Warlords of Europe ( coming november 2009)

• Customizer

Strelets figs have character, but the arms are too short.

I’m thinking that for the 13th century you really need the Crusades, so I’ve a map in mind which includes the Holy land, and maybe with Morocco, Egypt and Anatolia (Seljuks) as Muslim “Kingdoms”.

Maybe a card allowing a player to convert a newly acquired population to his own faith? (Christians get +1 fighting Muslims).

There might also be a Mongol “event”, with a horde of these guys appearing on the eastern edge of the map.  Players can bid for control of the Mongols on a turn to direct them towards the lands of their enemies…
    (Mongol pieces from Hasbro History of the World?)

Britain should be:

Ireland only 1 fief (plains)
    Scotland (mountains), border further north
    Wales (mountains)
    England divided into:
    Northumbria (forest)
    Mercia (farmland)
    Wessex (farmland), extending to the north sea and including London.

Can’t see the map in detail, but am I correct that Sicily and southern Italy are joined in to ONE feif?  Very weird.

Players really should have to build ships to make attacks by sea, and there’s scope for developing the Warlord pieces; perhaps in the manor of Shogun where winning battles gains them extra movement points.

• Is there any mention of a release date for this game?

• I just checked it myself and it will be available in January or February unless you want to spend an additionl $30 in which you could have it in December.

• I decided I can wait an extra month or two to keep $30 in my pocket. Besides, January/February is the best time to get a new boardgame because there is nothing else going on.

• You’ll be too busy with the new AA40 Pacific anyway.

• @D.Asymn:

You could buy a LOT of nice Mavs for what that will sell for

What are Mavs?

• @Brain:

@D.Asymn:

What are Mavs?

I haven’t got the slightest clue…

• @C_Strabala:

@Brain:

@D.Asymn:

What are Mavs?

I haven’t got the slightest clue…

Okay, so I am not alone. That’s a relief. Sometimes I think it’s just me.

• It would be nice if D.Asymm would re-post to enlighten us all.

• Has there been any news on Warlords? Last I heard, they were going to be shipping in January/February.

• nothing yet

• @C_Strabala:

Has there been any news on Warlords? Last I heard, they were going to be shipping in January/February.

Answer from Conquest Gaming

Q. When will it be released?
    A. While we originally thought Warlords would release in November, additional production delays have set us back until at least Jan/Feb for general availability. For a limited time, we can offer air freight from China on pre-orders for an additional $30 per game beyond the standard S/H our shopping cart calculates. So you could possibly have your copy as soon as late December. That’s quite a bit sooner than everyone else who will have to wait on the literal slow boat from China (plus customs, transit to our warehouse, transit to the distributors, and transit to the game shops). If you are interested, (e-mail us). We have the final prototype in hand, and have played Warlords on it. The entire game is beautiful and well worth the wait! We are taking pre-orders now.

• I got an update today from the folks at Conquest Games:

_We’ve been told the shipping container has reached our city and is being inspected thoroughly by US Customs. It could take them as little as 1-2 weeks, but possibly more depending how backed up they are (time in US Customs is just an unknown factor). Once we get them to the warehouse, we will get the pre-orders in the mail ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

Russ Rupe
    Conquest Gaming_

This is great news!

• Update from Conquest Gaming:

Q. When will it be released?
    A. We’ve got word that the literal slow boat from China made it. Add a week (or more) of US customs, quick transit to our warehouse, transit to the distributors, and transit to the game shops, and you should be able to get your copy sometime in Feb. We have a sample of the final production run in hand, and have played Warlords on it. The entire game is beautiful and well worth the wait! We are taking pre-orders up until the day they arrive at our warehouse.

• Tell me this game doesn’t look cool.

• IL, Did you get your copies yet?

• @i:

so its out,!! then were is it sold what website??

http://conquestgaming.com/

• I received my copy in the mail today! It looks fantastic! Kudos to the guys at Conquest Gaming!

• '10

Looks awesome!  I want one.  Can some one please post a review?

• I got my case today ( 6 copies standard order)

And i have to say this game is of obvious quality!  Everything has this thick Eurogame cardboard tokens and map and the pieces are really detailed and made of really high end plastic.

It looks like something made by FFG ( Fantasy flight games) or Phalanx games.

It comes with a large bag of chips ( 100 grey and 15 black) and nobody can complain about anything on this. I feel it is really worth the money. I own four of their other games ( Star Strike, plus the civil war game, Barbarossa and the Pacific and these are direct descendants of AA style games. They play quicker and you can fit in a few plays of them in an afternoon.

If you buy another game from them, i would definatly get the civil war game

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m