• wow IL,  I hate to see you tell them how you really feel…

:| …

I may have just lied to you  :evil:

• @Imperious:

People:

please rate the game a 10. that’s all it takes to beat out the other games. Please do this and trump Acricula or whatever that lame game is called.

AA50 is not a 10, at least I don’t think it is, by a lot. I gave it a 7. To be a 10 it should have a more solid rulebook, tech rules that don’t insta-win game by luck, NOs that can be tracked on the map, and even though the new map is nice, it’s far FAR from perfect (too many key territories are STILL too small, the nation map colors are terrible as are the territory borders), the game is SUPER pricey for what you get, and finally the Russian and Italian unit colors are way too similar. AA50 is a 7. 10 is perfect, AA50 is not.

• @P-Unit:

@Imperious:

People:

please rate the game a 10. that’s all it takes to beat out the other games. Please do this and trump Acricula or whatever that lame game is called.

AA50 is not a 10, at least I don’t think it is, by a lot. I gave it a 7. To be a 10 it should have a more solid rulebook, tech rules that don’t insta-win game by luck, NOs that can be tracked on the map, and even though the new map is nice, it’s far FAR from perfect (too many key territories are STILL too small, the nation map colors are terrible as are the territory borders), the game is SUPER pricey for what you get, and finally the Russian and Italian unit colors are way too similar. AA50 is a 7. 10 is perfect, AA50 is not.

You don’t get the point - Axis & Allies won’t ever be a “10” game if we don’t vote it a 10 now.  If everyone votes 10’s for AA50, it will put it at the top of the list, which in turn will show that the game has a big following and the game in enjoyed, which in turn will lead Avalon Hill to continue developing the game (which hopefully means that it will get better and better).
    Right?
    Thanks.

• @captainjack:

@P-Unit:

@Imperious:

People:

You don’t get the point - Axis & Allies won’t ever be a “10” game if we don’t vote it a 10 now.  If everyone votes 10’s for AA50, it will put it at the top of the list, which in turn will show that the game has a big following and the game in enjoyed, which in turn will lead Avalon Hill to continue developing the game (which hopefully means that it will get better and better).
    Right?
    Thanks.

I get the point but don’t agree with it, sorry. I gave AA50 a score I think it deserves, and won’t give other games above it a unfairly low score just to bump AA50, nor do I condone it. Seems unfair to me.

• @P-Unit:

@captainjack:

@P-Unit:

@Imperious:

People:

Right?
    Thanks.

I get the point but don’t agree with it, sorry. I gave AA50 a score I think it deserves, and won’t give other games above it a unfairly low score just to bump AA50, nor do I condone it. Seems unfair to me.

“I know it’s mean, but sometimes the ends justify the mean”  -Michael Scott

• Look at it this way, if Larry see everyone giving the game a 10 he has nothing to improve on!  :lol:

• Well, he’ll have our barrage of emails explaining why we are unhappy.  :-D

• @kaufschtick:

@captainjack:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the voting?  Is it just for fun, or is there a boardgame war out there that I don’t know about??     :?

LOL!! :-D :lol: :-D

I picked up CoH: Awakening the Bear this past summer at Origins, and I have to say that it is, IMHO, hands down the best wargame I’ve ever played. I rated it a 10 on BGG, and I’d give AA50 a 9, as the next best wargame out there, but CoH is just something extra special, as well as it being just the tip of the iceberg as the first installment in an announced series.

Right on… that’s the best (war)game ever made as far as I’m concerned.  Truly deserving of the #1 spot.  Uwe Eickert is a great guy too, he really cares about his game and the people who buy it.  I just can’t wait for it to leave WWII as he says it might, I want some modern wargames.

@Imperious:

If you vote the game climbs in exposure and sales. You are supporting further games of this type. Its our duty to the fatherland. When people see it on top they click something they may have never seen and are exposed and hopefully want to play, then buy… its all getting people in the sequence on these events that grows our hobby. Its not hard do do either.

Like anybody with interest enough in boardgames to browse BGG doesn’t know about Axis and Allies… the game is sold in Toys ‘R’ Us for cryin out loud… just sayin  :-P

@P-Unit:

@Imperious:

People:

I agree.  Once more people get the game, who aren’t obsessed, the rating will go down, probably to a solid 7.8 I would guess.  Of course, with such a price tag, maybe nobody else will play it, in which case it will be number 1 forever  :-D

• The rating went down but now its at #3 and gaining fast. It went down as low as like 9 but rebounded. Add more 10 scores and watch it climb.

• I am pleased to say, that today our beloved game is ranked # 2, with a 8,41 rating.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m