Manila deleted from being a victory city

• I already posted my thoughts on the FAQ. Just curious to hear others. But come one. Don’t be too harsh. A success doesn’t follow a failure. Pacific foreshadowed it.

• Actually, they forgot to list Manilla. There are 19 Victory cities.

• Where do you see that? It’s still not in the list

• Go to “Talk to Larry” on HGD and look under VC’
    s. Krieghund said it.

• I heard Manila is out.

• Its on my board so come global time I am not going to erase it with white out. In or not its on the darn board so for me its a VC

• quote from Larry:
    _thehero
    The following is the list of victory cities. But first let me prefix the list with the following: In the Global game the Allies win the game by controlling the territories of Germany (Berlin), southern Italy (Rome), and Japan (Toyko) for a complete round of play, as long as they control an Allied capital (Washington, London, Paris, or Moscow).

The Axis wins by controlling any 14 victory cities for a complete round of play, as long as they control an Axis Capital (Berlin, Rome, or Tokyo).

The victory cities are:
    (in alphabetical order)
    Berlin
    Cairo
    Calcutta
    Hong Kong
    Honolulu
    Leningrad
    London
    Moscow
    Ottawa
    Paris
    Rome
    San Francisco
    Shanghai
    Stalingrad
    Sydney
    Tokyo
    Warsaw
    Washington_

***Larry’s list was 18 VC, (there are 19) Krieghund said he missed Manila on the list.

• Thats under my topic Yay.

• Is there a CapeTown, SAfrica VC???

19 VCs seems like a strange number to choose- you’d figure there would be 20.

Sure he (Larry) didn’t forget another???

• No Krieghund confirmed 19 VC. The only addition to the AA50 VC line-up was Cairo, at least there’s one in Africa now.

• Quote from Larry’s site:

Manila was left off the list. There are 19 Victory Cities.

• Krieghund, Official Rules Answer Guy

Debate over  :-D

• so if it’s not if you connect the bored’s you just ignore it being listed

• @WILD:

Quote from Larry’s site:

Manila was left off the list. There are 19 Victory Cities.

• Krieghund, Official Rules Answer Guy

Debate over  :-D

cool. Thanks. Although I kind of wish something in south africa was listed, but oh well.

• @questioneer:

Is there a CapeTown, SAfrica VC???

19 VCs seems like a strange number to choose- you’d figure there would be 20.

Sure he (Larry) didn’t forget another???

Before P40 came out, I was hoping to see Vladivostok included as a victory city. I do agree that 19 is a bit weird. I sincerely hope that Amur will get an AA Gun, airbase, naval base and minor IC.

Just checked the map, Amur is worth only 1 IPC, it can’t have a minor IC… :-(

• Vladivostok?

Any reason why, Dargoon?

• Yea, Vladavostak (or however you spell it) would be a good vc. I think it should be 22 vcs. Johannesburg and Dallas should be added as well. America is so beast that it should have that represented in the form of another sc in central U.S.  8-)

• @Admiral:

Vladivostok?

Any reason why, Dargoon?

Vladivostok was actually important to the Soviet Union during the war, a lot of supplies and equipment was produced there and shipped to the German front. Its port was a direct link to the “Western USA”. If Japan would have captured it, it would have given the German much needed help against the Soviets. Plus, it would have been great to see if Japan would have declared war on the Soviets to take Vladivostok with its port and minor IC before attacking the US…

• More cities require the Victory Conditions to include a higher count to get to the same level of achievement.

You can have 50 VC but then the axis need to capture like 38 to win and Larry does not want the game to become too much bookkeeping to constantly check how close you are to the total needed.

What he should have done was award IPC based on their capture and dump the NO’s . The result would still be the same which was to make players follow a more or less historical path to win.

• The war was complicated, and there were many ways that it could have turned out. This should be represented in the victory cities listed on the map. Besides the fact that no one counts the victory anyways and just play till surrender, and the fact that 3 more should be no trouble at all, no one plays this game who isn’t an avid strategy board game fan. We like complexity  :-o and that’s why we play this and not RISK. Hurray for more victory cities! Hurray for more powers! Hurray for more rules!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m