Can Italy survive the game turn order change?

• Question: Will Italy be able to compete going 8th? Now that USA goes 4th Rome is that much more at risk. Germany has to take Southern France and fill the Med with Naval units to have any hope of stopping Rome from falling.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

This new turn order simply reverses the roles of Germany and Italy in the “Can Opener”. With France out most of the game, you now have an immediate Italy-Germany 1-2 punch. It reduces the effects of the can opener which is compensated by doubling the number of German troops starting in Germany and giving the Italian navy a better chance of surviving with setup changes in the Med. I like it.

It also speeds game play by having Italy and Germany go together, as well as all the Pacific Allies go together after Japan. Movement decisions, purchase decisions, and coordinated attacks will be easier and less time consuming now. Good job Larry!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How is the Italian opener effect LESSEND?  Now only France goes inbetween Italian and German attacks into Russia.  Instead of having that hopefuly moment of landing American bombers in the way of a captial Blitz.

And actually,  it’s still relatively the same for Italy, other than the United states being a physical production turn ahead. They can still block US units before the US next move, without England being able to can-opener for America.

Interesting… Will have to try it.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I guess what I meant by a lessened can opener is it used to be 1-2 Germany-Italy, with the heavy hit first. Now the heavy hit is second, which, depending on your strategy, could be better I guess depending on how you use it.

• @Idi:

Question: Will Italy be able to compete going 8th? Now that USA goes 4th Rome is that much more at risk. Germany has to take Southern France and fill the Med with Naval units to have any hope of stopping Rome from falling.

what are you talking about?
    is this an alpha setup?

• @cminke:

@Idi:

Question: Will Italy be able to compete going 8th? Now that USA goes 4th Rome is that much more at risk. Germany has to take Southern France and fill the Med with Naval units to have any hope of stopping Rome from falling.

what are you talking about?
    is this an alpha setup?

The latest Alpha +.2 changed the turn order.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m