• Nicely done. I need to print it for my next game, although with all the new games it will be a long time before I play 1942 on board.

Love the size of Switzerland  :-D

• Everything is supposed to look OOB because most people prefer everything looking stock. All future maps will be presented this way, however my Global 1939 map is much more accurate in this regard.

• '10

I had a hard time finding a local store to print one out for me so I printed a map out on canvas from uprinting.com.

Went 60x30 and it cost $92. I little higher than what is on here, but it was the cheapest I could find online.

The only problem is that you can only upload 100 MB, and the Supreme map is a little larger than that. I definitely like the OOB look of this like IL said, but really a bigger map was all I was after.

Hope this helps anyone who might need it.

• @Col.:

The only problem is that you can only upload 100 MB, and the Supreme map is a little larger than that.

What was your solution for the 100MB problem? Also I’m assuming they take your order and ship it to you in the mail…? I’ll have to check if they ship to APOs. I don’t feel like hassling with Koreans to try and print it out, it’ll probably fall apart in less than a week  :|

• It is 191 MB and cant be reduced.

Just search internet for cheap per sq ft price for print.

I use www.aaaflagandbanner.com

• '10

I just used a differnet map. Would have liked to use IL’s, but couldn’t. The few times I’ve played on it I haven’t noticed anything falling apart or fraying. Looks pretty solid.

You might even be able to get around the 100 MB upload if you contact them.

• @Imperious:

It is 191 MB and cant be reduced.

Just search internet for cheap per sq ft price for print.

I use www.aaaflagandbanner.com

Their URL is actually www.aaaflag.com

• Customizer

Wow… this is just what that edition needs!  No more cramped quarters and tipping over stacks.  I’m looking into printing this out as well  :-D

• I’ve been trying to find a printing source for the IL’s great board/map - but the prices!

Well over $100 at the three places I’ve checked. Does anyone have a suggestion?

• Look on the internet for online outlets.

• The link didn’t have the supreme map, so I took IL’s other 1942 (no neturals) and sent it to a shop by my place. I opted not to use paper or canvas since I was looking for something spill-proof and could be rolled up so I asked them to do it on vinyl. The original PDF file was 72x36, but that was a little big for me so I had them reduce it to 60x30. Cost was $60.

I didn’t think it was worth the money until we played the first game on it. Never going back to that crowded Europe start ever again! Sorry the pictures all too bad, don’t know how to resize and the quality isn’t that good either since it came from my blackberry.

• Those sneaky Japs deployed the most feared unit of all…. Kittens… The bastards!

• @McLovin1985:

Those sneaky Japs deployed the most feared unit of all…. Kittens… The bastards!

Yeah, unfortunetly since it just came off the press it still had that new ‘smell’. I had moved my kitten off of it like 5 times but he just wouldn’t stay off so I just left him there. They’re fearless!

• Looks like the Cat is ready to ‘doo’ something on China. Where is his catbox?

• Ha, you must have a cat. He does look like he’s in the pooping position and I was really hoping that he wouldn’t try to mark the map.

Thanks again for your hard work IL. let me know if i can help you out with anything.

• Just printed IL’s Supreme map the other day. The map is impressive enough while looking at just the file, but the crisp graphics are more impressive while looking at actual printed map. Even caught my roommate down there gazing at it, although I think he just likes the fresh vinyl smell (he’s weird like that) This might sound kind of corny, but It’s been sort of a life goal to have a massive Axis & Allies game map. Thanks Imperious Leader! I took it to Staples and had it printed full size on their sturdy outdoor vinyl, which set me back $125. I’m sure there was cheaper places to get this printed, but that’s where I usually go for stuff, and comfortable dealing with girls who work in there.

Anyway, my first game will be this weekend and I’ll be playing with people with little to no AA experience so I hope I can introduce the game to some new people here and re-introduce it to the others. I would have loved to print out the AA50 map, or play on the Global map, but don’t want to scare anyone away at this point. AA42 is intimidating enough so I’m starting them all off on the easy map.

• Awsome !  Great setup.

• very nice. Should make IL proud.

• Thats fantastic!

I love the fact that you took my advice and got it printed in the proper material. IMO that 16 weight vinyl is the best material, aside from mouse pad material that i am getting a print of in a week. I will post pics when i get it.

Also, The ammo box looks great ( I got one too) and the pool table is perfect as well.

• Thanks IL, the pool table worked out perfectly for this map. Just enough room for the trays. I think even your maps that are a full 3’ wide should be ok as well if I slide the top edge of the map under the trays an inch or two.

Yeah, the outdoor vinyl was definitely the way to go. In fact that was their default choice for printing this. The indoor stuff is what you see some of Staple signs made out of around the store and you’ll notice that it feels more plasticy and alot of the signs have crinckles and dents on them. Another thing to note was that not all Staples stores in the area had the nice wide-format printer for printing on vinyl. My local store said they’d have to send the job out, but if I went to the store in the next town they could do it in-store. After I gave them the file, the job was ready to be picked up the next day. Pretty painless process. I was really expecting a lot steeper price tag for this judging by some of the other reports from people, but I felt the price was very reasonable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m