Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Still waiting on these dying to get them. I hope Jeremy didn’t lose my order.

• @GoSanchez6:

Still waiting on these dying to get them. I hope Jeremy didn’t lose my order.

I’m still waiting for my Italians too.

• Customizer

Don’t worry guys, I’m sure Jeremy has your orders ready to go as soon as the Italians get here.  I had him check on my order which I made WAY, WAY, WAY back in last November and he assured me it was ready to go.  Just waiting on the shipment is all.  So if my order, made long, long ago, is still active, surely your orders are also on file.

I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but I got a LOT of stuff comin’ to me this week.  There is my order for Italian Combat Units, two different orders of new Combat Dice (including those sharp black German dice), and I have an order for the complete War At Sea:  Surface Action set from Gaming Advantage which is shipping this week.  Man, what a week.

• Thanks for the reassurance Knp I just can’t wait to get them.

• '12

@knp7765:

Don’t worry guys, I’m sure Jeremy has your orders ready to go as soon as the Italians get here.  I had him check on my order which I made WAY, WAY, WAY back in last November and he assured me it was ready to go.  Just waiting on the shipment is all.  So if my order, made long, long ago, is still active, surely your orders are also on file.

I don’t know about the rest of you guys, but I got a LOT of stuff comin’ to me this week.  There is my order for Italian Combat Units, two different orders of new Combat Dice (including those sharp black German dice), and I have an order for the complete War At Sea:  Surface Action set from Gaming Advantage which is shipping this week.  Man, what a week.

Sweet!  Yeah, I’ve got two sets of Italians & all the new Elite dice!  Also waiting on HBG’s Minor Axis (2 sets) at some point soon…WOOHOO!

• Is this still the unit count we can expect to get per set of 150?

4 Infantry (Two Sculpts - Rifle and sub-machinegun Infantry)
    12 Artillery
    12 Armour (Two Types - Light and Heavy)
    12 Fighters
    6 Tactical-bombers
    6 Bombers
    12 Submarines
    12 Destroyers
    6 Cruisers
    6 Battleships
    6 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports
    12 Half tracks (Armored Cars)
    6 Commander Units
    6 Transport Planes
    6 Trucks

• @jim010:

@Viracocha:

…Is that HBG’s map?

As for the map, no.  The map is not the one available from HBG.  It is from an entirely different game.  Although, it may be available through HBG at some point.   :wink:

That would be lovely :-D

• '10

@RedArmySoldier:

Is this still the unit count we can expect to get per set of 150?

12 Artillery
    12 Fighters
    6 Tactical-bombers
    6 Bombers
    12 Submarines
    12 Destroyers
    6 Cruisers
    6 Battleships
    6 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports
    6 Commander Units
    6 Transport Planes
    6 Trucks

Almost.  Considering the MILLIONS of little men produced, there is always a possibility that in the sorting phase there may be some flux.  Due to this I changed the site description to the following:

Each National Set includes the following:

Infantry (Two Sculpts - Rifle and sub-machinegun Infantry)
    Artillery
    Armour (Two Types - Light and Heavy)
    Fighters
    Tactical-bombers
    Bombers
    Submarines
    Destroyers
    Cruisers
    Battleships
    Aircraft Carriers
    Transports
    Half tracks (Armored Cars)
    NEW
    Commander Units
    Transport Planes
    Trucks

Each National set will include 150 UNITS!!

(Due to the large QTY of units included, actual quantity of each unit may vary)

• '12

@FieldMarshalGames:

@RedArmySoldier:

12 Artillery
    12 Fighters
    6 Tactical-bombers
    6 Bombers
    12 Submarines
    12 Destroyers
    6 Cruisers
    6 Battleships
    6 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports
    6 Commander Units
    6 Transport Planes
    6 Trucks

Almost.  Considering the MILLIONS of little men produced, there is always a possibility that in the sorting phase there may be some flux.  Due to this I changed the site description to the following:

Artillery
    Fighters
    Tactical-bombers
    Bombers
    Submarines
    Destroyers
    Cruisers
    Battleships
    Aircraft Carriers
    Transports
    NEW
    Commander Units
    Transport Planes
    Trucks

So Jeremy, just out of curiosity, how many sets did you actually order be produced?

• FMG do you know when HGB will get their new shipment?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@Lunarwolf:

FMG do you know when HGB will get their new shipment?

I am suppose to have it by November 10.
    It left china 2 weeks ago.

• dannnnggg soo loong…… i want those vehicles !!!

