Russia's National Objective Met by Declaring War on Japan?

1. I’m pretty sure that USSR can afford send a mech inf to activate Persia, specially because round 1 and probably also round 2 Germany will not attack

2. You need send the Moscow aa gun to China. That’s a must at least until that Larry’s official fix deleting japanese aircraft is released, and probably even then because LArry is not planning add a aagun to China (or Siberia f

3. Japan doesn’t need a full attack on Siberia: just trading Amur could work, and if USSR dares to stack too near, it will force Japan to make a massive airstrike just to prevent that they attack Manchuria and Korea

USSR has many incentives to DOW Japan (they don’t need a real attack, just the DOW) and they have zero reasons to not do so because Japan can attack when they want without any penalty

Japan has small incentives to not DOW USSR (China’s aid and not activating the soviet NO - when FAQ is released, they will have even less incentives to not DOW), but they know that USSR incentives to DOW them are greater and that nothing stops them from DOWing, so it’s better for Japan DOW anyway (if USSR for some reason doesn’t do first) and start trading Amur

• @Funcioneta:

1. I’m pretty sure that USSR can afford send a mech inf to activate Persia, specially because round 1 and probably also round 2 Germany will not attack

2. You need send the Moscow aa gun to China. That’s a must at least until that Larry’s official fix deleting japanese aircraft is released, and probably even then because LArry is not planning add a aagun to China (or Siberia f

3. Japan doesn’t need a full attack on Siberia: just trading Amur could work, and if USSR dares to stack too near, it will force Japan to make a massive airstrike just to prevent that they attack Manchuria and Korea

USSR has many incentives to DOW Japan (they don’t need a real attack, just the DOW) and they have zero reasons to not do so because Japan can attack when they want without any penalty

Japan has small incentives to not DOW USSR (China’s aid and not activating the soviet NO - when FAQ is released, they will have even less incentives to not DOW), but they know that USSR incentives to DOW them are greater and that nothing stops them from DOWing, so it’s better for Japan DOW anyway (if USSR for some reason doesn’t do first) and start trading Amur

Surely it is better for the UK to take Persia on its first turn with the transport in the Med, and then move back with additional units to help hold Egypt. I don’t think the economy gain of 2 is that big a deal for a USSR that starts at 37, whereas it is a much bigger boost for the UK, with the possibility of building a factory to counterstrike Axis movement in Egypt/Southern Russia/India.

• I agree.  I always take Persia with UK asap

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m