• @Imperious:

2. Speaking of strict neutrals, I’m wondering if the Axis taking out Turkey is a good option.  Actually, I found the rules about the Turkish strait confusing, so I’m not sure after reading the rules if land units are capable of moving from Greece to Turkey.  If it is possible, then perhaps Germany can build a bunch of infantry to hold off Russia while German tanks go into the Middle East/Africa/India to help out Italy and/or Japan.  It could be enough to swing the game in the Axis’ favor.

Yes this is the old 2nd edition trick coming back to the fold. You don’t need a medd fleet if you can move into Turkey from Europe and Panzers can get to Africa easily.

Problem is you got everybody else at war with you ( all the neutrals)

Yeah: Brits get 4 African inf, Americans get all of South America, Western Allies get Spain and Portugal(invadable from EUS), Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia

• So, when a country would invade a strict neutral, do the numbered armies on all of the other strict neutrals activate immediately? And if so, for which of the Axis/Allied countries (opposite the invaders) would they activate as?

Example: Germany invades and conquers Turkey. All other strict neutrals align with the Allies, and their armies activate as UK here, USA there, and Russia there.

Or, do these newly allied strict neutrals become just pro-allied neutrals and then printed armies would activate by the first allied country to enter?

• @bigopfer:

So, when a country would invade a strict neutral, do the numbered armies on all of the other strict neutrals activate immediately? And if so, for which of the Axis/Allied countries (opposite the invaders) would they activate as?

Example: Germany invades and conquers Turkey. All other strict neutrals align with the Allies, and their armies activate as UK here, USA there, and Russia there.

Or, do these newly allied strict neutrals become just pro-allied neutrals and then printed armies would activate by the first allied country to enter?

They become pro allies

• Guys - think of it this way. No one will EVER invade a strict neutral in this game unless the game is over, in which case… the game is over.

The rules punish you exactly the way they should for breaking a historically neutral power.

• Strict neutral invading is a good idea for the Axis around the middle east as it will connect them together with the invetable J3 India crush and followed up by a J4 attack on west india and then unite around africa and the Suez canal.

#4 on the original post i don’t agree Africa will be all that important there is only 1 territory in there the Axis will want and this is Egypt because of Cairo and the Suez Canal so the Italian fleet can expand and maybe work on stealing all the African IPC’s. Britain should be more worried about the Eastern front. Even though there is a large amount of territories between Moscow and the Germans because they should worry about the fall of Stalingrad and Leningrad so the British should support the Soviets after the threat of Sealion has passed (G2).

• @The:

Strict neutral invading is a good idea for the Axis around the middle east as it will connect them together with the invetable J3 India crush and followed up by a J4 attack on west india and then unite around africa and the Suez canal.

#4 on the original post i don’t agree Africa will be all that important there is only 1 territory in there the Axis will want and this is Egypt because of Cairo and the Suez Canal so the Italian fleet can expand and maybe work on stealing all the African IPC’s. Britain should be more worried about the Eastern front. Even though there is a large amount of territories between Moscow and the Germans because they should worry about the fall of Stalingrad and Leningrad so the British should support the Soviets after the threat of Sealion has passed (G2).

The Axis also want South Africa, and if South African forces activate the 4 inf, that will help retake Africa. In addition, the US can take over South America for 6 more ipc’s and 8? more inf. The US/UK can also take Spain and Portugal for 3 ipc’s and 8 inf near France.

J3 India Crush won’t happen in Global because Indian DD’s can block it, Japan usually won’t attack J1, and Brits can withdraw to West India to avoid getting killed by planes and then recapture India

• Dont forget if that brit carrier ends up in the med next to italy the german airforce can sink it on G2. The italians can pretty mucb ignore it and land one transport of folks on africa

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Imperious:

2. Speaking of strict neutrals, I’m wondering if the Axis taking out Turkey is a good option.  Actually, I found the rules about the Turkish strait confusing, so I’m not sure after reading the rules if land units are capable of moving from Greece to Turkey.  If it is possible, then perhaps Germany can build a bunch of infantry to hold off Russia while German tanks go into the Middle East/Africa/India to help out Italy and/or Japan.  It could be enough to swing the game in the Axis’ favor.

Yes this is the old 2nd edition trick coming back to the fold. You don’t need a medd fleet if you can move into Turkey from Europe and Panzers can get to Africa easily.

Problem is you got everybody else at war with you ( all the neutrals)

Yeah: Brits get 4 African inf, Americans get all of South America, Western Allies get Spain and Portugal(invadable from EUS), Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia

Yeah, but how easy will it be to actually activate all those infantry?  Plus, even activated, without transports they are not going anywhere very quickly.  As an Axis player, I may even wish that the Allies are distracted by building transports to move infantry when building a different type of unit might be in their best interest.  It probably all depends on the timing.

• @The:

Strict neutral invading is a good idea for the Axis around the middle east as it will connect them together with the invetable J3 India crush and followed up by a J4 attack on west india and then unite around africa and the Suez canal.

Well, what I meant by #4 in my original post is that since UK won’t lose much of its income unless Africa is taken out, it will probably be best for Italy, with the help of Germany and/or Japan, to try to actually take it out.  Otherwise, you are looking at a UK that can transport around 10 infantry into Russia every turn, at least once they get 5 transports and enough surface fleet to protect it.  That doesn’t even take into consideration what the USA is bringing in.

• @mikecool70:

Well, what I meant by #4 in my original post is that since UK won’t lose much of its income unless Africa is taken out, it will probably be best for Italy, with the help of Germany and/or Japan, to try to actually take it out.  Otherwise, you are looking at a UK that can transport around 10 infantry into Russia every turn, at least once they get 5 transports and enough surface fleet to protect it.  That doesn’t even take into consideration what the USA is bringing in.

Ok i understand i thought you meant that the loss of Africa wouldn’t matter much.
    @calvinhobbesliker:

The Axis also want South Africa, and if South African forces activate the 4 inf, that will help retake Africa. In addition, the US can take over South America for 6 more ipc’s and 8? more inf. The US/UK can also take Spain and Portugal for 3 ipc’s and 8 inf near France.

J3 India Crush won’t happen in Global because Indian DD’s can block it, Japan usually won’t attack J1, and Brits can withdraw to West India to avoid getting killed by planes and then recapture India

Italy should build a defence wall at Cairo to stop the South African counter.

Also with the J3 india crush rid the British DD’s on J3 and invade India on J4. Hold IPC’S in reserve to build units in India after it has been captured.

• @The:

Also with the J3 india crush rid the British DD’s on J3 and invade India on J4. Hold IPC’S in reserve to build units in India after it has been captured.

First you would need to pay 20 IPC’s to build the IC back to a major.  You do know that taking over a major complex reduces it to a minor in Global, don’t you?

• Yes but i forgot about that so you would keep enough to rebuild it or enough to build 3 fighters which gives you two hits out of three.

If you rebuilt t what would you build?

3 figh 50 ipc
    3 arm 38 ipc

Shouldn’t rebuild it

maybe

1 arm, 2 fig 26 ipc
    11 def value so nearly two hits

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m