• Personally I think the civilian tracking is unneeded.
    If zombies win and control the territory they get 2 zombies per IPC rating of the territory to reflect the civilian population being infected/taken.  Yes that does mean that some of the bigger territories will hurt, Japan for example would generate 16 zombies if it fell.  Though makes sense as generally higher IPC rating indicates a higher number of population.  Make use of the originating IPC value of a country in the case of US or others that get income boosts.

Then reduce the combats losses to just 1 for 1.  Tank, mech, etc, all end up being 1 zombie.

There are three types of models available from the Zombies!!! game.  I suggest the following rules/stats for them

Regular Zombies:  Attack 2, Defense 1, Move 1 (Can engage air units with ‘Zombie Pathogen’)
    Zombie Babes:  Attack 1, Defense 2, Move 1 (Can move across water at Movement 2 and engage navel units)
    Zombie Dogs:  Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 2 (Can blitzkreig like tanks)

All are equal in cost, IE you get to place 4 zombies, it can be any combination of the above.

Also remove the zombies random movement and make it more interesting.  Have each player roll a d6 on the zombie phase, the highest rolling player gets to play the zombies.  Attacks if possible must be made, IE can’t just keep the zombies standing at your border and not attack just because its you, but if you have more than one option you pick.  Non-combat doesn’t follow this as zombies like to shuffle around mindlessly when not attacking.

• http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/62871/zombie-dice

This game uses dice that might make it fun to determine combat and movement results for the zombies.

each zombie rolls one die

Roll ‘brains’ and the army attacked loses one unit

Roll ‘shotgun’ and one zombie dies

Roll ‘feet’ and you can retreat or move a zombie. Only units that roll the ‘feet’ can move

Buy what they call “bag-o-zombies” ( about 10 bucks)

You need to make “boss zombies”

These would have a token under the unit. The benefit of these is they can roll green dice

Zombie production: each IPC = 1 zombie produced, Boss zombie can be replaced if lost only if you got a 3 IPC or greater territory under control.

Zombies start in: Canada, Argentina, Sahara, Himalayas

starting deployment: 6 in each territory, plus 1 boss zombie in each

Zombies start the game before all players and production/builds are placed based on the current turns captures.

Example: Zombies take eastern USA and Italy, so at the end of their turn they collect number of new zombie baby’s equal to IPC…. all before Germans turn.

• @Imperious:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/62871/zombie-dice

This game uses dice that might make it fun to determine combat and movement results for the zombies.

each zombie rolls one die

Roll ‘brains’ and the army attacked loses one unit

Roll ‘shotgun’ and one zombie dies

Roll ‘feet’ and you can retreat or move a zombie. Only units that roll the ‘feet’ can move

Buy what they call “bag-o-zombies” ( about 10 bucks)

You need to make “boss zombies”

These would have a token under the unit. The benefit of these is they can roll green dice

Zombie production: each IPC = 1 zombie produced, Boss zombie can be replaced if lost only if you got a 3 IPC or greater territory under control.

Zombies start in: Canada, Argentina, Sahara, Himalayas

starting deployment: 6 in each territory, plus 1 boss zombie in each

Zombies start the game before all players and production/builds are placed based on the current turns captures.

Example: Zombies take eastern USA and Italy, so at the end of their turn they collect number of new zombie baby’s equal to IPC…. all before Germans turn.

The zombies look like LEGO! awesome.

• @crusaderiv:

Just keep em out of BC!
    Don’t worry about the zombies we have the newfies!

If Quebec splits were giving that up too!  :lol: the dream.

• Qubec wants to separate because of the newfies!

• '12

Technically, it was not Canadians per se’ the were called zombies but rather the French-Canadian conscripts who refused (or tried) to be sent oversees.

• yes but they did come from Canada regardless of national origin.

Zombies don’t care, they eat anybody.

• @Imperious:

yes but they did come from Canada regardless of national origin.

Zombies don’t care, they eat anybody.

