axis-dominion vs pejon (allies+17) bm3

• 2023 '22

@ksmckay @axis-dominion @JDOW thanks all for your advice :)

You have all more or less smashed me at least once so looking forward to beating all of you in the future when I have developed some new strange way of playing this game ;)

But seriously, much appreciated that you pass on your tips and tricks!

I will for sure ask Tanios for a game.

• '15 '14

Oh, another shorty, I am sorry to see this.
    But yes, this slaughter means game for the Axis. I won the similar away vs simon last year.

Pejon, did you forget to consider that Italy could provide the Germans landing space?
    In fact, the German naval build makes the UK 1 way harder, however, there was a very simple move available to prevent a disaster.
    You have to kill the 2 subs at 110 instead of the sub in 106. Without the 2 subs, the attack on 92 becomes way more risky and costly for the Germans.

Against this setup, UK needs to achieve 3 things.

1. Keep UK save enough against sea lion (in this setup, I would keep the odds below 50%)
    2. You need to keep your fleet in 92 safe enough against a German air strike
    3. You absolutely have to make sure the Germans cannot take Gibraltar (which is easy)

I guess this is possible.
    So why the greedy fighter build? Buy AB plus 4 inf
    Kill the 2 subs in 110 instead of the sub in 106

–> Wouldn’t this have been enough to discourage any attacks on 92 or at London?

Also, against a German naval build, I recommend taking Sumatra with India.
    Usually, Japan does not declare at round 2 when German goes naval because the US are more of a nuisance in this scenario than in the style I play.
    The challenge in UK2 is to protect both, Egypt and Gibraltar. But with a more solid UK1 you can be ready for this.
    I did not like the Somaliland movebtw. If you bring the TT over, do it either to kill the Italians or to take Persia. You lose the NO anyway because Alexandria.

• 2023 '22

@JDOW Yes for some reason I try to overdo things right now. Great lessons for me though.

No that was calculated, but I overlooked the subs, which was extremely stupid of me.

Reason I took the sub in 106 is because I thought I could save the des for coming rounds. If I had not overlooked the fact they could go to 92 I would have of course taken them out instead.

Regarding my buy, I again tried to go on the offensive, which was incorrect.

Where would you advice me to put my Med fleet? SZ98?

I did not realize that Japan would hold off the attack due to the German naval build. Another example of lack of experience on my part. Thought Japan was building for a J2 DOW and did not want to waste my transport…

In our game you were about to do a J2 DOW, correct?

Fair point regarding the Somaliland move, but I thought I could take out the Italians on round 2 and actually I think I could have if the game would have gone to round 2 since the Anzacs killed the lone guy below Egypt.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m