• I’ll post some stuff later but how do you feel about a WW2 card game?

• A&A D-day had 3 decks of cards. I never cared much for that game. The real meaning of a wargame is when you have a military power fantasy you want to live out. Then you need plastic soldiers, and a good looking map. The territories must be of such an state, that you really want to conquer them. Some say the Revised was not a real wargame, because the dark territories was so ugly nobody really wanted to conquer them, and the black oceans was so dark, that when you put a german sub in the water, it got lost, and you would never find it again. But AA50, that is a real wargame. That was a divine gift from Larry to all of us. Unfortunately the chimps at WOTC managed to ruin some of the pieces. Bud WWII as a card game ? Are you serious ? Maybe a bunch of retards would like it, after you drive them to the zoo ?

• Well that’s not what I meant exaactly!?!

• LMFAO. I think it was a joke?  Yes it was indeed!

• Yes well, that may be the case, but im gonna be going somwhere and it will be a few hours before we get there, so i thought that there could be a use out of it 4 that but nothiung else.

• I think you could turn world war 2 into a pretty sweet card game

Were you thinking the deck of card would be standard like a normal 52 card deck, or would players be able to custumize ther deck
    like in Magic
    you could do alot with eaither stile, i would think.

• Sounds interesting?

Like Magic?

Every country starts off with their capital in play, that produces X IPC a turn, with a bank, and a factory.

Bank is used to collect unused IPC.

And factory is used to create or produce one of three units, land unit, air unit, naval unit.

Each turn, you can play a territory card, that produces X IPC a turn

There will be tech cards, equipment cards, special effects cards, tactics card (blitz, flanking, dug in defenders,) etc.

There will be generic unit cards, inf, art, arm, ftr, bmb, etc, etc, that each country can use and country specific cards (advanced units, etc).

I can figure out attack and defense pretty easily.

Land units, only block land units.

Air blocks all units

Naval units block air and naval units, can only be used if your territory has a Seazone.

SBR’s can be incorporated, aa guns would require being manned by inf (gunners), with each territory having X aa guns (more gunners you have more chance to shoot down planes but less to be used for regular offense or defense).

What I can’t figure out is what everyone is playing for?  In Magic, each player has life.

What about AA Card game?  What is the objective?  To capture territories?

If anyone can come up with an objective then I think we can figure out the rest based on other TC games?

Maybe your capitals all produce X IPC (same IPC value), with a National Unity value of X, and goal is to reduce it to 0?

Just a thought.

• @Adlertag:

A&A D-day had 3 decks of cards. I never cared much for that game. The real meaning of a wargame is when you have a military power fantasy you want to live out. Then you need plastic soldiers, and a good looking map. The territories must be of such an state, that you really want to conquer them. Some say the Revised was not a real wargame, because the dark territories was so ugly nobody really wanted to conquer them, and the black oceans was so dark, that when you put a german sub in the water, it got lost, and you would never find it again. But AA50, that is a real wargame. That was a divine gift from Larry to all of us. Unfortunately the chimps at WOTC managed to ruin some of the pieces. Bud WWII as a card game ? Are you serious ? Maybe a bunch of retards would like it, after you drive them to the zoo ?

Dead Milkmen FTW.

• There already is a CCG style WWII card game.

That isn’t the one I was thinking of at first but it is what a quick google search turned up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m