• Had this situation yesterday…

India is occupied by Japan. 
    China moved into Kwangtung.
    China takes control of kwangtung as India is occupied
    Is China able to deploy its purchases into Kwangtung per the Chineese mobilization rules?

• Official Q&A

No.  Kwangtung is not a Chinese territory.

• @Krieghund:

So it has to be an “original” chinese territory.
    China would however recieve the income from Kwangtung as India is occupied correct?

• @leddux:

@Krieghund:

So it has to be an “original” chinese territory.
    China would however recieve the income from Kwangtung as India is occupied correct?

Yes, China can receive income from Hong Kong when India’s capital is under Axis control.

You can put questions in the FAQ thread at the top of this forum.

• China does not recive the income for Kwangtung (or Burma) if you read the rules carefuly.

pg 9. Kwangtung and Burma are special cases. While they are not Chinese territories and cannot be controlled by China, Chinese forces can attack Axis units there and occupy them, but the IPCs generated go to the United Kingdom (unless India is under Axis control). These are the only two non-Chinese territories that Chinese units can occupy.

The prase “unless India is under Axis control” means.
    If UK holds India, then collect these IPCs
    If UK does not hold India, then do not collect these IPCs. (as per normal fallen capital rules)

Do not read “unless India is under Axis control” and think it implies that “instead it goes to China” beacuse that is not in the rules.

Sorry if I sound like I have a stick up my ass but I have had a lot of discussions about this in my gaming group

• Official Q&A

The wording of that passage isn’t the best.  While a strict reading of it indicates that China can never control those territories and receive their income, that doesn’t fit within the context of the rules on capitals held by the enemy, which would indicate that China may do so under those circumstances.  This should probably be addressed in the FAQ, as the intent was that those general rules should apply.

• @Krieghund:

This should probably be addressed in the FAQ, as the intent was that those general rules should apply.

Should definitely!  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m