• I never asked for a list

• both of you shutup- I’m the best :wink:

• yeah, right after me!  :mrgreen: :-D

okay, back to topic.
    what about sealion 1.0?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Nothing about it.

We can’t barely speculate on it, until Larry has a final revision of the Global setup - and it’s made official.

Until then, just play to win.

• '13

Ships have historically been TWO letter abbreviations, not three.

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

That’s right,

They all blow chunks, because they use the 2 letter system.  The sheer lunacy of the system restricts their strategic potential.

I’ve beaten BadSpell, Gamerman, Working on Blitz now…  Challenged IL but he won’t play.

Certainly haven’t lost to any of the above.  And I kicked your a s s too.

It’s the way 2 letter players think - two dementional, and lazy. Without forethought, poise, or consistency.  It’s just not good enough.  True Axis and Allies players use the 3 letter - all encompassing system - so that any and ALL can understand, and see thier might in the open.

My challenge goes out to ALL who dare to oppose my view, especially those you have name and as I said, I’d wager my game on it.  My 3 vs your 2.  They are too cowardly to accept. (Save Blitz who is doomed!)

Axis and Allies is for everyone, a community, our games are public for every person to view and understand.  Not restricted for the pomp few who live by an archaic and unprogressed system.

Might as well use numbers instead of the 2L system if you don’t agree,  1, 2, 3X 10 to territory 22 vs 2x4, 1, 3, 4x7  Wow awesome hey?

I use the 2 letter abbreviation.

I recall being challenged to AAP40, and the game having been forfiet over lack of response.  Hmm … who was that guy that abondoned that game?  … can’t remember.  Started with a ‘G’, I think.

• Customizer

By the way, Merry Christmas!

:-)

• @jim010:

@Gargantua:

That’s right,

They all blow chunks, because they use the 2 letter system.  The sheer lunacy of the system restricts their strategic potential.

I’ve beaten BadSpell, Gamerman, Working on Blitz now…  Challenged IL but he won’t play.

Certainly haven’t lost to any of the above.  And I kicked your a s s too.

It’s the way 2 letter players think - two dementional, and lazy. Without forethought, poise, or consistency.  It’s just not good enough.  True Axis and Allies players use the 3 letter - all encompassing system - so that any and ALL can understand, and see thier might in the open.

My challenge goes out to ALL who dare to oppose my view, especially those you have name and as I said, I’d wager my game on it.  My 3 vs your 2.  They are too cowardly to accept. (Save Blitz who is doomed!)

Axis and Allies is for everyone, a community, our games are public for every person to view and understand.  Not restricted for the pomp few who live by an archaic and unprogressed system.

Might as well use numbers instead of the 2L system if you don’t agree,  1, 2, 3X 10 to territory 22 vs 2x4, 1, 3, 4x7  Wow awesome hey?

I use the 2 letter abbreviation.

I recall being challenged to AAP40, and the game having been forfiet over lack of response.  Hmm … who was that guy that abondoned that game?  … can’t remember.  Started with a ‘G’, I think.

If you were Japan, he’ll make the excuse that that game doesn’t count since it’s heavily unbalanced.

Merry Newtonmas to you too.

• @17Mark71:

Ships have historically been TWO letter abbreviations, not three.

But, as devil’s advocate, I doubt they abbreviated fighter planes as ftr and infantrymen as inf.

• Customizer

If you were Japan, he’ll make the excuse that that game doesn’t count since it’s heavily unbalanced.

He wanted Allies at the time, as it was thought that I was full of it concerning the India Crush.  Just as many think my Sealion is a waste of time.

• Customizer

Not sure abolut the sarcasm there, but I am genuinely wishing happy holidays, as I’m in a good mood.

• @jim010:

Not sure abolut the sarcasm there, but I am genuinely wishing happy holidays, as I’m in a good mood.

I’m also wishing happy holidays, using a different “holiday”

• Merry Newtonmas??? Seriously, get over it.

Merry CHRIST-mas
    Hopefully I’m offensive :wink:

• happy jezusmas

• happy new year!

i want to bring in another interesting fact. once i played the allies in a pbem-game. the axis-player took UK in round 4 absolutely with no chance of failling.
    and i never intended to retake it as the allies. and actually could manage my forces to threaten the axis on several fronts (as uk itself, germany, the french shores of the channel, italy etc.) by massively summoning american troops near gibraltar (10 transports, fleet, planes).
    (if i wouln´t have made a mistake my opponent would have cancelled the game, he saw no chance for winning sake of he underestimated the defence-abilities of the USSR.)

this said, i think: let the german take over uk. this material there is wasted. wasted in the manner not being able to knock out russia.

what you guys think?

rock`n roll

p.s. as the allies i killed the starting german fleet and managed to take out most of the luftwaffe. i stationed some subs at uk do decrease the income to 2 ipc for the british isles. and: i like to use kind of guerilla tactics which means taking a important country as norway just for forcing germany to divide its armies. usually this works quite well.

• Did you allow italy to take most of the british territories so you could retake (and claim) them with the USA?

I think if you can smother the UK IPC’s with american subs then it might indeed be a good idea to leave britain for what it is. And with some threatening forces closeby (who don’t have to go in) you might even make Germany buy units to stock in the UK, which is good for Russia.

• no, only in northern africa. italy has been defeated in egypt. big lucky moment in this very game, so germany had to go fully for russia and got threatened in w.germany…so… :-D

• Waw, hard on the italians… but that means there are a lot of allied IPC’s not in use in the game.

I think unless most British territories are lost (and for grabs for USA) i’d still go for retaking UK (especially in this case where Egypt didn’t fall), unless there is another urgent plan or good idea in progress at that moment.

edit: also for team punching (1-2) UK is enough valuable to be liberated,  i think

• yeah, i saw that too. the factory in n.italy got bombed to 12 damage-points. and my idea has been, to go to s.italy, although there were plenty italian troops in n.italy (near 15 inf etc.). just for taking away one round of cash (20 ipc) from italy. germany would have had to protect italy as well, which means that a landing in britain after that could have been more attractive.

what do you think?

see below: map

plan.AAM

• Keep in mind that there is up to 12 IPC of convoy points in SZ97.

Seizing a capital is always really good, even if you get booted out the next turn :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m