Axis or Allies Wins in Those Who Have Played Global…List them here.

• Alright, seriously there is a big argument going about whether or not Italy is useless and if the Axis can even win and if the game is broken.  I dont have the game myself, I will get it tomorrow and will leave a massive post on what happens with my game for all you guys to pore over.
    So here, if you have actually played and finished a global game or games can you list who has won them.  Also list what you thought the deciding factor of the games are.  Right now I am assuming 70-30% wins for the Allies.

• 2 games (and one 3 rounder to get used to it…the chinese probably could have won this one…)

Axis won once
    Allies won once

Deciding factor = Dice

• 5 games.

4 allied wins and 1 draw that in retrospect would probably have resulted in a 5th allied win.

Deciding factors:  Bad G1 dice luck, virtually unassailable US economic base.

• @chompers:

5 games.

4 allied wins and 1 draw that in retrospect would probably have resulted in a 5th allied win.

Deciding factors:  Bad G1 dice luck, virtually unassailable US economic base.

What happened in Africa?

• Italy got shut down by the Indian air force 4 of those games, and once by the UK fleet blowing up the Italians the first couple turns.

• @chompers:

Italy got shut down by the Indian air force 4 of those games, and once by the UK fleet blowing up the Italians the first couple turns.

See?  Here is another example of a broken UK Taranto attack.

• Even without the UK1 attack Italy has close to a snowball’s chance in hell of taking Egypt with a few extra fighters from India landing to back it up.

• @chompers:

Even without the UK1 attack Italy has close to a snowball’s chance in hell of taking Egypt with a few extra fighters from India landing to back it up.

Good. This means the Brits may for once be able to stay rich

• I have no problem with them remaining relevant as long as they have to spend some IPC’s to do so.  As it stands, they don’t (at least not in Africa)

• IMO, the global game will never show it’s full potential as long as the Pacific setup won’t be fixed. By fixed I mean scaling this setup at the same level as that of Europe. At least 2/3 of the aircrafts have to be removed along with a few land troops here and there (and a lot of troops from the ugly stack in eastern Russia). Only then, the game will have some chances of being balanced (and fun).

I can’t believe Larry never saw this coming when he approved the official setup in the Pacific game. Its current attempts at trying to balance the Pacific game are like putting a plaster on a cancer.

At least now I’m conviced to try my modified setup at my first global game.

• I dunno, without the Japs having some real teeth to their starting army (perhaps not in the form of 5 billion planes) they won’t be able to keep pace with the US economy and will fall far short of Moscow in the same time frame that the Allies are crushing Europe.

• I@chompers:

I dunno, without the Japs having some real teeth to their starting army (perhaps not in the form of 5 billion planes) they won’t be able to keep pace with the US economy and will fall far short of Moscow in the same time frame that the Allies are crushing Europe.

With the allies adequately powered-down, it is probably possible to give the japanese the time to cause enough damage to give them a chance.

• I have been playing axis and allies for a few years, and have always found axis on the ropes to be common, doing well early on happens but Germany is in the end fighting 2 and a half powers (UK/USSR, and mild attacks from US in most cases). So yeah, they are outnumbered, and since the US comming into the war sealed the deal (it only lasted as long as it did because the US had to prep to go into the war, and if the armed forces they controlled in mid 44 existed in 41, things would have been very different). I almost feel like Risk players are complaining it isnt on equal footing, but as someone who enjoys history, I like seeing a game where I have to fight tooth and nail to get an axis victory. Also, seeing as some people spent so long screaming japs are broken, maybe he overcompensated this time resulting in your current position on the subject. I will personally have fun learning how to dominate the allies, and happy victory wasnt handed to me, cause if it was, why would I play? And no, I dont think Allies have it handed to them either, as they still need skill, and above all else, luck.

• 3 games… 2 allied wins but then our 3 best players played the axis and won as the axis… it seems that the only way to win is to do sealion… I only say that because briton can destroy the italian fleet and buy an ic in egypt making it impregnable… and take some fighters from india… but it is possible to win with a good italy player (me) makin $45 a turn. Italy has the potential to do great things… if it can get past egypt. Or at least thats what happened in my expperiance

• One and one. Couple semi starts to try things out.

The axis seem to need the more experienced players to win while interesting enough if england is played by a newb the allies might suffer a fatal blow on round two.

Anyone try a glancing blow at stalingrad with the german army then turn south through th :-oe caucasus to india?

• Played one, allied won.

A few rule mistake/interpretations were made.

In the end, it all came down to Italy having massive bad dice in Egypt, Japan suffering horrendous ground troop casualties on mainland Asia and Germany’s Russia attack petering out before Moscow.

• One game Axis won.

germany push the russian and after sealion
    the Us conter-attack on great-britain=liberate
    but germany landing is reserve troops.
    italia take Cairo and survive
    japan take Hong-Kong,
    Manilla and Sidney

• @GODLEADER:

One game Axis won.

germany push the russian and after sealion
    the Us conter-attack on great-britain=liberate
    but germany landing is reserve troops.
    italia take Cairo and survive
    japan take Hong-Kong,
    Manilla and Sidney

THEN……Try playing from there. Meaning Germany vs. Japan.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

One game, Axis win.

Germany destroyed brit fleet  G1, feigned sealion, causing pull back of all remaining Britsh ships to Britain.  This allowed Italy to move into Egypt since UK was buying all men and ships in UK.  Germany continued to buy lots of subs which, with growing air force, kept gutting UK fleets.  Italy attacked USSR first on It3 to open hole in Soviet line of defense, which consisted of 1 inf in each border province and then two reserve counter attack stacks in north and south one province back.  This allowed Germany to move in on G4 with tanks and mech to destroy one of the massive soviet counter forces, leaving almost nothing between german tanks and moscow.  Russia tried to pull forces together to defend moscow but Germany, using Italy again to punch a hole, blitzed to moscow on G5.

Japan was, despite its air force, a serious disappointment.  They never got enough troops in Asia to get momentum.  UK sacrificed Egypt to build up India and stopped Japan cold. The US fleet engaged the Japanese fleet around the carolines in massive, complicated and frustrating battles.  Japan came out on top, but was sorely diminished.

• I haven’t done Global yet, only Europe. Just for the record, I played 1 Europe game that was an Axis win.

Deciding factors: sinking of the Gibraltar fleet on G1, successful G2 Sea Lion (in short, dice for the first couple turns). It was SO much fun to see both of these things, especially since I was Italy.  8-) After Sea Lion I just bulldozed the remaining colonial troops of headless France and headless Britain. I was so successful as Italy I managed to take Stalingrad and win the game!! :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m