axis-dominion vs pejon (allies+17) bm3

• yah that’s probably game ending. you can wait and see if @JDOW agrees.

i wasn’t going to attack it if you had landed that french fig… i kept my options open, waiting to see what you’d do. if you did load that fig, i would’ve attacked gib instead.

• @axis-dominion Sorry man! This is it for this game. You have won Europe already. I need to stay away from you masters until I get more games under my belt.

• @Pejon_88 said in axis-dominion vs pejon (allies+17) bm3:

@axis-dominion Sorry man! This is it for this game. You have won Europe already. I need to stay away from you masters until I get more games under my belt.

ok understood, no problem! yah allies are significantly tougher to play right, so take your time amassing experience with them. good game!

• 2023 '22

@Pejon_88 Oh, so you never looked at London? It was about 80% without the fighter so couldn’t gamble?

At least my calculations weren’t that off then because I you hadn’t attacked with the fig you would have definitely not attacked without your subs (which I totally overlooked).

@Pejon_88 Oh, so you never looked at London? It was about 80% without the fighter so couldn’t gamble?

At least my calculations weren’t that off then because I you hadn’t attacked with the fig you would have definitely not attacked without your subs (which I totally overlooked).

Yah i usually won’t go for London with those odds even unless I’m desperate or feeling especially daring

• 2023 '22

Conclusion of this and the game versus JDOW is that I played too aggressively both times, but my intentions were good. In the game with him the dice were not on my side in Taranto and in this game I overlooked two crucial units which evidently affected your decision.

Anyway, my idea is to stay around and like I told him, I will hopefully provide you with a more interesting game next time!

Conclusion of this and the game versus JDOW is that I played too aggressively both times, but my intentions were good. In the game with him the dice were not on my side in Taranto and in this game I overlooked two crucial units which evidently affected your decision.

Anyway, my idea is to stay around and like I told him, I will hopefully provide you with a more interesting game next time!

You should play tanios. He’s my friend here in AZ and he’ll give you good competition.

• '19

@Pejon_88 @axis-dominion

I was surprised to see a 92 stack but I still havent looked at map. But I was under the impression that a 92 stack was hard to pull off with a german naval buy unless Germany was very unlucky or skipped 110.

I also think if you are going to bid 2 subs to europe you should put them in 91 and 111. 98 doesnt make any sense unless you are going Taranto, which I personally think is always a mistake in this version.

• 2023 '22

@ksmckay @axis-dominion @JDOW thanks all for your advice :)

You have all more or less smashed me at least once so looking forward to beating all of you in the future when I have developed some new strange way of playing this game ;)

But seriously, much appreciated that you pass on your tips and tricks!

I will for sure ask Tanios for a game.

• '15 '14

Oh, another shorty, I am sorry to see this.
    But yes, this slaughter means game for the Axis. I won the similar away vs simon last year.

Pejon, did you forget to consider that Italy could provide the Germans landing space?
    In fact, the German naval build makes the UK 1 way harder, however, there was a very simple move available to prevent a disaster.
    You have to kill the 2 subs at 110 instead of the sub in 106. Without the 2 subs, the attack on 92 becomes way more risky and costly for the Germans.

Against this setup, UK needs to achieve 3 things.

1. Keep UK save enough against sea lion (in this setup, I would keep the odds below 50%)
    2. You need to keep your fleet in 92 safe enough against a German air strike
    3. You absolutely have to make sure the Germans cannot take Gibraltar (which is easy)

I guess this is possible.
    So why the greedy fighter build? Buy AB plus 4 inf
    Kill the 2 subs in 110 instead of the sub in 106

–> Wouldn’t this have been enough to discourage any attacks on 92 or at London?

Also, against a German naval build, I recommend taking Sumatra with India.
    Usually, Japan does not declare at round 2 when German goes naval because the US are more of a nuisance in this scenario than in the style I play.
    The challenge in UK2 is to protect both, Egypt and Gibraltar. But with a more solid UK1 you can be ready for this.
    I did not like the Somaliland movebtw. If you bring the TT over, do it either to kill the Italians or to take Persia. You lose the NO anyway because Alexandria.

• 2023 '22

@JDOW Yes for some reason I try to overdo things right now. Great lessons for me though.

No that was calculated, but I overlooked the subs, which was extremely stupid of me.

Reason I took the sub in 106 is because I thought I could save the des for coming rounds. If I had not overlooked the fact they could go to 92 I would have of course taken them out instead.

Regarding my buy, I again tried to go on the offensive, which was incorrect.

Where would you advice me to put my Med fleet? SZ98?

I did not realize that Japan would hold off the attack due to the German naval build. Another example of lack of experience on my part. Thought Japan was building for a J2 DOW and did not want to waste my transport…

In our game you were about to do a J2 DOW, correct?

Fair point regarding the Somaliland move, but I thought I could take out the Italians on round 2 and actually I think I could have if the game would have gone to round 2 since the Anzacs killed the lone guy below Egypt.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m