• TripleA

Hey.  I’ve been trying to get into Gametableonline just to get some extra games under my belt.  The game there is 1942 Revised I think.  Pretty good, don’t really care about the graphics of the whole thing cause it’s functional.

Just wondering if there are any other options like this, even to play Global, that I’m not aware of.

Sorry if this is a dumb question/thread.

• I’ve never heard of anyone playing Global online realtime like you can play at GTO.  TripleA is the option of choice for many (has AA50 clone), but I understand they won’t have 1940 in the foreseeable future.

It’s good to know how to play by forum, because if a game exists (or if it’s soon to exist  :-D) we can play it.  No computer application needed.

• TripleA

Details on playing via forum please.

• Whooohh…. <drawing deep=“” breath=“”>That’s a big request.  I looked for you, for a summary of how to PBF but no one stickied any of those threads to the top (so they’re buried).

Here’s my advice.  Start a post in the “Player help” section that says you want to learn to play by forum and someone will probably give you a link to instructions, or a thread that talks about it.

I just learned by doing.  Learn some abbreviations (DD = destroyer, e.g.) and some common protocols, and how to roll dice, and you’re pretty much good to go.  Oh, and you need to download the Battlemap module (this is the hardest part).  Again, post your questions in player help, and someone can track down the info for you.

PBF has been my #1 hobby ever since AA50 came out in November 2008.  It looks intimidating at first, but is actually a pretty fast and convenient way to play.  Biggest benefit is you don’t have to stay glued to the screen for 6 hours straight (like GTO), you can play for 15-45 minutes at a time.  Also, once you find people you like to play with, you can play them repeatedly.</drawing>

• You might be able to learn by watching.  Go to the “Play Boardgames” area of the boards, and open up a game thread.

That’s another cool thing about PBF - you can look at others games at any point during the game.  Also, all games are stored on the server so you can go back and look any time.  Like when players are talking about some strat on the boards, you can say hey, look at how it worked for me in this game - and point to the Game by Forum….  It’s pretty cool.

• easy solution, donate to TripleA

• @MaherC:

easy solution, donate to TripleA

I’m sure that’s just what he was looking for.  A way to spend his money.

• he dropped whatever on e40/g40, why not drop 5$ at tripleA?

• TripleA

@MaherC:

he dropped whatever on e40/g40, why not drop 5$ at tripleA?

probably because he has not played on tripleA before. anyone that has played with tripleA will realize that it is awesome and would donate.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m