• '12

Not there war or country……Yes, that is what they said.  I think had there been more Canadian units who spoke French and had French speaking command structures and maybe based out of Quebec more would have served.  It seems nowadays Quebecers proudly serve the Canuck armed forces and I would wager they over-represent the armed forces per capita.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Not there war or country……Yes, that is what they said.  I think had there been more Canadian units who spoke French and had French speaking command structures and maybe based out of Quebec more would have served.  It seems nowadays Quebecers proudly serve the Canuck armed forces and I would wager they over-represent the armed forces per capita.

N. America the way it should be

Canada
    Quebec
    USA
    Alaska
    Mexico
    Texas

Yeah! No CSA though.

• Crunch,I agree.

Canada
    Quebec
    USA
    Alaska
    Mexico
    Texas

:-D And what the Labrador?

• @crusaderiv:

Crunch,I agree.

Canada
    Quebec
    USA
    Alaska
    Mexico
    Texas

:-D And what the Labrador?

Give it to Quebec stick all that crap in one.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I think had there been more Canadian units who spoke French and had French speaking command structures and maybe based out of Quebec more would have served.  It seems nowadays Quebecers proudly serve the Canuck armed forces and I would wager they over-represent the armed forces per capita.

I’d agree with the former and the latter definitely seems difficult to dispute… although the lads from the Maritimes might give em a run for their money eh

• @allboxcars:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

I think had there been more Canadian units who spoke French and had French speaking command structures and maybe based out of Quebec more would have served.  It seems nowadays Quebecers proudly serve the Canuck armed forces and I would wager they over-represent the armed forces per capita.

I’d agree with the former and the latter definitely seems difficult to dispute… although the lads from the Maritimes might give em a run for their money eh

Listening to that makes me wish Canada was

BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario

• @Dylan:

@allboxcars:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

And perhaps you should show some respect to those who serve your country regardless of what province or territory they’re from.

• @allboxcars:

@Dylan:

@allboxcars:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

And perhaps you should show some respect to those who serve your country regardless of what province or territory they’re from.

Quebec could be a Canadian puppet state.

• @Dylan:

Quebec could be a Canadian puppet state.

Odd how if he’d mentioned Obama in any context this would be flagged as political.

You should return to topic: it pretty much ended after Mr. Crunch’s last reply.

• @valthonis:

Personally I think the civilian tracking is unneeded.

Well, if you drop that then you can drop the Civ transportation rules.

Basically, I wanted to get the feel for fleeing refugees into the game.  Think of WWZ and the Great Panic.  Not only do you have to kill the Zs, but you have to protect your Civs by transporting them to safety, which are your production and your “hit points”.  You almost have to do it because with the Zs attacking your Civs directly you stand a risk of being over-run where 2 Zs have a 5/36 chance of becoming 6 Zs and a 1/36 chance of becoming 10 Zs.

I was also pondering a rule about diminishing returns for Civs in low IPC territories.  Basically, you get 1 IPC per Civ up to the IPC value of the territory.  Past the IPC value, you only get 1 IPC for every 2 Civs rounding down.  For example, in Germany, you get 9 IPCs for 9 Civs and 10 for 10, but 11 Civs only gets you 10 IPCs and 12 Civs get you 11 IPCs.  That way you don’t get Hawaii with 36 IPCs produced, but only 18, whereas Germany would give you 23 with that same 36 Civs.  However, it may be too restrictive.

• A few more possible tweaks:

• Nations cannot collect IPCs from territories that have 1 or more Zs in them. (who’s going to work when Zs are on your front lawn?)
    • When you move a Civ, they do not count towards your IPC total at the end of your turn.
    • If a Z successfully attacks a transport or carrier holding 1 or more Civs, then all Civs are turned into Zs according to the ratio as well as the transporting unit itself. (I’ll definitely add this one)

This topic has gone in and out of my thoughts since I first noticed it.  I’m going to play test this myself when I get the chance.  I’ll pick up a Bag 'o Zombies, find some way to track Civs, and get cracking.

• I’m about midway through my first play-test.  By the end I’ll have some rule improvements.  The Zs are formidable.  Initial outbreak was in the Philippines.  Rolled a 6, which zombified all the Civs and units for a total of 14 Zs.  They spread outward via the even spread rules and wiped out Okinawa, Burma, and the Carolines.  New Guinea and East Indies are holding out and will likely be safe for the rest of the game.  The Zs hit FIC and Shanghai the same turn and from there they spread out to Buratia, China, Mongolia, Afghanistan,and Persia.  Currently there are 44 zombies scattered across south east Asia.  Japan has been out of the picture as most of their territory is now swarming with Zs.  Tokyo itself is well defended and is hoping to repel the imminent Zs headed their way next turn.  And they learned the hard way that you have to outnumber the Zs 3-1 if you want assured victory.  Several failed attacks against a Z horde.  The Brits wisely evacuated India, Persia, and Trans Jordan.  If you leave the Civs the Zs multiply too fast.  The neutral zones with Civs are dangerous and really influence the battle against the Zs.

Oh, I’m using money to track Civs and Zs.  Nickels and Pennies seem to work fine.  The Bag 'O Zombies is almost perfect.  They are slightly larger than the game’s Infantry pieces, but not enough to be distracting.  They look great on the board.

• First play test is complete.  Zombies took over half of Asia after starting in the Philippines but then were wiped out shortly after Germany fell and Japan surrendered.  There are a bunch of tweaks and fixes needed to the rules.  The Zs seem formidable at first, but once you get some large stacks attacking them they are easily subdued.  I’ll post here when I have them.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m