• I’m willing to trade 2 nations of sealed AA42 pieces for 2 Italian AA50 tanks. 4 nations for 4 tanks. Take your pick from the below: (all are sealed and complete w/infantry and all pieces)

USA
    Germany
    UK
    Japan

Thanks!

• @reloader-1:

I’m willing to trade 2 nations of sealed AA42 pieces for 2 Italian AA50 tanks. 4 nations for 4 tanks. Take your pick from the below: (all are sealed and complete w/infantry and all pieces)

USA
    Germany
    UK
    Japan

Thanks!

:-o
    Four complete nation sets for 4 pieces?  I’m game for that … PM me details and we’ll work that out!

• Need them for G40 isntead of the dreadful Italian Panthers?

• Exactly :-)

• I remember that when AA50 came out there was a guy who got a Matilda in Italian colours and posted a pic. I wonder how many piece sets would that be worth ;)

• I had one - got rid of it :-)

• Found it!

Tanks.JPG

• @reloader-1:

I had one - got rid of it :-)

I would definitely advise not to get rid of it. It may be an error, but it is also one unique piece. You can use it on Africa to represent the amount of material that both sides captured and put into their own use on that theater.

• if you buy jacks Table Tactics pieces he made the same tank and you get like 6 of them plus others for like 12.00… in the same color.

• Myself, I could really use an extra AA50 Italian Battlechumpship and Cruiser  :lol:

And a bag of chips would come in handy, though I could use the AA42 ones as well.

• Does anyone know which model of Italian tank they were trying to model in AA50?  My rulebook doesn’t say.

• Carro Armato M41

• Customizer

Hey Reloader-1,
    Did you ever get more of the little Carro Armato tanks for your games?  I wish they would have provided more of them too.  In fact, I don’t see whey WOTC went to brown Panthers since they already had a good Italian Tank sculpt.  One more reason to be anxious for FMG pieces to get here I guess.  I managed to get 30 of those Carro Armato tanks, but that was only acheived by getting 5 of the dang expensive Anniversary games long after they went out of print.  Some eBay sellers are laughing at me all the way to the bank.  I did get other stuff from those games and was even able to resell some of the components to make a little of my money back, so it wasn’t a totally foolish investment.

By the way, LOVE that brown Matilda tank.  Definitely don’t get rid of that.  It’s a nice little collector’s item.  I have some of the mis-moulded cruisers form Guadalcanal and some US/German infantry in opposite colors from the Classic game.  This is the first I have seen of a mis-moulded Brit tank.  Did you just get the one?  If so, was it thrown in with other Italian pieces?  I wonder how they managed to mis-mould a single British tank.  Wouldn’t it be in the same mould as other British pieces?  Curious.

• Knp - I have 22 of them now, and I am always looking for more. The rarest piece in A&A, by far.

The cool thing is it matches the new 1940 pieces perfectly. I feel that every A&A tank should be unique (including France!) as they are “signature” pieces.

Congrats on the 30 pieces - I’ll have to keep looking to get to that point :-)

• Are all Italian tanks in your sets British molds?

• Customizer

@reloader-1:

I feel that every A&A tank should be unique (including France!) as they are “signature” pieces.

I totally agree with you on that.  I don’t like that the French are using T-34s when they had some pretty decent tanks of their own.  I was so happy when they gave the Brits their own tank.  As for ANZAC using British tanks, well, that more or less works out.  Did the Australians even have their own model of tank?  I think they did have a unique fighter plane.

• Oops - let me rephrase that. 22 Italian tanks, and 1 “Italian” Matilda. It came in the bag with the Italian pieces. Very odd…

• '10

@knp7765:

Did the Australians even have their own model of tank?  I think they did have a unique fighter plane.

The fighter you are thinking of is the CAC Boomerang:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Boomerang

For the tank, it’s best that they used the Matilda, unless they wanted to use New Zealand’s Bob Semple tank for a laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Semple_tank

• Thanks for sharing the info on the Bob Semple tank, that was a fun little piece of trivia to learn about!  I guess it was an attempt to beat plowshares into swords… :-D

Sounds like they’d have been better off trying to convert some kind of car or light truck into an armored car, though, as tractors just aren’t geared right to make into tanks…

As to the Brits & ANZACs and their Matilda’s: I guess it’s kind of nice to get them a different model for variety/ visual appeal, but the fact remains that the Matilda is really a decisive step down in quality vs. the Sherman… and the Brits actually used more Shermans than any other tank.  I’d have been much happier if they’d chosen the Cromwell; it was at least not outclassed by the Sherman (not to mention nearly every German tank…)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m