• @Imperious:

The last episode looks like another sex episode. The focus is too much on people trying to skirt around their duties and how they cope with downtime. The battle is window dressing to “how they are feeling” about what and where they are. Rather the focus must be on the gritty battles and how they overcome these challenges. I can care less about their ‘feelings’ and how they behaved when on shore leave with women. It needed to be more like Combat!

If my grandfather is a good representive of the common soilder in WWII, he prefered talking about his sexual conquest rather than his combat in France.

• '10

But that is not what we wanted to see.  Sex is everywhere on TV and the internet.  Has little relevance to WW2 History.

People have sex all the time, in all wars…  that is why the human race is still here. We don’t need to see more of it on TV when it has no bearing on the story line or events.

This series is really lacking when compared to BOB.

Sad…  :-( :-( :?

• They basically gave it the Battlestar Galactica treatment….The focus is on ‘how people feel’ and how they enjoy sex, rather than surviving total extermination and coping with attacks against the fleet. I guess having ‘battles in space’ is not enough eye candy for young adults, so they went with plan B… soap opera in space (SOS)

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

But that is not what we wanted to see.  Sex is everywhere on TV and the internet.  Has little relevance to WW2 History.

People have sex all the time, in all wars…  that is why the human race is still here. We don’t need to see more of it on TV when it has no bearing on the story line or events.

This series is really lacking when compared to BOB.

Sad…  :-( :-( :?I agree 100%. I was hoping to see a little more of the history of the Marine Corps in the pacific.

• OK  The Pacific was not Europe that by itself meant that the two series BOB & Pac would be different.  The Marines had long reset periods between actions unlike Europe which was war 24/7 after D-Day.  One series was Action, BOB, becuase it coud be, the other was drama,Pac, becuase it had to be, there were 6 action episodes out of 10, one coming home episiode (In which there was NO sex) and 3 R&R episiodes which with 2 of thse having sex (Surprise!).  Easy company didn’t have sex because they were fighting but a few of the episodes did showe the mental effect and strain the men were going through, which Pac did as well.  Pac was lucky in that one of the main charaters was rotated home for war bond duty and another was just lucky to come home period. One of these two wanted to go back into action and did so at the cost of his own life.

Frankly some the post here have been boarder line crying becuase there was not enough blood and guts being thrown around on scene and to much “kissing” with girls, grow up it was a big a^& war and it had room forevey thing seen in both films!!!

• '10

Your point is well taken, but the issue for me at the end of the day…

This can not be shown in class rooms or to my children due to the graphic nature of the sex scenes involved.  It is a loss to “popular History” and will not reach a larger audience telling this crucial story in US history because of this unnecessary flaw.

That is a shame.

• Seen a few on the web as no one I know has HBO.  They are pretty good but I like Band of Brothers better.

The intro is nice, but they should have kept the long one for the 1st episode and shortened it for the rest.

The sex doesn’t bother me…I think it’s a good indication of what did (and does happen).  In fact, I think it’s silly how in the US you can’t show a boob but you can curse and kill up a storm.  Seems bass ackwards.

I’ll try and catch the rest of the series as soon as I can.

• Watch them in sequence. Its real important to understand the story.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m