• We decided to play some Spring 1942 last night because it was quicker to play than AA50.  Yea right.  6 hours later the Allies came out victorious.  Here are some pics using IL’s 1942 map.  SOOOOOOOOO much better than using the game board.  We had several onlookers from the local hobby store.  Sorry for the low res images.  I forgot my camera so I used my phone.  Not too bad for a camera phone.

Thanks again to IL for making such great maps.

Brian
    www.TheDiceTurret.com

• I can see how this glare can be of issue under specific light. But this may be particular to the material used.

Yea and you are welcome.

• When we were playing there wasn’t any glare.  I think it was the angle of my camera and the cheesy led flash (not really a flash) that caused the glare for photos only.

It was perfect and the small board will never be used gain.

The only downside was we had to use 2 x 6ft tables for the map.  So much wider than a regular table.  But it was worth it.

Thanks again,
    Brian
    www.TheDiceTurret.com

• Is this IL’s 1942 map file or the supreme Map file

• The 1942 map.  I haven’t printed the supreme map yet.

• I just printed mine out today, and its actually laminated and currently not on a board. I was wondering, is yours glued to a board? If so, what kind of board/material is it? As of now I’m debating if I should leave it laminated so its easy to roll up and take around or glue it to a board so it can be straight and not move around. Unless of course, it can fold easily like the actual board haha. Still, any input would be appreciated before I make a decision.

• No lamination and no board for me.  I printed it on Polypro plastic paper.  Once dry, it’s virtually tear and water proof.

I have a 44" wide printer at work and print other stuff as well.  The paper I got from a local supplier.  I may try some other stuff when IL breaks out the WORLD MAP he’s working on.

Brian

• Thank you so much for the pics!  That is very nice of you.  I really enjoyed the pics.  I am now giving serious thought to printing out his map.  I’m glad you enjoyed the game.

Use the supreme map file. It is much better. Check it out.

• i tried to print out IL’s map my self a couple times but just cant seem to get the whole map out like it will only print the middle eastern and a little bit of russia and asia all in 1 square but i cant get any other parts of the map :? :? :-(  :|

• '10

What are the explosion(?) pieces in the later pictures? I’m guessing it’s an explosion and smoke cloud. Are they more for show, or do you incorporate them into the game?

• [/qWhat are the explosion(?) pieces in the later pictures? I’m guessing it’s an explosion and smoke cloud. Are they more for show, or do you incorporate them into the game?uote] yeah i was wondering this as well.

• They indicate battles that will be fought.

• They are the medium sized ones from Litko.  The small ones are too small.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m