appreciate it very much!  I assume you will be wanting to finish what you started now regardless of whether or not I choose to finish mine, but if that is not the case, you can feel free to pm me any time you want to check what the status is on my progress.

Unfortunately, Attila has become busy and I think lost interest in the project, but I am very grateful he took the time to now release his code as open-source and upload it on sourceforge.  There is another member of the community here who is hoping to continue work on the project and fix several things that need fixed (convoy damage support for >8 powers probably included).  He is currently busy with school, but hopes to begin working on it in July.

@Commando:

Stoney, yes. Whatever players are using to play A&A Europe 1940 and A&A Global online. That is the battlemap I’m looking for. For whatever reason, I’d followed the instructions and can’t get it to load. Can you walk me through the step by step process to get it installed? Thanks VERY much in advance!

1. Download the module from the link in the first post.
    2. extract the G40.gim folder from the download.
    3. move the G40.gim folder to the ABattlemap folder (usually located C:\Program Files\ABattleMap) with all the other .GIM folders.
      4)Open ABattlemap, click the “New” menu, and you should see “Axis & Allies: Global 1940 v1.02” in the list of modules

If you need further help, please respond with what step(s) you need help with and include what operating system you are using.

PS- Func, perhaps you can copy these steps into your first post in place of the paragraph that says to rename the module to F40.gim (b/c that’s no longer accurate)?

• I for one am not at all interested in an OOB game, ever.  I would think it wasted effort to concentrate on finishing a battlemap module for OOB, unless there are actually people who will want to play that…  I mean, Larry Harris has virtually admitted that OOB needed a facelift, what with all his work on changing it.  It’s not like he just threw some optional rules out there for an alternative to OOB - he gave it a complete overhaul.

So please, concentrate on the current, latest rules.  Surely it’s very close to where it will finally end up, so only very minor tweaks will be needed.  I would help, if I can in any way, but I’m not an experienced programmer or graphics artist.

• Sorry, Gamer  :-), but I’m not going to make any effort in an unstable version like the alpha series. I’ll make a clean, final module for the version that they sold us, and that’s all. When a definitive, final and official version is released, then I’ll wait like 2-3 months to add the FAQ changes and then, and only then, when I’m totally sure that no more changes are expected, I’ll do a new module with all the massive changes

It’s a matter of principles. Testing must be done before selling a game, not after, unless of course that one releases the game for free, but this is not the case. If we test the game for free, none of the future games will be released complete

• @Stoney229:

Glad you’ll be able to finish your work!  I also am hoping to be able to finish my module soon, but I can’t be sure yet if I will be able to.

I read somewhere that you will be making it according to the OOB rules?  If you make yours for the OOB rules and I make mine for the alpha rules, then people will be able to use both our modules… but if you wanted to make yours for alpha also even if I do, that’s fine to.

That’s good … having both versions will make all the people happy. However, you risk having to modify the alpha module each moth or so

• @Stoney229:

I know you began this as a provisional work, but you have done a great job and a lot of work and I appreciate it very much!  I assume you will be wanting to finish what you started now regardless of whether or not I choose to finish mine, but if that is not the case, you can feel free to pm me any time you want to check what the status is on my progress.

PS- Func, perhaps you can copy these steps into your first post in place of the paragraph that says to rename the module to F40.gim (b/c that’s no longer accurate)?

Thanks! I’ll update the first post when I release the clean version

• 2007 AAR League

Funcioneta\Stoney-

Thanks guys for all your efforts.  Abattlemap is a great program and I can’t imagine trying to play here without it.  Larry and the guys certainly have made your job harder this time out.

Just about everyone here has abandoned OOB and Alpah1, if you could expedite the Alpha2 version you’d make a lot of people here very happy,  I for one look forward to not having to calculate NO’s just flag the appropriate box!

Again thanks for all your efforts, through all these variations.

• OK, the work to finish OOB has started … my first task is being polish the graphics. For me, that’s the hard and tedious part!  :lol: I’ll name the next update 1.03, then I’ll let a time pass to let all of you discover possible fails and then I’ll release a final, 1.1. version with all the possible corrections

I’m going to make a plain style of graphics for the map. If there is a thing that I hate is unnecesary labels such territory abreviatures mixing with my units and confusing my eyes … keyword here is playability. Since AABattlemap shows you wich territory are you pointing, I think that territory names have to be deleted from the map

The VCs are another stuff … I could add the star that they had in AA50, add circles for VCs and squares for capitals (like the real map) or simply ignore all the point. I have to decide this

I’m trying to keep the same color feeling that 1.02 version had. That means that the colors will be as near as the original as I can in Pacific, and exactly the same as in Europe half. However, as Com. Jennifer suggested, I have to rethink the ocean’s color a bit to avoid confusion with France … we can need our eyes in the future  :lol:

The thing has more nasty issues that seems at first sight … matching both maps in all points (the one from AABattlemap gathers info and the map that we see) is a bit tedious … one more reason to ignore alpha until is solid! And the new NOs would add more ‘fun’ to the thing  :|

Caspian Sea will be ascended to her new status of normal sz (and will be renamed as z128). Also, I need a solid confirmation about if the canadian territories limit with USA, and how. Finally, I’ll pass the temptation of add a name for all the SZs … because I could be weak and name z66 ‘Magallanes Strait’  8-)

I could add a convoy raid marker to solve german supersubs and french boats issues

• The Map

Alberta/Saskatchewan/Manitoba and Central United States are adjacent to each other.

Quebec and New Brunswick/Nova Scotia are adjacent to each other.

Sea zone 106 and Eastern United States are not adjacent to each other.

Greenland is an island.

Scotland and Eire are adjacent to each other.

The Caspian Sea is a sea zone.

This is a quote of Krieghund on 1/26/11 on Harris’ Design website, for your use, Func.  These include the rulings on the North American borders between US and Canada.

• Important: seems that USA’s fleet lacks 1 bb at West Coast. I’ll fix this in 1.03, but remember add it when playing OOB 1.02 (note added in first post). The fleet at z10 should have 1 BB, not zero as now

• I can’t get the A&A Global map to appear in the New drop down window when I launch the Battlemap. I can see the A&A Pacific version, along with all the other versions but the A&A Global map options does not appear. Can someone help? Thanks!

• PM sent to Commando Bravo

• Functioneta, my prettier looking maps are just about done.  I just need to do the sector maps and adjust the NO markers for Alpha 2.

• @pitheist314:

Functioneta, my prettier looking maps are just about done.  I just need to do the sector maps and adjust the NO markers for Alpha 2.

Then, talk to Stoney. He is doing the work with alpha series while I’m finishing OOB

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m