So we feed them people from the East (Canada) first, (not including Ontario.)
    Then the South US (Not including Texas and more West.)
    Then we get the commies
    Then we get more French
    Then the Mexicans
    Then were ready to go to Mars!  :lol:

• Technically, it was not Canadians per se’ the were called zombies but rather the French-Canadian conscripts who refused (or tried) to be sent oversees.
    Only a few of them…
    They didn’t want to serve under the British flag.
    It was not their war and their country.

• '12

Well they came from Canada, so national origin would be Canadian.  I’m just saying there were only a few 10s of 1000s known as zombies out of a total armed force of over a million.  Calling Canadians in general as zombies just isn’t correct.  In order to be more historically correct, Canadian zombies would have a preference to people covered in curd cheese with hot gravy poured over them with copious amounts of salt added.  It’s a wonder Canada doesn’t have more french zombies what with them smoking and drinking and eating poutine…its a wonder French Canadians live past 50…

• '12

Not there war or country……Yes, that is what they said.  I think had there been more Canadian units who spoke French and had French speaking command structures and maybe based out of Quebec more would have served.  It seems nowadays Quebecers proudly serve the Canuck armed forces and I would wager they over-represent the armed forces per capita.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

Not there war or country……Yes, that is what they said.  I think had there been more Canadian units who spoke French and had French speaking command structures and maybe based out of Quebec more would have served.  It seems nowadays Quebecers proudly serve the Canuck armed forces and I would wager they over-represent the armed forces per capita.

N. America the way it should be

Canada
    Quebec
    USA
    Alaska
    Mexico
    Texas

Yeah! No CSA though.

• Crunch,I agree.

Canada
    Quebec
    USA
    Alaska
    Mexico
    Texas

:-D And what the Labrador?

• @crusaderiv:

Crunch,I agree.

Canada
    Quebec
    USA
    Alaska
    Mexico
    Texas

:-D And what the Labrador?

Give it to Quebec stick all that crap in one.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I think had there been more Canadian units who spoke French and had French speaking command structures and maybe based out of Quebec more would have served.  It seems nowadays Quebecers proudly serve the Canuck armed forces and I would wager they over-represent the armed forces per capita.

I’d agree with the former and the latter definitely seems difficult to dispute… although the lads from the Maritimes might give em a run for their money eh

• @allboxcars:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

I think had there been more Canadian units who spoke French and had French speaking command structures and maybe based out of Quebec more would have served.  It seems nowadays Quebecers proudly serve the Canuck armed forces and I would wager they over-represent the armed forces per capita.

I’d agree with the former and the latter definitely seems difficult to dispute… although the lads from the Maritimes might give em a run for their money eh

Listening to that makes me wish Canada was

BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario

• @Dylan:

@allboxcars:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

And perhaps you should show some respect to those who serve your country regardless of what province or territory they’re from.

• @allboxcars:

@Dylan:

@allboxcars:

@MrMalachiCrunch:

And perhaps you should show some respect to those who serve your country regardless of what province or territory they’re from.

Quebec could be a Canadian puppet state.

• @Dylan:

Quebec could be a Canadian puppet state.

Odd how if he’d mentioned Obama in any context this would be flagged as political.

You should return to topic: it pretty much ended after Mr. Crunch’s last reply.

• @valthonis:

Personally I think the civilian tracking is unneeded.

Well, if you drop that then you can drop the Civ transportation rules.

Basically, I wanted to get the feel for fleeing refugees into the game.  Think of WWZ and the Great Panic.  Not only do you have to kill the Zs, but you have to protect your Civs by transporting them to safety, which are your production and your “hit points”.  You almost have to do it because with the Zs attacking your Civs directly you stand a risk of being over-run where 2 Zs have a 5/36 chance of becoming 6 Zs and a 1/36 chance of becoming 10 Zs.

I was also pondering a rule about diminishing returns for Civs in low IPC territories.  Basically, you get 1 IPC per Civ up to the IPC value of the territory.  Past the IPC value, you only get 1 IPC for every 2 Civs rounding down.  For example, in Germany, you get 9 IPCs for 9 Civs and 10 for 10, but 11 Civs only gets you 10 IPCs and 12 Civs get you 11 IPCs.  That way you don’t get Hawaii with 36 IPCs produced, but only 18, whereas Germany would give you 23 with that same 36 Civs.  However, it may be too restrictive.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m