• @FieldMarshalGames:

@RedArmySoldier:

24 Infantry (Two Sculpts - Rifle and sub-machinegun Infantry)
    12 Artillery
    12 Fighters
    6 Tactical-bombers
    6 Bombers
    12 Submarines
    12 Destroyers
    6 Cruisers
    6 Battleships
    6 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports
    6 Commander Units
    6 Transport Planes
    6 Trucks

Almost.  Considering the MILLIONS of little men produced, there is always a possibility that in the sorting phase there may be some flux.  Due to this I changed the site description to the following:

Artillery
    Fighters
    Tactical-bombers
    Bombers
    Submarines
    Destroyers
    Cruisers
    Battleships
    Aircraft Carriers
    Transports
    NEW
    Commander Units
    Transport Planes
    Trucks

Hi

I think it is best that it is a specific, the quantity of each unit when ordering a set. So you know what a set actually includes of units. So we don’t end up like with the OOB pieces, there the quantity did vary, someone got 6 Tac Bombers, while others got 8 Tac Bombers and so on. I think this is very important. I don’t won’t to end up with example 10 infantry and 12 Transports. I want to know what a set does include/the count of each unit, so I know what to expect and paid for. It also would make it easier to order extra FMG pieces from Historical Bordgaming. Also, will these set still include a special surprise/units? Anyway, I really looking forward for the units and combat dice.

• I’m starting to wonder if I should have not pre-ordered my Italian units from FMG and just bought them from HBG.

I think I may just do that with future units.  :-(

-Slainte

• TripleA '12

Can those of us who have received their FMG Italian Combat Units please be kind enough to post a complete breakdown of the pieces included in their set? I for one am a little concerned about this latest development about the varying numbers of pieces in the set.

FMG Jeremy - can you please confirm when you changed the wording on the website, as I was not aware of this? When I placed my order last October I was under the impression that I would recieve the quota as originally stated/intended.

Thank you everybody.

• Here people go freaking out again.

Actual quantity MAY vary from set to set due to human error.  You can never ever guarantee that the person bagging a set of pieces together may not put in one too  many infantry, or miss a tank.  It’s just the nature of human beings handling the sorting.

I’m sure that the sets will almost entirely include the specified amounts.  It’s likely just been changed because you cannot in any way guarantee it (for reason stated above).

• '10

@FieldMarshalGames:

@RedArmySoldier:

24 Infantry (Two Sculpts - Rifle and sub-machinegun Infantry)
    12 Artillery
    12 Fighters
    6 Tactical-bombers
    6 Bombers
    12 Submarines
    12 Destroyers
    6 Cruisers
    6 Battleships
    6 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports
    6 Commander Units
    6 Transport Planes
    6 Trucks

Artillery
    Fighters
    Tactical-bombers
    Bombers
    Submarines
    Destroyers
    Cruisers
    Battleships
    Aircraft Carriers
    Transports
    NEW
    Commander Units
    Transport Planes
    Trucks

This is what I got with one exception. I got six extra dive bombers. Mistakes are bound to be made by those doing the packing.

• Customizer

@Lozmoid:

Can those of us who have received their FMG Italian Combat Units please be kind enough to post a complete breakdown of the pieces included in their set? I for one am a little concerned about this latest development about the varying numbers of pieces in the set.

FMG Jeremy - can you please confirm when you changed the wording on the website, as I was not aware of this? When I placed my order last October I was under the impression that I would recieve the quota as originally stated/intended.

Thank you everybody.

I’ll count when I get home, but you get LOTS.  I believe every thing was there.  When I painted my pieces, I didn’t bother with quite a few of them, as you’ll never use that many pieces with Italy.

• Customizer

I am not liking the sounds of what I’m hearing here.  Most of us that pre-ordered haven’t even gotten our pieces yet and already I’m seeing excuses like “too many pieces” and “human error”.  FMG gave us a specific piece count for these sets and I think we have every right to expect that piece count, both per unit and total, particularly those of us that have been very patient for the past year.  Yes, I can understand with sets of 150 pieces that in a few sets there may be a piece missing here or an extra piece there.  If that is the kind of “flux” you are talking about, I imagine that most of us can live with such small errors.

However, I do worry about any (what I would call) major errors.  For example;  a set missing all of a certain unit.  I certainly hope that FMG will have a system for correcting such errors.  I don’t want to get a set missing half my tanks and be told “Oops.  Mistakes happen.”

• '10

HONESTLY?

If there is a MAJOR mistake, we will correct it.  But HONESTLY….  with 150 units including 14 different sculpts!!  If a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR operation like Hasbro/WOTC can not make Chinese sorters get an accurate count 100% of the time.  How are we supposed to!

There MAY, SOMETIMES, be a SLIGHT, variance IF!  Maybe a 5% failure rate!?!?!?  You MAY get more than you paid for… You MAY get one extra of something and one less of something else.  If there is something missing, or a major mess up we will fix it for you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m